inactive

Fernando L Arroyo MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 4 reviews

March 12th, 2015
He and the other doctors make it feel Like the old time doctors they care about you not the clock! However common sense will tell you you can't have your cake and eat it too so you will wait but when it is your turn they spend that time with you with a caring compassionate bedside manor. As does the staff. We have a wild child and they do not make us feel that we need to apologize for him running through or around their office making trains out of their waiting room chairs. They try to make your before during and after appointment as easy as possible. They answer their phones and return calls promptly! I just have problems waiting.

October 3rd, 2013
stay away
Rude and abrasive staff. I feel it effects the doctor's decisions. More than an hour wait each time. Treated my daughter for a symptom she did not have and prescribe medication the phamcist was concerned about. Found another doctor.

September 12th, 2012
HORRIBLE!!
My son has gone here twice in the past year, since my insurance got switched to Medicaid and this was the closest DR to my house. The office staff is rude, and the wait is forever! My son has misdiagnosis TWICE! We ended up taking him to the ER both times, and the ER DR had to fix the DR mistakes! The staff has major attitudes about calling in re-fills are even getting an apt. Not to mention there are ants all over the waiting room!!

June 13th, 2012
Good doctor, bad front office
I have been dealing with pediatricians and sick kids for 30 years as I have 6 kids ranging in age from 10 to 30. We were sent to Dr. Arroyo's office because they accepted the Florida Kidcare insurance we were on. He seemed like a very good doctor, but his front office is a nightmare. I only had to deal with them for about 4 appointments, but each time the service was terrible. Long wait times, not answering the phone until after they were supposed to be open in the morning, not getting records after I had signed the release, and also cold and impolite. Dr. Arroyo, do yourself a favor and get a new staff!

May 11th, 2012
My child loves this doctor
There are times we are just going by the office and she wants to stop in and say hi.He's very personable with my child, always takes his time when you get into seeing him.Even though the wait time is always a bit excessive, I know that when our time comes, he will not be rushed.His staff is always friendly and loving to his patients also.He listens to your concerns and offers alternative treatments.

February 24th, 2012
I took my 2 kids to this doctor for years, and I can't recall ever having a good experience. The waiting rooms were often overcrowded, with a usual wait of at least 45 minutes or longer. Then once we were taken back we could be sitting in the exam room for another 15 to 20 minutes. There was also a lack of compassion and care, not a very warm and welcoming place. It felt like we were always being rushed to leaved. Overall, not somewhere I will ever go again or would recommend.

May 14th, 2011
If we didn't respect him as a doctor, we would never have continued to go back to him. After 17 years, they never seemed to master the art of wait time. I understand that there will be periodic emergencies, but the average wait time has always been over an hour! Our time is valuable too! I don't get it!

May 6th, 2011
Nice, caring doctor, but horrible office management
We like Dr. Arroyo. He's kind, conservative, and seems to know what he's doing. However, after several appointments we won't be continuing. His office staff can be indifferent and in one case, rude. The wait times are absolutely unacceptable. I realize things come up, but on every occasion we are made to wait anywhere from 45 minutes to, in one instance, almost two hours. For a well visit. It's just not worth it. There are other good doctors out there and I wish Dr. Arroyo all the success in the world, but many a day have been wasted trying to get our children basic care.Also, I blame this on the office staff as well: the lobby is generally pretty dirty. My two year-old reached down next to our chairs and started to eat a piece of cheese stick that had obviously been there for days. Trash on the floor. I don't care that the office looks tacky and minimalistic, but at least clean it. He needs better help, period.

November 11th, 2010
Would recommend Dr. Arroyo to anyone!
My son has been seeing Dr. Arroyo since my son was a year and a half (he is now 6). Our last pediatrician was the worst, but Dr. Arroyo is a godsend. He takes the time to thoroughly explain any conditions that my son may have and no question is ever a stupid one. He is very knowledgable and his patience is unlimited - my son is a chatterbox and though Dr. Arroyo is very busy he always takes the time to listen to what my son has to say... even when it is totally irrelevent to the situation. lol. The only "bad" thing I have to say about Dr. Arroyo's office is that wait times can be quite lengthy, but given the care and time he spends with each patient, I can live w/ a bit longer wait if I know it means my son (and all other patients)will be receiving the best possible care. I have a 3 week old daughter who is now a patient of Dr. Arroyo's as well.

June 21st, 2010
Greatest Doctor
We have been seeing him since 1989 for our three children. He is up to date on illnesses and does return phone calls promptly. Our children are not happy having to choose a new doctor now that they are becomming adults. Dr. Arroyo has kept our children healthy from babies to adults.

May 28th, 2010
Truly give a name to practicing bad medicine
We stopped going to these Drs. because they have no idea how to treat children. They are still practicing medicine because they can not get it write. Told my child it was viral, then allergies, well now she has ben up all night with a 103 fever. Thus after 2 co-pays they have made her suffer and more sick than she was before. They do not, and again let me state, do not call you back after hours. How horrible is that? I am advising anyone who is looking for a dr look elsewhere.

July 21st, 2008
The Best a Parent Could Ask For!
We have known Dr. Arroyo for 20 years and have never had anything but the best to sat about him! He is not only a fantastic doctor, but an amazing human being. Unfortunately, we moved to another state; needless to say, we never found anyone that could compare!