Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgeon
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Aug 18th, 2016

Would give NO stars if it let me. No bedside manner - very 'flippant' attitude. Makes patients feel like they're just another procedure with absolutely no empathy or concern. Blames patients when things go wrong. Infections, etc., etc. Stay away!

Aug 12th, 2016

What a poor excuse of a doctor he makes you wait so long in the room then bills you for a long appointment. If you have Obama care or Medicare he will see you fast or if you are his skin color

First Class show details First Class
by Vic Vignola on Aug 5th, 2016

Dr Kirven is an outstanding doctor. He is thorough and a true professional. I was particularly impressed by the way he patiently explained my issue and how to attack it. He gets things done with humor, style and excellent skills. I cannot praise him enough.

May 26th, 2016

He ended my father life. Simple knee surgery cost my father his life.

Mar 14th, 2016

Dr. Kirven is a Great doctor. He has an excellent beside manner and a great personality. My only problem is his wait time. You have to wait a considerable amount of time. I still would not have another doctor.

Aug 10th, 2015

Dr Felux Kirven has performed surgery to my bones. He is a fantastic surgeon and his demeanor is fantastic! He is a man who has made a positive difference in many lives.

by Clifton Harrison on Jul 21st, 2015

It is indeed a pleasure having Dr. Kirven as my doctor. He takes time with you doing your visit, has excellent bedside manners and establishes a professional relationship with the patient. I am truly impressed with his skills as a surgeon and will continue as well as recommend his services to others (in fact I have on two occasion).

sad but true show details sad but true
Jul 20th, 2015

This is the first time I've ever posted a review on any topic. After my appointment with Felix Kirven, I want to send out a warning to others. In my opinion, he does not have the patients best interests in mind. He is after the almighty dollar. As for him being a Doctor, I think he gives the profession a bad name.

by Margarita curry on Feb 13th, 2015

There a little wait but if you want the best surgeon, it's worth waiting

Dec 11th, 2014

Ok but late most t of the time. So now I prefer to see his partner in same clinic .

Gun for Hire show details Gun for Hire
Apr 8th, 2014

He is a mercenary Doctor that hires himself out for defense lawyers. He will do or say anything the insurance company asks him too. Google Land N Sea Distributing to read how low he will sink.

LPN show details LPN
Feb 27th, 2014

I would not ever choose this doctor again for any reason.I waited undressed in the exam room 45-50min. He was very rude and abrupt when responding to my questions. His bedside manner was despicable. He made no eye contact and did not show any concern for my level of pain,nor my Bp164/100, maybe because he was hired by a defense lawyer, his office became the courtroom and Felix Kirven became the JUDGE, not physician.This was the worst experience in >50 years of any encounter with a medical professional. It will stay with me forever!!!

patient care show details patient care
by bill whittaker on Jun 8th, 2013

I have read many reviews. I have delt with dr. kirven among many,many other doctors. not only did he do my neck surgery,but hebeen caring for by back issues for sometime. he is always busy.but a very knowledgable person. great caring doctor.kudos to dr. kirven. believe me ...no doctor is perfect.

WORTH THE WAIT show details WORTH THE WAIT
Oct 29th, 2012

After a serious accident in 1996 i had been sent to several doctors by my insurance trying to treat me without suurgery Dr kirven was the only dr that stood beside me my time of agony...because it took so long to get the surgery that was needed it caused permanent damage to by back and leg. DR kirven is not only a good doctor but a stand up person as well, very caring, understanding and makes you feel at home . His staff is professional i recommend him anytime i have the opportunity to and have for 16 years

Very Good First Impression! show details Very Good First Impression!
Sep 4th, 2012

I had my first visit with the doctor today. I was very nervous but he quickly put me at ease. Dr. Kirven was extremely knowledgeable,caring, and personable. I am totally trusting of his diagnosis. His staff was very courteous, not only to me, but to all the patients. I am very happy that I was recommended to Dr. Kirven.

Great Doctor and Staff show details Great Doctor and Staff
May 19th, 2012

Everyone was kind and helpful. They care about you as a whole person. I understand the wait in an orthopaedic office can sometime be longer than we like because of emergency situations etc.. I worked for physicans and a hospital for many years, so this helps me understand. I could have been the emergency that caused them to get behind.

The best... show details The best...
Jan 24th, 2011

I went to several Doctors before I went to Dr. Kirven. I actually allowed the City of Virginia Beach to choose him since I knew no one. He is absolutely the best Dr. for me. He diagnosed and operated on my back. He spends enough time with me and shows me he truly cares. What else can you ask from a Dr.?

adhesive encapsulitis x 2 , 5 years apart show details adhesive encapsulitis x 2 , 5 years apart
Jan 19th, 2011

Dr. Kirven was highly recommended to me bytwo friends that do NOT know each other.After being dx. and tx. by him on two separate occasions, I would never consideranother orthopedist. Yes you will wait, but he will diagnose and treat the problemwith as few visits as possible and you dohave his undivided attention during thevisit. Very kind and compassionate ALWAYS!

STAY AWAY!!! Find someone else! show details STAY AWAY!!! Find someone else!
Oct 4th, 2010

I had so many problems with Dr. Kirven and his staff, that they are too many to list! He made a "fair" first impression, but I chalked it off to him being a "surgeon" and not having much of a bedside manner. I should have followed my gut instinct and found another doctor! I'm only 9 months postop and he didn't fix my knee, I need more surgery. He's also rude, always in a hurry and he argues with you. He wrenched my back during my KNEE surgery, and forgot to order home health care. He also wouldn't return my phone calls unless I got angry and called repeatedly.

Pretty Good show details Pretty Good
Sep 9th, 2010

He has conducted two spine surgeries on me and is about to perform rotator cuff repair.... I guess I must trust him. He's a great doc...

Dr. Kirven did my surgery today! show details Dr. Kirven did my surgery today!
by Kimberly Whitley on Aug 17th, 2010

Dr. Kirven did my knee surgery today. I have had numerous sports injuries to my shoulder and knees over the last 15 years. I have had one of the top physicians in sports medicane perform my shoulder surgey Dr.Townsend of Ashland, Oregon. ( previous team physician for the Lakers and DOdgers.) I have never had a surgery go as smooth as my operation today. I felt ready to go home much sooner than my scope surgeries in the past with other physicians. I also was impressed at how quickly Dr. Kirven figured out my ongoing issue with my knee after years of seeing other doctors and going through numerous sessions of physical therapy. All I needed was a minor procedure to correct the issue.I love Dr.Kirven's sense of humor, medical knowledge and the fact he does not talk down to you.I would happily refer my friends and family to him.

Feb 17th, 2010

1 time-maybe--2nd time--no more

A good Doc A good man show details A good Doc A good man
Oct 9th, 2008

He is the typ of Doc that will put you frist to get you fix up right hes just a good man