Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgeon
200 Medical Pkwy
Ste 105
Chesapeake, VA 23320
757-963-6507
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

• Currently 2.9047619047619 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  Gun for Hire  |  show details
Apr 8th, 2014

He is a mercenary Doctor that hires himself out for defense lawyers. He will do or say anything the insurance company asks him too. Google Land N Sea Distributing to read how low he will sink.

|  LPN  |  show details
Feb 27th, 2014

I would not ever choose this doctor again for any reason.I waited undressed in the exam room 45-50min. He was very rude and abrupt when responding to my questions. His bedside manner was despicable. He made no eye contact and did not show any concern for my level of pain,nor my Bp164/100, maybe because he was hired by a defense lawyer, his office became the courtroom and Felix Kirven became the JUDGE, not physician.This was the worst experience in >50 years of any encounter with a medical professional. It will stay with me forever!!!

|  patient care  |  show details
by bill whittaker on Jun 8th, 2013

I have read many reviews. I have delt with dr. kirven among many,many other doctors. not only did he do my neck surgery,but hebeen caring for by back issues for sometime. he is always busy.but a very knowledgable person. great caring doctor.kudos to dr. kirven. believe me ...no doctor is perfect.

|  mom  |  show details
by Sherry on Mar 20th, 2013

Our son wen to see him for his knee, while he may be a nice guy, when we got the bill it said to treat the knee 1868.00 He didn't even get a brace or an ace bandage for it. We are calling the fraud department. He did take an xray but that was a separate charge. BTW, his business manager is very rude when we asked about this charge.

|  WORTH THE WAIT  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2012

After a serious accident in 1996 i had been sent to several doctors by my insurance trying to treat me without suurgery Dr kirven was the only dr that stood beside me my time of agony...because it took so long to get the surgery that was needed it caused permanent damage to by back and leg. DR kirven is not only a good doctor but a stand up person as well, very caring, understanding and makes you feel at home . His staff is professional i recommend him anytime i have the opportunity to and have for 16 years

|  Very Good First Impression!  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2012

I had my first visit with the doctor today. I was very nervous but he quickly put me at ease. Dr. Kirven was extremely knowledgeable,caring, and personable. I am totally trusting of his diagnosis. His staff was very courteous, not only to me, but to all the patients. I am very happy that I was recommended to Dr. Kirven.

|  Great Doctor and Staff  |  show details
May 19th, 2012

Everyone was kind and helpful. They care about you as a whole person. I understand the wait in an orthopaedic office can sometime be longer than we like because of emergency situations etc.. I worked for physicans and a hospital for many years, so this helps me understand. I could have been the emergency that caused them to get behind.

|  The best...  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2011

I went to several Doctors before I went to Dr. Kirven. I actually allowed the City of Virginia Beach to choose him since I knew no one. He is absolutely the best Dr. for me. He diagnosed and operated on my back. He spends enough time with me and shows me he truly cares. What else can you ask from a Dr.?

|  adhesive encapsulitis x 2 , 5 years apart  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2011

Dr. Kirven was highly recommended to me bytwo friends that do NOT know each other.After being dx. and tx. by him on two separate occasions, I would never consideranother orthopedist. Yes you will wait, but he will diagnose and treat the problemwith as few visits as possible and you dohave his undivided attention during thevisit. Very kind and compassionate ALWAYS!

Oct 5th, 2010

DR.KIRVEN DID MY KNECK SURGERY,HE IS THE BEST.SOMETIMES YOU WAIT TO SEE HIM,BUT HE IS ALWAYS FREINDLY,AND MOST IMPORTNTLY I TRUST HIM. HE'S BUSY/AND THEREIS A REASON FOR THAT. THANKS//BILL WHITTAKER

|  STAY AWAY!!! Find someone else!  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2010

I had so many problems with Dr. Kirven and his staff, that they are too many to list! He made a "fair" first impression, but I chalked it off to him being a "surgeon" and not having much of a bedside manner. I should have followed my gut instinct and found another doctor! I'm only 9 months postop and he didn't fix my knee, I need more surgery. He's also rude, always in a hurry and he argues with you. He wrenched my back during my KNEE surgery, and forgot to order home health care. He also wouldn't return my phone calls unless I got angry and called repeatedly.

|  Pretty Good  |  show details
Sep 9th, 2010

He has conducted two spine surgeries on me and is about to perform rotator cuff repair.... I guess I must trust him. He's a great doc...

|  Dr. Kirven did my surgery today!  |  show details
by Kimberly Whitley on Aug 17th, 2010

Dr. Kirven did my knee surgery today. I have had numerous sports injuries to my shoulder and knees over the last 15 years. I have had one of the top physicians in sports medicane perform my shoulder surgey Dr.Townsend of Ashland, Oregon. ( previous team physician for the Lakers and DOdgers.) I have never had a surgery go as smooth as my operation today. I felt ready to go home much sooner than my scope surgeries in the past with other physicians. I also was impressed at how quickly Dr. Kirven figured out my ongoing issue with my knee after years of seeing other doctors and going through numerous sessions of physical therapy. All I needed was a minor procedure to correct the issue.I love Dr.Kirven's sense of humor, medical knowledge and the fact he does not talk down to you.I would happily refer my friends and family to him.

Feb 17th, 2010

1 time-maybe--2nd time--no more

|  A good Doc A good man  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2008

He is the typ of Doc that will put you frist to get you fix up right hes just a good man

Sep 8th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Both times I went to this doctor, I had to wait about 2 hours. People can be crying in pain in the waiting room, and they don't care. I didn't care for his demeanor, either. He seemed to lose interest when he realized I could not have surgery for another

Read Full Review at yahoo.com