Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Doctor.com.
BEST SURGEON IN THE CITY!!! PEOPLE TRAVEL FROM EUROPE TO MEET HIM! show details BEST SURGEON IN THE CITY!!! PEOPLE TRAVEL FROM EUROPE TO MEET HIM!
by ANNONYMOUS on May 3rd, 2016

I GIRARDI AND FOUND HIM TO BE VERY CARING AND ENGAGING. HE ASKED ALL THE RIGHT QUESTIONS AND ACCURATELY DIAGNOSED ME. HIS CREDENTIALS AND AWARDS OVERWHELMED ME . I RESPECT AND ADMIRE HIM GREATLY AND WHEN I'M READY FOR SURGERY, I WOULDN'T TRUST ANYONE BUT DR. GIRARDI. GREAT SURGEON AND VERY NICE GUY!!

by Ron Cummings on Apr 4th, 2016

Dr Girardi operated on me 5 times. He is the best

Nov 18th, 2015

Awful experience dealing with his office. If you elect to have surgery with him, do not expect good follow up care. They never return a phone call in less than 2 days.

Sep 20th, 2015

He was ok until there were complications after surgery. His office is a mess.

A Good Doctor with the Right Expertise show details A Good Doctor with the Right Expertise
by B. Lee on Apr 28th, 2015

After year-long research and seeing between 5 - 10 so - called "Best Doctor" In New York. I finally decided to stay with Dr. Girardi. It is very important to get the doctor who is very knowledgeable at what he does. He is awarded as an "Leading Expert" in his field which I know is only about 1% of all the doctors get this award. Another important consideration is that he has to be ethical. By seeing all these awards of "Patient Choices" and "Compassionate Doctor" , they give me more confidence on him. Dr. Girardi went through the detail of physical exam, review of the image of my spine, the procedure of diagnosis, and physical therapy, then come to conclusion and recommendations. This is exactly what I expect a good, careful, and ethical doctor does. Besides these, he is also a very gentle and calm doctor, and you will find peace and trust there. His team and staffs are also very serious about the daily operation at the office. I know sometime it might not be easy to make appointment or long wait time, but it is worth it. The staff members there try their best all the time to prioritize and handle patients from many different conditions.

Best spine surgeon, anywhere show details Best spine surgeon, anywhere
by Armand on Mar 24th, 2015

Dr. Girardi operated on my back after 3 other surgeries with other doctors. I had unbearable pain before he did a disc replacement. It was a difficult surgery and I would not have anyone else touch my back. He is always available and helpful. I have sent many other patients to him over the year and all are happy, doing well, and grateful. He is a gifted surgeon and a wonderful person.

Hazardous Mess show details Hazardous Mess
Feb 8th, 2015

Girardi and anyone associated with him is a mess of disorganization, miscommunication all equaling harm. If you go with him, hope you have no issues post-op. If you have issues, run for your life because you will never reach him and the PAs at HSS are the prime example why PAs or NPs do NOT substitute doctors. He ruined my spine resulting in losing 3 years of functioning. Had to go outside of NYC (yes, NYC) to find a doctor (at Hopkins) who wasted no time in not just fixing the surgical mistake of Girardi BUT the damage caused (then ignored) by Girardi.

Saved my life show details Saved my life
by Patricia N. on Oct 9th, 2014

Dr Girardi operated on me when no doctor at Hopkins , Mayo clinic would even touch me. I was very complicated for surgery. They presented me at conferences where doctors said no surgery. I had 5 failed fusions and bent over 90 degrees. He fixed me and my life!!!

Dr. Girardi is the best!! show details Dr. Girardi is the best!!
Oct 2nd, 2014

I was in terrible back pain for almost 20 years. After trying everything else, I knew I needed to see a surgeon. Dr Girardi, was kind, and patient,while listening to me complain. He then looked at all my charts (MRI etc) and said I needed fusions L4, L5 & S1. He took his time explaining the procedure and we set a date for surgery. Within 6 months, I was back in business feeling better than ever. Also off of all pain meds except Advil. I cannot express how much I love Dr. Girardi! It's been five years and I have a completely normal and very active life. When you find the right doctor, you know. All I can say is I recommend anybody with terrible back pain to at least go see him. He is truly a miracle worker!!

Awesome doctor show details Awesome doctor
by JJ A on Sep 30th, 2014

I was hurting for a long time. Saaw many doctors over the years. As soon as I met Dr Girardi i knew I was in good hands. He explained everything and things went exactly as he said. I still has some numbness but he said that was going to be the case. My pain is gone and my strength came back to normal.

GODS ANGEL... show details GODS ANGEL...
by DONNA NOURY on Dec 15th, 2013

I MET DR GIRARDI 2005. I HAD BACK FUSION SURGERY. HE SAVED MY LIFE. HE IS A WONDERFUL DOCTOR, HE DID EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID HE WAS GOING DO AND TOTALLY PREPARED ME FOR THIS SURGERY. HERE I AM 2013 ALTHOUGH I HAVE SOME MUSCLE ISSUES I AM WALKING AND FUNCTIONING VERY WELL NO PAIN MEDS SINCE JAN 2007. I JUST WANT TO EXPRESS MY THANKS TO A WONDERFUL PERSON WHO HELPS PEOPLE ON A DAILY BASIS. GOD CALLS THEM ANGELS... HE IS IS ONE OF GODS ANGELS SO I WISH MANY BLESSINGS BACK TO YOU DR GIRARDI..

