A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Fernando Pena:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Fernando Pena is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Pena
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Pena Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Fernando Pena, MD is board certified in Anesthesiology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Pena graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Pena has 5 hospital affiliations:
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital
- Christus Santa Rosa Healthcare
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Fernando Jose Pena MD is a male Anesthesiologist, has 26 years of experience and practices in Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Fernando J. Pena practice?
- Dr. Fernando Pena has 1 office location.
Dr. Fernando Pena practices Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery near San Antonio, TX.
See San Antonio Anesthesiologists and San Antonio Orthopedic Surgeons.