Federico Girardi MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine New York, NY

• Good
  • Bad

August 7th, 2017
Would trust no one else in the world with my spine
Dr Girardi operated on my lumbar many years ago and I have a total disc replacement, participating in an early FDA study. I have been 100% satisfied to this point in my life. Now having a little trouble in neck and heading right back to see him. The best!!

January 31st, 2017
Dr.Federico Girardi made me a cripple
during a six hour lumbar spinal fusion surgery where he took a break to call and tell my husband that everything was going well. He or some other MD cut a nerve in my right leg. I was, by the way, his last surgery which started very late in the day. .Waking up to pain in only my left leg, I was just happy not to have pain on the right one. It took a while to realize that was not normal. I was not able to do PT for 16 months during which time my right leg got shorter than the left. I cannot stand up straight. My walk is very aged looking and I have to wear a brace that was molded for me if I want to walk for more than 5 minutes. I also need a cane. After the surgery he was unavailable on the phone. His PA's did the phone work. He did not visit me in the hospital until the next to last day of a 6 day hospitalization, before going to rehab. During our initial interview he told me that I would be walking in 3 months and back on the tennis courts in 6..He never admitted that anything was wrong during the 2 follow up visits spread out over many weeks. In the end he wrote me a letter saying he was sorry that he could not reach MY expectations and passed me off to another MD, He didn't reach his own expectations. I was totally trusting going in and never questioned him.

January 21st, 2017
Save me from a life of pain!!!!nearly eliminated all sciatica pain. I had failed fusion at Mt. Sinai, had 4 epidural injections and received several rejections from Dr.'s who said they could not help me. At my lowest hour I went to Dr. Girardi who spent time with me then asked for additional time to study my films and then came back and simply said he could fix me. I had surgery 3 months ago and the pain has almost all gone away and I am in PT improving every day. This man is a talented surgeon and a super nice, compassionate human being. He is my gift from God. Thank you.
Dr. Girardi did a fusion revision of S1-L5 that has

July 26th, 2016
Superb Spine Doc
Federico p girardi is excellent

July 26th, 2016
Dr.Gerardi is a wonderful man. He told me that the pain would stop as soon as he did the surgery and it did. I would recommend him to anyone that has excruciating pain He is your man. Do not hesitate you will be very happy

May 3rd, 2016
BEST SURGEON IN THE CITY!!! PEOPLE TRAVEL FROM EUROPE TO MEET HIM!
I GIRARDI AND FOUND HIM TO BE VERY CARING AND ENGAGING. HE ASKED ALL THE RIGHT QUESTIONS AND ACCURATELY DIAGNOSED ME. HIS CREDENTIALS AND AWARDS OVERWHELMED ME . I RESPECT AND ADMIRE HIM GREATLY AND WHEN I'M READY FOR SURGERY, I WOULDN'T TRUST ANYONE BUT DR. GIRARDI. GREAT SURGEON AND VERY NICE GUY!!

April 5th, 2016
Dr Girardi operated on me 5 times. He is the best

November 19th, 2015
Awful experience dealing with his office. If you elect to have surgery with him, do not expect good follow up care. They never return a phone call in less than 2 days.

September 21st, 2015
He was ok until there were complications after surgery. His office is a mess.

April 28th, 2015
A Good Doctor with the Right Expertise
After year-long research and seeing between 5 - 10 so - called "Best Doctor" In New York. I finally decided to stay with Dr. Girardi. It is very important to get the doctor who is very knowledgeable at what he does. He is awarded as an "Leading Expert" in his field which I know is only about 1% of all the doctors get this award. Another important consideration is that he has to be ethical. By seeing all these awards of "Patient Choices" and "Compassionate Doctor" , they give me more confidence on him. Dr. Girardi went through the detail of physical exam, review of the image of my spine, the procedure of diagnosis, and physical therapy, then come to conclusion and recommendations. This is exactly what I expect a good, careful, and ethical doctor does. Besides these, he is also a very gentle and calm doctor, and you will find peace and trust there. His team and staffs are also very serious about the daily operation at the office. I know sometime it might not be easy to make appointment or long wait time, but it is worth it. The staff members there try their best all the time to prioritize and handle patients from many different conditions.

March 24th, 2015
Best spine surgeon, anywhere
Dr. Girardi operated on my back after 3 other surgeries with other doctors. I had unbearable pain before he did a disc replacement. It was a difficult surgery and I would not have anyone else touch my back. He is always available and helpful. I have sent many other patients to him over the year and all are happy, doing well, and grateful. He is a gifted surgeon and a wonderful person.

February 8th, 2015
Hazardous Mess
Girardi and anyone associated with him is a mess of disorganization, miscommunication all equaling harm. If you go with him, hope you have no issues post-op. If you have issues, run for your life because you will never reach him and the PAs at HSS are the prime example why PAs or NPs do NOT substitute doctors. He ruined my spine resulting in losing 3 years of functioning. Had to go outside of NYC (yes, NYC) to find a doctor (at Hopkins) who wasted no time in not just fixing the surgical mistake of Girardi BUT the damage caused (then ignored) by Girardi.