Aug 15th, 2013

Excellent doctor. Very hard to get and see him. You need to apply. Office staff is hopeless and helpless. Can't do anything right without reaching out to his assistant who saves the day. Dr Girardi is worth the pain of dealing with the incompetent office staff.

Mr Schwartz show details Mr Schwartz
Jun 20th, 2012

One of the best doctors I have had the experience of being a patient of. His ability to perform is unsurpassed, what he said I would have in my recovery was just that. After my surgery five years ago a fusion at L5S1 I went mountain hiking. The year after hang gliding, I stay active as well. You may not be able to get in to see Dr Girardi as you do to see your Internist. The wait will be understood, after you meet with him. The staff is second to none; above most, polite, they leave no stone unturned. I have recommended Dr Girardi to several friends as well strangers with fears of seeing back doctors because of horror stories they have heard.

TERRIBLE POLO PLAYING ACCIDENT - 6 YRS UNTIL I FOUND A SUPERB SURGEON & CARING FRIEND IN DR GIRARDI show details TERRIBLE POLO PLAYING ACCIDENT - 6 YRS UNTIL I FOUND A SUPERB SURGEON & CARING FRIEND IN DR GIRARDI
Apr 20th, 2011

I am now 41 years old. Had always been a keen sportsman until I suffered a very serious accident playing polo. For 6 long years, I was not able to stay standing up for more than 5 minutes without terrible pain. I had had two back and hip surgeries -performed by top physicians- before I met Dr. Girardi. I can't say enough of him. He literally went out of his way to help me solve my problems and give me back the life I had once had. Which, most importantly, HE DID. Excellent diagnosis, outstanding surgical skills, impeccable academic credentials and a very special, sensitive person. Exactly one year after my surgery with Dr. Girardi, I am back playing tennis and virtually pain free. I feel so lucky to have met such an extraordinary person. PS. I live overseas, and he still periodically writes and keeps in touch to learn how I am doing.

Excellent Experience show details Excellent Experience
Mar 25th, 2011

I was having severe leg pain for months. I was not able to play with my kids, play sports or cook.Different surgeons told me I needed surgery.friends of mine had surgery with Dr Girardi and convinced me to see him. I will alays be grateful to them. Despite fact I was ready for surgery he told me to try injection around my nerve. Pain went away immediately and never came back. This was more than a year ago. Thank you Dr Girardi. He is handsome and supernice!

caring and superb doctor! show details caring and superb doctor!
by MT on Mar 23rd, 2011

I saw Dr Girardi for my neck problem. He wanted me to have pain management first which I tried but did not help for long. He then explained my option and the surgical procedure in so much detail I knew he was for me. I had surgery 6 months ago and I wish I would have seen him sooner. He is an impressive human being and spine doctor.

Excellent show details Excellent
by Anonymous on Oct 24th, 2010 on doctor.com

Excellent person and surgeon

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Sep 19th, 2010

In spite of scoliosis, osteoporosis, 2 cancers, and other complications, Dr. Girardi has done several spine surgeries that have brought me years of life. A couple of other doctors were reluctant to even try, but Dr. Girardi did, and now I am 78 years old and can drive and enjoy my grandchildren and years of life I probably wouldn't have had otherwise. Dr. Girardi is an extraordinary human being, and I smile with gratitude.

Never Had a Better Experience....EVER!!! show details Never Had a Better Experience....EVER!!!
by Dominic Garabedian on Sep 15th, 2010

In total for every appointment, I literally waiting a combined 10 minutes. Professional, courteous, and incredible at what he does.

CONFIDENT show details CONFIDENT
by Edyth-Anne Herczech on Jul 4th, 2010

THIS DOCTOR MADE ME FEEL COMFORTABLE AND AT EASE.I NEVER FELT RUSHED.HE ANSWERED EVERY QUESTION I HAD AND EVEN SOME I DID NOT.I WILL BOOK MY SURGERY WITH CONFIDENCE!

most caring doctor show details most caring doctor
Jan 23rd, 2010

dr girardi is indeed an amazing doctor who always makes time for any and all questions. He is caring, patient, and very well informed. I highly recommend to anyone who has any sort of back ailments.

Can't say enough show details Can't say enough
Nov 19th, 2008

He has an amazingly calming demenour... He truly cares. He's busy but he's worth it = I would 100% recommend him.

Dr. Girardi is an excellent surgeon and doctor. His bedside manners are awesome. He makes you feel very comfortable even though you are having the largest spinal operation you could imagine show details Dr. Girardi is an excellent surgeon and doctor. His bedside manners are awesome. He makes you feel very comfortable even though you are having the largest spinal operation you could imagine
by EES on Aug 13th, 2008

I had many spinal operations before I met Dr. Girardi, I was told surgery was not an option. I was told I needed morphine and a wheelchair for the rest of my life (I am 45 years old). Dr Girardi saw me and I knew my life was changed for ever. I had an enormous operation that lasted 12 hours, and since that have a new life. It was a painful recovery, although I felt better than before surgery right away. I am taking no pain medications and walked 3 miles a day . I was born again. He is very caring and makes you feel that you are his only patient.