Dr. Fekede Gemechu Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Fekede Gemechu?

Posted on August 30th, 2012

Was diagnosed with thyroid papillary ca in 2001 and Dr. Nim referred me to Dr. Gemechu. I have regrets about my decision to have Dr. Gemechu perform the surgery without having a 2nd opinion by a head and neck specialist and a 2nd opinion on the pathology. I am wondering about the overdiagnosis of thyroid ca. Shame on Dr. Nim, shame on Dr. Gemechu, and shame on me. My cancer returned 9 yrs later and had to undergo another surgery, this time by a head and neck surgeon with plenty of experience with neck cancer, and another round of high dose RAI. Now I am suffering from swallowing problems and difficulty breathing for the past several years. Two neck surgeries, radioactive iodine , and high doses of thyroid hormone have taken a toll on my well being and my career.

Posted on April 4th, 2009

Dr. Gemechu is a truly awesome person and doctor. Highly recommended!

Posted on May 29th, 2010

Bowel Incontinence

Get the facts about bowel incontinence, including the causes and who is most at risk of developing it.