Dr. Felix Muniz MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

October 27th, 2016
Good, Bad and Ugly
I saw Dr. Muniz at the Irmo office (Pain Management on St. Andrews Road), where he did two lumbar facet injections to aid with the pain in my lower back. I like his chair-side manner; however, the condition of the work space is horrendous, and the office staff is much less to be desired. I was face-down on a table which had a hole for my face. Looking through that hole at the floor, I nearly gasped at the idea of bacteria!! There was an abundance of hair of different sorts and colors, and dust bunnies and dirt all around the table. This was a "surgical procedure" as I understood it, where my back was prepped to have very long needles inserted (one needle even was bent after the procedure....did he miss or was the disc that degenerated...no comment from him, of course). Anyhow, I'm hoping to never have to go back to that particular office. I can't say that Dr. Muniz did anything wrong, but he, especially, should have insisted that he do the procedure in a professional and clinical setting. The wait to be called for the procedure was almost 2 hours; that same for the initial visit. To have to wait in a doctor's office for that length of time is absurd, inconsiderate, and inconvenient to both the patient and the person who was kind enough to escort the patient there for a ride home!!

August 18th, 2016
Horrible doctor and staff
I was referred to this clown by my family Dr.. I have had several surgeries on back. Have chronic pain. He gave me Advil and a prescription for a medication at the Florence location that my insurance did not cover, over $500 to fill. Called Florence office following day and was informed he was in Columbia office, contacted them, they offered to change it to another med that my insurance wouldn't cover either.. They treated me like I was lying.. finally got insurance in contact with him. Then they offered to provide a medication that insurance would cover if I could drive from Florence to Columbia to get it. Drove all the way there and they had no prescription. Stated they contacted my pharmacy and they agreed to substitute original prescription with something my insurance would cover. I contacted pharmacy and spoke to everyone there and they all stated that not only were they not contacted that they could not make substitution on that prescription.. So once I proved the staff at Dr office that assured me they had a new prescription waiting on me when I made the journey to Columbia.. no precipitation, proved they lied about pharmacy.. And then they tell that trash of a Dr had already left for the day.. I went to the Florence office the next day insisted on speaking with office manager. They were very apologetic and made it more than clear that this type of behavior was common for muniz they assigned me to another Dr on the spot and he has been a Godsend. I recommend staying far away from him and his excuse for a staff.

May 23rd, 2016
Worst day of my life
Worst day of my life. Dr Muniz and his staff treated me very poorly after an allergic reaction to a epidural injection in my back. They did not take me serious until they took my bp, 30 min after I first requested an ambulance, at that point Muniz decided it was a good idea to call an ambulance. My bp was 220/170 at that point. In the ambulance it was 254/197. I've never asked for an ambulance before, never been diagnosed with anxiety but he convinced the ambulance driver that I was having a panic attack. So the ambulance driver threatened me many times that if I did not breathe the way he told me to that we would not leave the parking lot. I was not treated well until I was at LMC. Did I mention that I was paralyzed mid-chest down for 3 hours and that when I tried to call my Dad bc Dr Muniz would not call any ambulance or my mom he snatched my phone out of my hand. Worst day of my life.

March 24th, 2016
Rude doctor
I saw Dr Muniz as a work in and it was my first and last encounter with him. I was a patient of Dr Chopra and he was a very professional, compassionate doctor that treated my condition with success, Occipital Neuralgia. Dr Chopra left the state and I had a flare up of my ON and called the office. The front office staff was very kind and got me worked in with Dr Muniz. Dr Muniz was to give me a nerve block. He walked in the room, shook my hand, and told me to sit on the stool. When I sat on the stool he said is this where you hurt and pressed very hard and vigurously behind my left ear. I almost came off the stool. He said "yep that is it" He put a shot in there before I could tell him where Dr Chopra put the last nerve block that helped me. Dr Muniz rubbed the spot and said he was messaging the medicine. I turned around to speak with him and he was already out the door and was pulling it shut with his other hand. This was "nerve block" aggrivated my ON even more and did not help at all. I tried to give it a few days but then I called the office to ask questions. It took the office staff a week to return my call and then the person apologized for taking so long to call me back. I asked some questions and she could not answer them. She told me she would have someone else call me back. They did not call me. I had to initiate a call again to the office and it took another two days for a return call. I told the person on the phone it took over a week to get a call back and she yelled at me saying the office was very short staffed! Do not go to this office or Dr Muniz if you want to be treated like a human being. I did not ask one time for any medication, I was there strictly for a nerve block. The doctor and the nurses treat people like medication seekers. I work in the medical field and I would NEVER recommend this man to anyone. STAY AWAY!!!!

October 17th, 2015
Anyone Else Notice
Runs excessive lab work right from the start. Causing excessive bills. That type of extensive testing is only done if a possitive result comes back from a simple urine drug cup sample. Theses are used at all the other clinics I have gone to and also for probation and parole due to their accuracy at a fairly low price. Have been going to pain mgmt. for years and have never had a problem. Refuse to pay the difference that my ins. won't cover for the excessive testing. Some for the same type of drug base just under a different heading label. Makes one wonder if Dr. Munoz might have a relationship with the lab company that needs to be looked into. But then again no one cares about the patient any more, it's all about the all mighty dollar and how to make it. Shady or not. Just a thought that the powers to be must not notice. Not an accusation just an observation.

March 7th, 2015
Where are you Dr Muniz?vvv
I was seeing Dr Muniz at southeast pain care for four years. He did a great job with me and I had no complaints. I show up for my two month appt and they inform me that Dr Park would be handling my case. So in walks the new dr and he starts questioning me as if I was trying to get over on them. He even made me lift my shirt to show him my scars from the six stomach surgeries that I have had. He decided to cut my meds in half with little explanation. It's very painful to cut these meds out of your system. It is reccomended that you scale down about 10% per month not the 50% he demanded. Well I couldn't do it. Got a "violation" for not following his instructions and they dropped me from the practice. I'm wks away from my seventh small bowel resection due to a narrowing in my small bowel. I know that aot of people abuse these drugs but I have always followed their directions. Never tried to get them to increase the meds. Never abused them. And now I'm in more pain than ever. I hope he feels this pain someday. Then he just might listen to the patient a little better. Forget the PA Muco at SEPC, she is a nasty import who is just ugly inside and out.

January 9th, 2015
Dr. Muniz is very professional, friendly most of he cares about his work, his patients, and the proper treatment. Dr. Muniz is differently a God sent my lifestyle has improve so much sense I meet and Dr. Muniz has treated me words will express how I respect and care in a professional manner for the best doctor on this side of heaven THANK Your Dr. Felix Muniz

December 29th, 2014
Dr. Muniz did my last pump replacement. I give him a 4 out of 4 rating on beside manner, the time he spends with me and listening to me about my pain. I couldn't and still can't believe he has left SEP.

December 23rd, 2014
both pain specialist and surgeon for spinal cord stimulator and other treatments
One of the best if not the best Dr I have seen in many years. So greatful that our paths have crossed.

December 23rd, 2014
After several back surgeries for fractures, was sent to a pain mgmnt clinic and was lucky and got Dr Felix Muniz = NEVER have I had any relief till he did the nerve root blocks, no one has ever gotten the correct injection spot. Will not go to any other pain management dr!

December 1st, 2014
Great doctor
The best anesthesiology there is.

August 17th, 2013
I think Dr Muniz is a great Dr he spends time with me and is really concerned about my pain. He is very courteous and I would love all of my Dr.'s to be like him!!!