Dr. Fernando Lopez MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

May 2nd, 2016
Horrible Physician
Just awful. Didn't listen to my concerns. Severe pain after IUD insertion. I was told it was "all in my head". He didn't return phone calls to my Primary for consult! Ending up in the hospital my IUD had shifted!

October 20th, 2015
Love the Doctor's there but the staff... Not so much!
I do not wanna bash a whole practice for one bad apple but this bad apple runs the front desk at the Lake Underhill office. I have been a patient of Dr Lopez for over 12 years and I absolutely love him. Once they hired a certain lady (Andrianna) everything changed. She is constantly rude to patients especially the pregnant ones. At first I thought it was racial (I am not Hispanic and 99% of the staff is) but I saw her yelling at hispanic patients so I guess she dishes it out evenly. I avoid going to see Dr Lopez now because my concerns seem to have fallen on deaf ears. I hope that Dr Lopez clean his front office up ASAP and go back to the well functioning office that it was before that lady started there.

March 11th, 2015
Customer Service Agent
I started seeing him 10 years ago since I was 18 for gyn and he also delivered both my children. He is the best! He also delivered my little sister and a few of my friends children.

January 28th, 2015
Dr Lopez is a great doctor who could deliver babies in his sleep.

September 14th, 2014
Don't plan to return
Keep in mind, I have only one visit with this doctor but I will never return. I normally NEVER wrote reviews but I just want to save everyone else the trouble and advise that you do not go to this doctor's office. Trying to keep this as short as possible... I waited about 1hr and 15mins before I went into the room. I had already made up in mind that I would not return unless the doctor made it worth my while. I ended up waiting another 30 minutes before the nurse practitioner, Borelli, entered to see me. No explanation where the doctor was, she just went right ahead and starting seeing me. That was a big problem for me because how do the office switch my doctor without telling me? What if he was the only one I would see? Why not call to reschedule me or see if it was ok? When I asked, I was told he went on vacation. I didn't like that. I was just primarily as a follow up to a hospital visit for a fibroid but since I was there, I wanted a Pap smear too. I was told that I couldn't get a Pap smear and a consultation on the same day without being charged for the other - I would have to make a separate appt. I have NEVER heard of that. She insisted I could only do one so I made the decision to focus on the fibroid. She left to change my paperwork but since I realized that I didn't want to come back at that point, I called her back in and told her to do a Pap smear. She sarcastically told me that she was half way through with changing my paperwork. Anyways. They did the Pap smear and that was it. I don't plan to return. I don't know how DR. Lopez is but that was enough experience for me with that office. They only warmth I felt was when the assistant, Gladys, who was VERY nice. I thought she was the doctor. If she was the doctor, I would've gladly stayed with this office. The front desk ladies were OK with the exception of the one who checked me out. I believe she made a smart comment as I walked out and I caught another one of the ladies look over at her and smirked as I walked out. I normally check reviews before I select doctors especially since I'm new to the area but I didn't with this one. Save yourself the unhappiness and find an office that has superb reviews. You won't regret it.

May 13th, 2013
Mediocrity
This man Named Fernando Lopez, who called himself Doctor, is nothing but a fraud. Mediocrity personificated. According to his 2 minutes diagnosis, I was totally fine. From his office I went straight to a real Gyn and right now I am about to get a Cervical Surgery & an Uterine Prolapse Surgery.

March 21st, 2011
Terrible follow-up
When it comes to patient well-being, Dr. Fernandez (and especially his staff, which I'm sure are instructed to do) is too focused on his own comfort and convenience instead of the patient's. After several visits, I was diagnosed with a dangerous (possible cancerous) condition which he indicated should be treated ASAP. When I contacted his staff to schedule the operation, his staff began giving me the "run-a-round" and would not schedule the operation telling me the Doctor was too busy attending his partner's patients who had decided to leave this practice and go on his own. This does not make sense because I'm sure the other Doctor took his patients with him. When I explained to his staff that the Dr. said I would need surgery ASAP and asked to speak to Dr. Fernandez, his staff would indicate that the Dr. was busy and could not answer the phone. What would you do in a situation like this? That's right - LOOK FOR ANOTHER DOCTOR. One more thing - Dr. Fernandez gets noticeably irritated when my spouse would ask him questions about my condition; It was like if he were saying "I'm the doctor and I'm the one who knows what best; I don't care about your concerns about consequences of the surgery or other possible options you would like to discuss". - He doesn't seem to care what the patient thinks or his concerns.

December 3rd, 2010
Greed
this office only cares about money and that's it!!!!!!!!!!!

August 17th, 2010
Treated as a number
I feel as if I'm treated like cattle or a number. I have gone months without knowing what test result are. Long waiting. Dr lopez has the personality of a rock. no bedside manner. I'm so glad I had my daughter many years ago with a great Dr . If had had to deal with him during a pregnancy.. I would REALLY be upset! As a matter of fact My niece had him for her pregnancy and switched Dr's half way through her pregnancy. So after years of dealing with this I'm switching Dr's as well. Good riddance!!!

August 11th, 2010
DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!!
THIS DOCTOR AND HIS PRACTICE IS A JOKE. THEY DO NOT CARE FOR THEIR PATIENTS. THE VISIT LASTS 2 SECONDS BECAUSE THEY WANT TO GET OUT SO FAST. ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS THE MONEY THEY'RE GOING TO RECIEVE. MY FRIEND AND I HAVE BEEN GOING TO THIS DOCTOR AND WILL NEVER STEP FOOT IN THEIR AGAIN. THEY SCHEDULE TOO MANY PEOPLE IN ONE DAY, SO THE WAIT TIME IS 30 MINUTES OR MORE. WHEN I DELIVERED MY SECOND BABY, IT TOOK HIM 20 MINUTES TO GET TO THE HOSPITAL. MY BABIES HEAD WAS CROWNING! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!

March 5th, 2010
Doctor Tandem
I go threre but my docter is mr tandom he is very good he treats you like a person more then a number.

December 24th, 2009
This office is a "churn and burn" operation. I was treated like a number on a piece of paper, not a patient. Two weeks prior to delivering a baby, my doctor still didn't know my first name and had forgotten everything we had talked about over the previous weeks. He genuinely would not have recognized me on the street. He knows what he is doing, but is certainly not personal or caring service in the slightest. He knows how to get as many patients in and out of the office as possible so as to maximize profits, and trust me, you will feel like just another dollar sign to him.