A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Fernando Torres:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Heart Failure
- Heart-Lung Transplantation
- Lung Diseases
- Lung Transplantation
- Pulmonary Hypertension
Education & Awards
Dr. Torres graduated from Cornell University, New York. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Torres has 3 hospital affiliations:
- UT Southwestern University Hospital - Zale Lipshy
- Children's Medical Center of Dallas
- UT Southwestern University Hospital - St. Paul
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Torres accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 3 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 3 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 7 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Fernando Torres practice?
Dr. Fernando Torres practices Critical Care Medicine near Dallas, TX.
See Dallas Critical Care Practitioners.