Dermatologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Friendly, Professional Staff, Clean Facility, Great Doctor  |  show details
by Keith S. on Dec 9th, 2013

I needed to see a dermatologist before leaving on a business trip the very next day. The women who answered the phone at 4pm got me an appointment that very same hour!!!!. Upon arrival I did not have a referral. The women at the desk happily called my primary care doctor and acquired the referral I needed. Dr. Urman was friendly, professional and actually listened to my concerns. He spoke in laymens terms. He answered all of my questions. He was not in any rush to get to his next patient. Overall I would rate my experience with this medical practice as EXEMPLARY. Great staff, great facility, great doctor.

|  patient  |  show details
by nelin on Sep 8th, 2013

not a doctor ; a demi-god.

|  Excellent doctor!  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2013

Dr. Urman is absolutely amazing! I have had skin problems for roughly 10 years. I visited a lot of doctors, diligently followed their instructions but unfortunately, I did not notice much improvement until I came to Dr. Urman. His knowledge and honest desire to help was evident from the very first visit. His treatment did magic for me. I am actually happy when I look in the mirror now. Thank you Dr. Urman! You are the best!!!

|  Excellent Dermatologist  |  show details
by Shelley Ye on Jul 3rd, 2013

My 12-year-old daughter had a very bad episode of eczema flare-up. The dermatologist we visited initially prescribed antibiotic ointment and bleach bath. After one week of treatment, her eczema was getting worse. All the spots on the back of her thighs were open and oozing, she couldn't even sit. Then we visited Dr. Urman. He told us to stop the previous treatment right away and prescribed an oral medication along with an ointment. After 1 week, my daughters open wounds healed completely. And we were able to go on a camping trip without worrying about further infection due to the open wounds. I'm so glad we found Dr. Urman.

|  Fantastic!  |  show details
by Emily on Jun 24th, 2013

Dr. Urman was kind, professional, and efficient. It took me longer to fill out the forms than it did for Dr. Urman to diagnose and treat me! I highly recommend him to anyone seeking a dermatologist!

|  Really great with my child  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2013

My daugther has this itchy red area on her arm. Not only were we seen promptly, we were treated courteously, and he resolved the issue. I would highly recommend.

|  My story  |  show details
by K.M. on Mar 25th, 2013

On February 11, 2013, I contracted what I now know to be a skin staph infection. During the first month the infection started attacking various parts of my body. I went to 5 doctors (2-medical and 3-dermatologists) received conflicting diagnosis’s and was placed on steroids. However, after suffering for over a month, with my condition only worsening, my Internist referred me to both an Infectious Disease Doctor as well as Dr. Urman to which I was given a very quick appointment. On my appointment day I waited less than 5 minutes to see Dr Urman. Everyone in the office was wonderful. My Infectious Disease Doctor appointment was on a Friday and I saw Dr. Urman the following Monday. After an examination Dr. Urman immediately gave me a diagnosis, changed my medication and inquired whether the Infectious Disease Doctor performed certain blood tests (which had been done). Dr. Urman explained why the steroids were not working and proliferated the staph infection. Literally, within a day and a half my skin started to clear and after one week this serious problem is almost cleared. I was impressed that Dr. Urman asked about the blood tests because when I inquired whether a diagnosis for my issue could be obtained with through a blood test, the 3 Dermatologists did not feel it was necessary. One actually said, “What would I test for? There are 1,000’s of blood tests.” I have to note that when the lab work came back, it showed Dr. Urman was spot on with his diagnosis. I still have to finish my antibiotic prescription, but I am on my way to a full recovery. If Dr. Urman was my Doctor when this first occurred I would not have went through an month and a half of misery. In the future I will only see Dr. Urman for my Dermatology needs. He is brilliant! I can’t say enough good things or thank him enough for curing this horrible infection for me. I thought it was necessary to tell my story so that it may help someone in the future who is deciding if they should see Dr. Urman. I hope this helps you.....

|  Very Happy  |  show details
by Ravi P on Jan 30th, 2013

We brought our daughter to Dr Urman for a rash another doctor said was fungus but did not get any better with cream. Dr Urman said right away it was eczema and gave a different cream and in 4 days the rash was gone. we are very pleased

|  Nancy R  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2012

I've been a patient of Dr. Urman for 2 years and I have nothing but the best things to say about him. He is always prompt and courteous, I have never had to wait more than 15 minutes to be seen. He has weeknight and Sunday hours which is great for working patients. I have a severe chronic condition and Dr. Urman has always made surethat I can be seen within 24 hours if I have a flare up. I have never had an issue with his staff, and to the person who wrote the negative review may I suggest you call and speak to Dr. Urman directly. He always returns calls on the same day and I am sure he will address all your issues and help you.

|  Recomnend  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2012

Dr. Urman was the only doctor that help me with my psoriasis after 5 yearsThanks you

|  dt  |  show details
by dt on Dec 2nd, 2010

no problem getting appointment. knowledgeable, nice doctor.

|  show details
by jr on Sep 24th, 2009

Now works in brooklyn. excellent doctor, my rash resolved in 3 days. Happy to recommend to others.