Family Medicine

High Desert Medical Group
43839 15th St W
Lancaster, CA 93534
661-726-3800
Locations and availability (1)

• Currently 3.6190476190476 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.9047619047619 of 4 stars
 |  A good Doctor matters  |  show details
Jul 24th, 2012

I cannot be more pleased with the selection of this Doctor as my primary. I have been with him for over 2 years, and my health has improved markedly. He has been pro-active, positive, and encouraging. i am also pleased with his nurse who provides an abundance of healthful tools and is always accessible. However, I cannot say I am pleased with the group as a whole. Good doctors are scarce here and many times, they try to shift you over to theIncompetent docs, especially if you have bad insurance. Don't letHigh Deserr do that to you. Thank God I have my PPO. The onlyother Doctor I would recommend is Dr.Parazo at this place.

|  I don't think any physician has done so much for me.  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2012

I transferred from my long-time physician to Dr. Chien's practice witha great deal of trepidation, not knowingwhat would happen. I am genuinely pleased with the care I am currently receiving and Dr. Chien's self-effacing humor is a welcome respite from the arrogance I've received from other medical professionals.

|  show details
Nov 10th, 2011

I was greeted by a smiling face when I walk in and the paperwork was already mailed to me so it was a pretty easy process. When I went to the back of the office, my vitals were taken, some questions were asked and then the doctor came in. I was concerned about a ball I felt in my breast and he barely even took a notice or talked to me about it. He asked me if I had any other concerns wrote me a script and sent me on my way. With all do respect to the medical field, I would've appreciated him acting like I was somewhat of a priority and slowing down for the appointment.

|  Very comprehensive doctor.  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2011

He is probably one of the better physicians in the area. Hard to obtain an appointment to meet with him, but my friends tell me that he is a very good physician, and I was pleased once I talked with him. The only problem I have is his availability, but otherwise he's a fantastic Doc. And his nurses Teresa and Marisol are swell too.

|  show details
by Jane F. on Dec 17th, 2009

He not only has a well-funded knowledgeof traditional medical practices butis also knowledgeable about alternativepractices of medicine as well.

|  Very friendly, nice doctor  |  show details
by A. Flores on Oct 9th, 2009

Dr. Chien is very nice. He spent time talking with me and listening to my problems. He is also quick and matter of fact. I have had man problems with my back and shoulders since my car accident, and his treatments have improved me to about 80%. I cannot be more grateful.

|  Good Heart, no nonsense physician  |  show details
by Sandra Ramirez on Mar 29th, 2009

I don't have much confidence in physicians. For the most part they either pretend to care or don't listen to what I'm trying to tell them. Dr. Chien is different. He has a straightforward personality, and while it takes awhile to get accustomed to, he has a good heart. He goes the extra mile.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Rebecca Smith on Feb 24th, 2009

Very friendly. He is a very kind Doctor and very intelligent.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by Jose Lopez on Feb 18th, 2009

He is caring, straight-forward and receptive to questions.