Dr. Fehmida Zahabi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 18th, 2016
Terrible Experience with office staff to make an appointment
I miss Dr. Zahabi I am unable to go because her office does not accept my current insurance. However I have been singing her praises and I have a friend who is in real need and would benefit from seeing Dr. Zahabi. The front office has caused Dr. Zahabi to lose two patients and I am sure others will follow first of all in a two period weeks time, calling multiple times in the day pressing the right button for new a patient appointment (option #2) no one answered. Finally I call and get a live person who was rude, unprofessional, & condescending, and then when my friend called to make the appointment she encountered 2 staff-ers who proceeded to treat her as if she was ignorant and they deemed her unworthy to come to that office....they spoke to her as if she was unfit to be a patient. I am writing this review in hopes that the Dr. reads it and understands that the front office can make you or break you. Not only have you lost a new patient but I will not remain in your care, so I have fired you as my doctor.

February 16th, 2016
Bad doctor
I started going to Dr. Zahabi sad to say three years now and she only saw me one 2 times out of the three years of being her patient. I only would see her APN Andrea Landon which she is good but like my other doctor said that she should not be seeing you every visit because she has not went to school the number of year to know everything to become a doctor and that I needed to fine a new doctor. The office is not organize and they never send your records to your other doctors like they should. My doctor would always complain that they never get updates on me from this doctors office and when you ask them to send the information they never do. I my Dermatologist was not a Rheumatologist before becoming a Dermatologist I would have change doctor long time ago. My Dermatologist is doing for me what Dr. Zahabi should be doing and all my doctors would ask me who is your Rheumatologist because she should be addressing the issues that I'm having with Lupus.

September 18th, 2015
Luv Luv she has given me so hope, I have been from doctor to doctor trying to feel better!!! She is a ray of sunshine......

June 18th, 2014
Awesome
Dr Zahabi is the most compassionate caring physician I have seen. There isn't a better Rheumatologist out there. I highly recommend her. She listens to you and hears what you are saying. You are never rushed in her office. She cares about the whole patient and that is refreshing!

August 13th, 2012
No...Just No
Dr. Zahabi is extremely pompous...apparently she is so smart she doesn't need to run tests to give you a terrible diagnosis and put you on a powerful drug. That is exactly what she did to me. Thank GOD I found a new rheumatologist who actually knew what he was doing. She would also make remarks about my clothing and such....which was very rude. Would absolutely not recommend!

May 29th, 2012
Also Misdiagnosed
If you are the kind of patient that believes you have a right to ask questions and participate in your care, or have an opinion, this is NOT the doctor for you. She seems to have a particular "pet" diagnosis and if you question it because it doesn't match your symptoms, she gets insulted. I was refused ANY treatment including pain medication. All she wanted to do was make appointment after appointment for HER benefit, not mine. Test results were kept from me until I requested them. She interrupted one apointment to discuss a party she was planning, which was totally unprofessional and showed her total lack of consideration for her patients. I spent over $1000 to get NO treatment whatsoever!

August 4th, 2011
Dr. Zahabi is the BEST! She is so caring and really knows her field. I recommend her to anyone having issues with autoimmune diseases,especially arthritus.

May 16th, 2011
The Best of the Best
My mother and I have both seen Dr. Zahabi for several years. We both have a kind of RA called ankylosing spondilytis. Dr. Zahabi is a kind, intelligent, experienced physician who spends however much time it takes to make sure the diagnosis and treatment are correct. She has plenty of patience and we would not trade her for a whole team of specialists from the Mayo Clinic!

April 21st, 2011
I Don't Understand...
I don't what to make of all these positive reviews of Dr Zahabi. It was these reviews that made me select her in the first place. She misdiagnosed me and missed all the signs of what I truly have. Not only that but she started me on MTX (BEFORE she received the results of my blood work), which is a serious drug that I did NOT need and made me terribly sick. Thankfully, I stopped the medication before it did any permanent damage. I'm not saying the medication is bad, but it IS bad to give it to someone that does not need it. If you want to be treated for pain, she will offer you nothing. Her belief is to wait until the MTX takes effect, of course, it did not with me because I do not have what she said I did. It is scary that a doctor would prescribe a serious medication before she ever saw my blood work and when she did - "hm, its normal..." BUT she still insisted I had the diagnosis she originally said I had. WHAT???????????On my follow up visit (and my last visit), she was annoyed that I brought someone with me into the appointment, but I have every right to do so, it is not so uncommon. I fired her and moved to someone that actually listened and did not jump to conclusions.I'm happy that others find her helpful, but if you are going to her for new diagnosis, she is quick to label you with a dx, which of course means my insurance LABELED me with something I don't even have! I would definitely recommend a second opinion if Dr Zahabi was the one to diagnose you and you have something that is is a clinical diagnosis, meaning it cannot be seen on the blood work.

April 14th, 2011
Simply the best Dr ever!
I have been a patient of Dr Zahabi since 1997. She was the first Dr to accurately diagnose me, She was the first Dr to relieve my symptons after years of going to Drs and being miserable. She is simply the most professional, caring, understanding and compassionate Dr I have ever known. It does not matter what other health issues you have - you feel that she cares deeply about "all of you" as a whole person and is willing to jump in and intervene/help with referrals to other drs., recommendations of how to manage other issues. She is incredibly bright, but you never feel as if she is speaking down to you. Simply a "real" person that is passionate about what she does. You will love her and she will take excellent care of you.

April 10th, 2011
Well worth the wait
Currently it is taking 3-6 months to get a new patient appointment. The wait in the office can be as long as 1.5 hours before seeing Dr. Zahabi. BUT...It is well worth the wait. She is very caring, compassionate and thorough. She rules out all other possibilities before diagnosing someone with arthritis. Once she has, she has the opinion towards medications of "Start low and go slow" that way you are on the least amount of medications possible with the least number of side effects. She works with you on finding the right combination of treatments to get you back up & going. Has great office hours also.NOTE: Address on this site is incorrect. She is in Plano on Stonewood Dr.

October 14th, 2010
Unlike any other
Dr. Zahabi is unlike any other doctor that I have known. She seems to ligitimately care about the whole person and takes the time to understand you. She is extremely smart and remembers even little things. She addresses issues that other doctors won't even touch. She wants her patients to not just be well, but to also have a fulfilling life.