Dr. Fernando Salvato MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

July 4th, 2016
A God's sent
When a spouse goes to a mental hospital and Baker acted, the spouse and family normally have no rights under HIPA. During hospital stay I had to go every day and demand to see doctor. I refused to let my husband be released into my care without a consultation with Doctor. You have to be strong and call the hospital every day and demand for the counselor for an spot with the psychiatrist. My husband saw Dr Salvato while hospitalized at Kendall one year and Mercy the next. I found Dr. Salvato to be a life saver. I was in the dark about my husband's diagnosis and needed answers. You will never be happy with the hospital care unless you show up every day and demand to be seen. The US laws protect the patient and not the family member burdened. My husband has been seeing Dr Salvato since he left hospital in 2014 and has not been in crisis since. My husband likes Dr Salvato because he is a strong male and speaks Spanish. I like him because he convinced my husband that I should be involved. He sees my husband 1x a month and 1/2 the time he is with my husband and 1/2 the time we are together. I find him loyal to the patient but helpful to the spouse if he feels the spouse is a true advocate for patient. No matter who your spouse sees, you must be PRO active and demand high expectations. The care giver is heavily burdened, but I truly feel that Dr. Salvato saved my husband's life and our marriage.

January 25th, 2016
He is a great doctor

September 7th, 2014
The worst Dr. I've ever met
First of all if he is called a Dr. I don't know where he got his degree. This is the worst Dr. I've ever met. Not professional at all. He is super rude, I really do not recomend this Dr. at all. I hope you never have to be a patient of his.

March 7th, 2013
Dr. Salvato, skipped the Hippocratic Oath!
Dr. Salvato lacks the professional courtesy that we are entitled to when we or our family members deal with Medical Doctors. My 85 year old grandmother was admitted to the behavioral health department of Mercy hospital without the knowledge or consent of her family...this is after she originally went in for a heart condition. Dr. Salvato has not returned any of the phone calls that we have left for him. The truth of the matter is that any medical facility that holds patient and family satisfaction in high regard should not have Dr. Salvato representing them. I am hoping that anyone that reads this review will stay away from his practice. However after reading another review it seems that Dr. Salvato obtains his patients from hospitals. I pray that your family members do not cross his path. It seems to me that he is the modern day psychiatric "ambulance chaser" in Miami.

May 3rd, 2012
Worst medical professional ever.
This is possibly the worst medical professional I have ever dealt with. I'm not even sure how he received a medical degree. My father was under his care at Palmetto Hospital for over a week. I will not go into detail as to the care he received while under Dr. Salvato, just to say, if your relative happens to ever get him as their psych Dr. while at this hospital request another one. He is unprofessional and simply put incompetent. My father almost lost his life while under this man's care. I would steer very clear of him.