A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Felix Wimpfheimer, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
He has special expertise in 5 Areas, including Diabetes, Diabetes MellitusMetabolism General Endocrinology & Metabolism Thyroid Dysfunction, and Endocrinology.2 more special expertise areas
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Wimpfheimer graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla.More Education & Awards
Dr. Wimpfheimer has 13 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia University Medical
- New York Presbyterian Weill Cornell
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Wimpfheimer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 6 plans
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 36 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Evercare - 8 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Felix Wimpfheimer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Felix M. Wimpfheimer practice?
Dr. Felix Wimpfheimer practices Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism, and Endocrinology and Metabolism near Bronx, NY.
Additional practice locations include: New York, NY.
See Bronx Internists and Bronx Endocrinologists.