Dr. Ferdinand Yates Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Adolescent Medicine Kennesaw, GA

3.3

June 22nd, 2016
Great MD
I just met Dr. Yates at Woodstock Pediatric Medicine. I don't think he has been there too long. He was great. My son loved him and he spent a good bit of time with us. Very soft spoken and took his time.

March 24th, 2015
Pleasant ad helpful

July 20th, 2010
My Near Death Experience
i am 18 now but when i was just a baby i almost died because of this doctors misdiagnosis. from the time i was a few months old till i was about two i was extremely sick and it looked like some scorched my private area with an iron and they wrote it off as a diaper rash. well it certainly was anything but a diaper rash and all the ointments and savs that they gave my mother did nothing and i kept getting sicker and sicker and every time that my mom took me back to doctor yates he looked at my mom said nothing was wrong with me and said she was a paranoid mother. my mom was anything but a paranoid mother. she was a stay at home mom who worked around the clock caring for me and my unknown sickness. more weeks went by and i was now running 105 temp and i was limp and my mom took me to her mother in law my grandma and said if someone doesn't listen to me she gonna die!!! so my mom made another trip back doctor yates and she looked at him and said take her urine now!!! so doctor yates cathed me and my urine was all blood and puss and he wrote it off as a bladder infection. he wrote a prescription for medication for the bladder infection that i supposedly had and of corse it did nothing so me and my mom were back after christmas like he said to and again i was even sicker. this time doctor yates said that he didn't know now what to do and that i need to go to women's and children's hospital of buffalo ny for tests so thats exactly what my mom did was take me there. when we went there after the first test that they did the nurse looked at my mom and said something was not right and that she had to get a doctor. so the on call doctor came in and determined that they could not find one of my kidney's. after a few more test's they found out that one of my kidney's had atrophied and that was why they couldn't find it in the test and that they would have to give me surgery to remove the kidney. so by now i was two years old and having a major surgery that could have been avoided if doctor yates would have listened to my mom and her mother's instincts and everyone said to my mom that its a miracle that i wasn't already dead. after the surgery they then told my mom that my second kidney was the size of two and my other one enlarged in size to compensate for the loss of the other one. they said that i would be fine and it was only a miracle that i made it through this long and did not die because of this doctors choice to not listen to my mother. as the years went on and i got older i heard of other situations that children were extremely sick and some even died because of this doctor. i strongly reccomed to all moms out there not to take you kid to this or any of the doctors in this group. the group of pediatricians that i go to is lancaster depew pediatrics in bowmansville ny. they are wonderful there and i have been going there ever since i had this happen to me and they are the definition of good doctors they listen to you and do everything that they can to make sure your child has the best care. moms please take what happened to me and use it as a lesson so the same thing doesn't happen to you kids i don't wanna hear that another child got hurt because of this awful doctor.