Internist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Solid C-  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2014

Doc is fine. Front desk person is rude and unprofessional. But don't try to get in to see the dr. on short notice, won't happen. Wish there were a zero for the stars.

|  THE BEST DOCTOR EVER  |  show details
by BRIAN I GROSS on Apr 8th, 2013

DR JACOBS IS THE BEST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD

|  not my best choice  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2013

I called to speak to the Doctor in regards to a medication issue that had been prescribed to my wife which had caused her to physically pass out within a half hour of taking and causing severe nausea and vomiting. As the husband I called this doctors office and attempted to explain to whoever answered the phone. When I told them that the medication was for my wifes Fibromyalgia which is one of the health issues that this office has been treating my wife for for years I was told by the person in the office that my wife had been prescribed the medication for restless leg syndrome (??????), I informed this person my wife does not have restless leg syndrome I was then told that the last appointment that my wife saw the doctor for was for restless leg syndrome not fibromyalgia. I asked the woman to check the records and confirm that she had my wifes file at this point the person at the office become rather rude and I politely informed them that someone "needs to get their head out of their bottom" as this was not the first time that wrong information medication and treatments had been documented. Follow up 5 months later my wife made an appointment and arrived and was rudely told in front of a waiting room full of people and a drug rep that she had called and cursed and yelled at an office staff member and that my wife had transfered care out of their office. My wife had no idea what was going on and broke down crying to me out in the car. I proceeded to go into the office and was politely told that my wife had been the person who had called 5 months earlier I explained to the women that it had been me who had called and no vulgar language was used on my end, I was told it was written there fore that is what had happened, and my wife was no longer a patient (blessing in disguise ?). Final note on subject this office can't even transcribe a phone call correctly let alone medical information and medical history, so patient beware.

Oct 16th, 2012

I could not be happier that I found Dr. Jacob after moving here from New York. I have recommended her to two of my friends who also agree, she is great.

|  Good Doctor  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2012

Listens to my concerns, offers suggetions

Aug 13th, 2011

Dr Jacobs is a good doctor, however as others have mentioned-you are only as good as your office. Office workers are DEFINITELY not patient friendly and are horrible at relaying questions for doctor. I like the doctor, but am going to find a new one dur to rudeness of office staff-not nurse, but staff.

|  You get what you get and you do get upset  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2011

When she has the time, she pretends to care. When she cant be bothered she rushes and does not listen. I am surprised she does not have malpractice suits. She writes things in chart that she didnt even to, i.e. bp request a copy of your notes.

|  The incompetent doctor who doesn't seem to care!  |  show details
by Gout sufferer that was forced to wait in pain. on May 10th, 2011

I wanna see my doctor Jacobs a few weeks back. I thought the office visit went fairly well and was scheduled for a follow up visit after some tests were to be done. The doctor cancelled my appointment due to leaving town. I was told to wait another 2 weeks for an appointment. While waiting for my rescheduled appointment I was in severe pain from my gout so I called the office to ask the doctor a simple question. I needed the prescription that I was waiting for to get my relief and could not wait another 2 weeks. In their incompetence they called in a prescription for Augmentin an antibiotic which will in no way help gout. When I dared to call back and complain and question the incompetence I was told not to come back. I would never recommend this doctor.

Nov 10th, 2010

Very caring, listens to me and is proactive in getting results.

Mar 31st, 2010

probably the most caring, knowledgeable md , spent time discussing issues, staff called me promptly with my test resulst

Sep 9th, 2009

A doctor is only as good as their office staff, and this office is not run in the best interest of the patients. Expect to wait weeks for an appointment, and if you need to speak to the doctor, try telepathy.

|  Great doctor until she gets busy  |  show details
Sep 9th, 2009

She started out seeming caring but now they have too many patients. The office staff is rude and unhelpful. My wife called in with an emergency and they wouldn't even have Dr. Jacob give her a call. They told her she had to have an appointment to get help and that the earliest appointment was a month away. It was an emergency!! Stay away unless you never have to go to the doctor.

Aug 17th, 2009

Dr. Jacob inappropriately prescribed a 5 day antibiotic regimen prior to a dentist appointment due to a minor heart condition. My dentist questioned the prescription and suggested I call my cardiologist. My cardiologist was stunned at the prescription and stated that NO antibiotic was needed and that the protocol had changed 2 years ago and an antibiotic prior to a dental appointment is NOT proper. I contacted Dr. Jacob indicating my confusion and need for some concensus. The nurse shunned the call and stated that Dr. Jacob knew what she was doing, etc. Dr. Jacob was on vacation and upon her return I received a phone call from their office telling me to follow the cardiologist recommendation and to find a new Doctor..... I filed a complaint.