A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Fernando Otero:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Fernando Otero is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Otero
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Otero Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Fernando Otero, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Otero graduated from University of California at San Diego, La Jolla.
Dr. Otero has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates Campus
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center- Summit Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Fernando R Otero MD is a male Surgeon, has 29 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Fernando R. Otero practice?
- Dr. Fernando Otero has 1 office location.
Dr. Fernando Otero practices Surgery near Walnut Creek, CA.
See Walnut Creek Surgeons.