Dr. Felix Spiegel MD Patient Reviews

• Bariatric Medicine Port Neches, TX

3.3

February 21st, 2017
You get what you pay for
Had lap band. After care was non existent. He pushes his diet food. I felt I was too much trouble. I guess my cheap price only paid for the surgery...nothing else.

January 31st, 2017
RE-SLEEVE
I had the sleeve surgery in 2007 by another Doctor. I lost my weight initially but started gaining it back. I consulted with Dr Spiegel and he did an EGD. My egd report showed my stomach had stretched. I had my sleeve revised June 2016 and I have lost 60 lbs. My goal was to lose 80 and it seems like I am stuck at the 60 at this time. I know it will take some work on my part to get my last 20lbs off. I am so grateful to Dr Spiegel and his staff.

November 19th, 2016
I had a lapban procedure in 2005. had some complications. dr. speigel was rude, saying i was not following diet correctly. since then, been diagnosed with damaged esophigus. sorry for misspelling. i am going to Houston Monday to have a revision and take the band out. please, before thinking about the man, check him out.

October 18th, 2016
Great experience
Had surgery in July 2016. Very happy with results, understanding of diet rules very important. I have lost 65 pounds since initial visit and continue to lose. His nurse is very helpful and always ready to answer any questions I may have.

September 22nd, 2016
5 months post op sleeve. Feeling great with no complication. Approval process with well. I will update later.

August 25th, 2016
No complaints
I have been visiting Dr. Spiegel for about 4 months, getting for my surgery. I have received nothing but professional and friendly care. His office staff has been polite, willing to take my calls and answer all my questions. I was hesitant to visit at first because of the negative reviews, thus far, I am glad that I didn't let that stop me, I would recommend Dr. Spiegel

June 27th, 2016
Worst Dr. Do Not Go Here!
I saw Dr. Spiegel due to the fact that I've moved out of state and needed an infill in my band as quickly as possible. I've had my band for six years and have mostly been happy with it. My band was extremely tight that I was vomiting water. I was so happy to find someone to do an unfill. DO NOT SEE DR SPIEGEL!! This guy is the biggest jerk that I've ever seen. He is only interested in the money $$$$$$ and THAT IS IT!! He tried to talk me into taking out my lapband and revising it to another type of surgery. Why would I want to put myself through another surgery?? Dr Spiegel's bedside manner is HORRIBLE at best. I will never return to any of his clinics. Furthermore he does not know what he's doing. He unfilled my band so much that I'm living on lettuce and exercise so as not to gain back all of the weight that I've worked so hard to lose. Do yourself a favor- there are WAY better bariatric Drs. out there. Do your research and see an actual Dr. that cares about his patients and not dollar signs. I will never return to this so- called Dr. ever again!

June 2nd, 2016
I'd do it again
Dr Spiegel might not have the best bed side manner but he knows what he is doing. I am 14 months post DS surgery, have had excellent care. Blood test are all good and have lost 178# to date, 2# under his goal weight. Dr Spiegel has always answer my questions as has his staff. Has it been a hard journey, you bet! But I would do it again tomorrow. Thank you Dr Spiegel and staff for helping me change my life!!

April 13th, 2016
NO WAY!!!!
Dr. Spiegel and his staff are horrible. When I first met with him I wanted to get my lap band revised to the gastric sleeve. Later I decided to change it to the bypass instead of the sleeve. This change was NEVER noted in my records so that the insurance company was notified and so that my caseworker was aware. She blamed ME for not notifying her. The day of my approval from my insurance company my case worker decided to tell me that the assistant surgeon is an "out of network" doctor and that the cost would be extra for that since the deductible was different. My insurance company was willing to make him "in network" at his request for my case and the doctor REFUSED to request it because they are all about the money!!!! They NEVER notified me of this throughout my WHOLE 6 MONTH nutrition program. HE never remembered who I was and neither did my caseworker. Then I went to get my medical records because I decided to switch doctors, and they attempted to withhold my records from me! NO WAY would I EVER recommend this doctor.

February 10th, 2016
I value experience. I had my bypass five years ago and have had NO complications. I've kept the weight off and wished I did it sooner. I know of four people to get the surgery after they saw my results. My daughter just had the sleeve done and is happy with her results.

December 14th, 2015
Just be careful
Band was at a 9.6 cc and it was so tight until I was vomiting in my sleep and was aspirating it back into my lungs. Went into cardiac arrest 3 times and ONLY by the grace of God did I survive. Was in a coma for 19 days

October 29th, 2015
Dr. Spiegel appears to be this kind, compassionate physician when you first meet him, but after surgery he is no where to be found. My daughter had surgery two months ago and is now on her way to a nursing home. Whatever you do, think twice about having him do anyting for you. She went in to have her life enhanced only to have it taken away from her. Do your research, exercise and eat healthy...but for God's sake..do not haveweight loss surgery via the hands sof this doctor

Health Guides