Dr. Fernando Ibarra MD Patient Reviews

February 22nd, 2017
No bedside manner

February 16th, 2017
Very Rude
Does not let you speak due to continuous interruption, he questions whether you are in pain or not; judges you if he thinks you shouldn't be in pain and you are, raises his voice to his clients, the environment seems VERY hostile, and doesn't spend a fair amount of time on his clients. He doesn't like working with multiple people at once, and worst of all he doesn't treat you in a warm way; on the contrary, he raises his voice at you and can't communicate in a professional manner. Highly recommend trying to avoid this Doctor, he is so unprofessional and doesn't treat you well. However the nurses were courteous, it was the doctor whom I am highly dissatisfied with.

July 6th, 2016
DONT GO
DONT GO to Dr. Ibarra. He is very rude and his office makes a lot of mistakes and tries to make it seem like it's your fault. My grandfather who is 90 years old had an appointment with Dr. Ibarra which I called twice before the appointment to make sure it was really with him and not the doctor he has working for him. So we go to the appointment after waiting two hours we find out its with a nurse practitioner. That tell us if we want to see Dr. Ibarra to go to his other office & we would be seen Right away. We get to his other office to find a full waiting room. The front desk were very rude. They wouldn't give me his license number that was on the wall they just kept saying they don't know it. So I had to take a picture of it and zoom in. The doctor couldn't even come out to talk to me he told his assistant if they don't want to wait than he can just reschedule. It's not that we didn't want to wait we had already waited two hours at his other office because his office made a mistake not us.

November 30th, 2015
Run around
The receptionist at the Monterey Park office was rude, had me sit in the office for two hours, finally called me to the counter only tip tell me, I was to go to the Montebello office. I had a CT scan three weeks ago with no follow up appointment. My colonoscopy is on the third of December. Lost my instructions. Called too get a copy, a person said she would mail it. Checked my email, sand of course no email. Called the doctor's office againna different person answered and informed me they don't email patients. Now I'm left to navigate this website.

February 20th, 2014
WORST.DOCTOR.EVER.
If you are referred to this doctor, immediately ask your primary care physician to send you to someone else. Dr. Ibarra couldn't care less about his patients, their condition or care. Advice about going to this doctor....RUN away to another doctor as fast as you can!!! Creepy vibe all the way around...doctor, staff and office.

March 28th, 2013
digusted with the lack of consideration from this doctor for his elderly patients.
this doctor seems to schedule ALL of his appointments at the same time so it pretty much takes ALL day/ more that 3hrs to actually be seen and medical procedures conducted. His patients seem to be elderly wich causes a probelm due to them having tobe on empty stomatch/s ALL DAY! very dissappointed with the lack of consideration that Dr Ibarra has for his elderly patients, it's quite sad and disturbing to me. i am current working on finding my mother another doctor.

March 27th, 2013
i dont like doctor Iborras service hi was very rush didn't give me time to explain my problems didn't listen to me he was surprised about my problems i don't believe his denial about my problems which i believe i have so i want to go search the same problem which is torturing me

May 9th, 2012
Worst experience ever
I arrived for my scheduled appt and had to wait 1 1/2 hours. I was told this was the standard and if I wanted to cancel my appt. The front desk staff were rude and uninterested. The room was packed with patients, I was told this is because Mexicans like to bring their neighbors and family, like I could relate. As a mexican, I felt upset because it felt like these people were being exploited for their time and money. Although I saw the doctor for a mere couple of minutes and still scheduled a colonoscopy.One day before my scheduled procedure right before I was take start cleansing, I received a letter stating my procedure was rescheduled, no phone call and the time was changed which was not indicated on the letter. My rescheduled procedure was at 7am, I did not get called for prep until 9:30am only to be taken for vitals and insurance info then sent back to wait until 11:30pm. I was then I was given a gown and shown a bed. My procedure was about 45 minutes,the surgery staff was helpful and nice putting me at ease as well as the anesthesiologist. When they were done, I was taken to the waiting room around 1pm. The problem is the front office (which are very rude and not helpful) do not speak to the surgery staff. My ride was never called, I had to call my ride when I returned to the waiting room. Dr. Ibarra does not care either as he only saw me only 5 minutes at the first appt, seeming like I was wasting his time and was on the phone when I was wheeled in for the procedure.I feel like this office preys on immigrants and does not value their time. When I asked for my results I was told I had to schedule another appointment which meant another $25. Other friends that had the same procedure received same day results and pictures, spent only 2 hours most for the whole procedure and seemed content with their doctor although we had the same insurance company my experience was totally different. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone, his office is horribly managed, staff were arguing with each other, the waiting room was extremely crowded and his time management was non-existent.

October 24th, 2011
Never again.
The waiting room was hot, stuffy -- no air conditioning --and noisy due to a big screen TV blasting health tips. There weren't enough seats for all the waiting patients, so when it became too crowded, the receptionist asked me to wait in the hallway, where there were no chairs. I sat against a wall for 30 minutes before a nice security guard brought me a folding chair. After waiting for two hours and twenty minutes, I just left.

May 23rd, 2017