Dr. Fernando Betancourt Is this you?

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Fernando Betancourt?

June 30th, 2017

Clinic was horrible!

The staff wasn't that bad they were very friendly but the doctor himself was rude. I met with him and he introduced himself but didn't really care much at all. I asked what will happen during the procedure and he was like well it will just feel like bad cramps for 2-3 minutes and if I moved he would cut through the uterus. When I was laying down, he just jammed the needle in my arm and 1 second later I was out. my cousin was waiting to call an uber for me and they just kicked me while I was still a little sedated.

July 15th, 2016

After asking 3 staf member to be seen by dr Betancourt he totaly refused so answer my one question. I only ask for 1 min of his time and he refused.

April 15th, 2016

Awesome Doctor

Polite and Caring

February 19th, 2015

He performed an ultrasound without saying a word to me

December 18th, 2014

Bedside manner is a great deterrent.

One of my friends recently went here to get an abortion and I brought her even though I don't agree with the decision and his bedside manner was so bad that she left almost right away and didn't get the procedure done. Now she has a wonderful son who she is absolutely in love with. If this doctor had a shred of nice bedside manner her son would not be here! She's happy too!

October 13th, 2014

Horrible dr

Coming into the office first thing I noticed was how old it was and extremely small. I was wondering to myself how anything I said to the nurses ( if they were even nurses ) would be confidential. None of the employees were wearing name tags. The worse part of it all was meeting the "so called" dr Fernando betancourt. I walk into the ultrasound room , does not introduce himself. All he told me to do was "sit!" And then he said it again " sit lower" ! At that point I was very nervous to where I brought myself. I began having horrible thoughts like is this a legit clinic ? So I finally get into the exam room for procedure. He continues with the tools and widening process. I felt like he uses nothing but tools because I didn't hear the auction more than a second. After that I'm rushed to the recovery room. ( there is only 2 chairs in there ) after about 5 mins I'm pushed out the side door. What an experience from Down under! i should have done my research!!!! I'm so mad at myself. That dr was horrible, it seemed like he was disgusted with me. Please please please do not go to this office! I'm so worried because I have to go back in 3 weeks for a check up :(

July 30th, 2013

Had no issues with the Doctor or staff at the Sarasota office. His behavior just felt to the point for me. It kept things from being drawn out and made it feel more private for him to be to the point. Afterall, he is not your regular obgyn. The emphasis on not moving by the doctor is simply for safety. If a puncture occurs you will need emergency surgery. It's commendable that people are willing to provide this service and give women their legal right to choose, while putting themselves at risk for judgement by those that want that right taken away. I thank them.

July 29th, 2013

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE - DO NOT GO HERE

I nearly died from blood loss after going to Dr. Betancourt and this clinic. He made a joke "Well you just lost some weight" as blood was literally pouring out of me. Then he immediately left the room. The staff had to revive me as I was passing out. Then they told me to go home and sleep it off. I knew better so I told my friend to drive me staight to the E.R. My BP had dropped to 60 (117 is normal). My body was going into shock. I would have died if I had even tried to go straight home. DO NOT GO TO THIS CLINIC.

July 18th, 2013

I don't know this doctor, I was just looking for an OB Gyn for a PAP Test, but after reading your coments I only can said that you will never find a good person doing abortions. If a doctor is doing abortion for money, he/she cannot be a good person, even if he/she is nice or kind. There's always other options, please google the Crisis pregnancy Centers near to your town and learn more about what abortion really is on www.abortionno.org

November 8th, 2012

Ughhh!

September 8th, 2011

Doctor sin modales ni educacin

Hace unos das tuve la terrible decisin de un aborto, y acud a esta clnica, la enfermera q me atendi por telfono al hacer mi appoinment fue muy amable y me sent confiada al elegir este lugar. Cuando llegue me atendi otra nurse, pero esta fue rude y poco amable, pens que tal vez tena un da malo, espere me turno, y al entrar a hacerme el ultrasonido, el doctor Betancourt entro sin presentarse, muy fro, muy grosero, sin decir una sola palabra, creo uno como persona tiene derecho a ser tratado como tal, y a veces uno tiene que tomar decisiones muy fuertes, pero no quiere decir que seamos malas personas, esto ha sido muy duro para mi, y con ese trato me hicieron sentir peor que un asesino, en todo momento el doctor no tuvo un gesto de amabilidad y creo que uno como paciente y el con la profesin que tiene, no es para que trate a la gente as. Ojal y haya alguien que regularice el trato doctor-paciente en clnicas y se mejore este sistema, yo no quiero ni volver al follow up, para chequearme...mujeres no acudas a esta clnica.

July 23rd, 2011

this "doctor" is a joke.

I feel extreme pity for anyone who happens to have Dr Betancourt as their MD. I wish I would have read these accurate reviews before going through with this procedure. I just had to google his name after my appointment to make sure he is even a legit doctor. Extremely rude. Extremely ignorant. Callous. Arrogant. He came into the room, didn't introduce himself, & had an expression of pure disgust on his face. I don't even think he looked at my face one time while speaking. I was obviously very nervous & my only question before the abortion was "is it common for patients to leave here still pregnant?" and his response was "Yep. If you move at all. And since you chose the IV sedation you'll probably move without knowing it, so if you hear me yelling at you, then you better stop moving". Luckily the nurse was in the room for the procedure, and she was very kind. I have no idea how any of the clinic staff can stand to be around that man. I seriously hope he reads these reviews on him and realizes what an awful "doctor" he is. If I had to guess, I'd say he is anti-abortion & chose this practice to torture any woman who defends her right of choice. Utterly shocked and disgusted that this man has a license to practice.