Dr. Finn Amble MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

March 30th, 2016
Dr amble did a surgery on me 6 yrs ago. That office was decent back then. He did a wonderful job. Lately however, I have been having a seperate issue with my sinus's so I chose to go back. I've only seen him for two appointments for this issue and each appt he's spent maybe 5 minutes in my room total. The 1st appt I waited maybe 20 min before he came in the room, this 2nd appt I waited nearly 40. It doesn't seem like he's interested in diagnosing. He talks really fast, and doesnt seem interested in listening to patients. I'm not sure though if it's hes under a lot of stress or if his office was short staffed so he was running behind bit that is what I've gotten from my 2 appts so far.

February 1st, 2016
They are never on time. You always have to wait at least 10-20 minutes. It's very annoying.

December 24th, 2014
WORST BEDSIDE MANNERS EVER
I hate to complain but THIS DOCTOR HAD THE WORST BEDSIDE MANNERS EVER! My husband was seen by him about a year ago around Christmas time, and we had the worst experience ever with him among all the Doctors we've ever seen. 1) He never introduced himself. He simply proceeded to just ask questions. 2) In fact, his first very curt and angry question was "Why are you late?" This has set the tone for the rest of the visit. In retrospect, I should have just asked my husband to stand up with me and leave. However, I was so desperate to have him treated and attain comfort that we decided to endure the ABUSE. My husband, who was 71 years old in that visit in a struggling hoarse voice, courteously explained that it was his office that called the day prior and gave the wrong time. He never apologized about this by the way and remained angry for the rest of the visit asking the question two more times before getting to the medical issue. He was forcing my husband to be on the defensive. 3) He hurriedly did his exams on my husband and eventually GAVE THE WRONG DIAGNOSIS! He referred us to a speech therapist which we later learned was totally unnecessary after 4 sessions which did not afford any relief. Right after the visit, we witnessed him eventually joining a group in the lobby where a dinner was being held by the medical representatives of a drug company for Medical professionals which Dr. Amble was late for. I was totally disheartened by what I saw that this Doctor had his priorities wrong. And this is what we traveled over 40 miles each way for? The only positive thing that we got from him after two visits and 4 sessions with a speech therapist was that he finally referred us to the right ENT Doctor from another hospital system since he could not help my husband or afford him any relief of his symptoms. I pray to God that he has improved since then so that he can truly be an instrument of healing.

April 24th, 2014
Excellent care during entire surgical process
Underwent sinus and throat surgery for sleep apnea. I feel the entire staff did an excellent job in helping me understand and prepare for this surgery. Ashley, scheduler did a great job working with my insurance. Dr Amble spent slot of time explaining procedure to me. The nurses were very caring and responded to my call immediately. Nurse Practicioner, Jeanette was so kind and caring at my post op appt. It's been about 4 months and my wife says she can't hear me snore anymore. I feel like I can breathe so much better through my nose and am no longer has sinus problems! EXCELLENT OVERALL EXPERIENCE!!!

March 24th, 2014
Wouldn't Recommend
Dr. Amble does not listen to his patients and has a terrible bed side manner. I would not recommend him to anyone.

August 20th, 2013
Fantastic Doctor!
Dr. Amble was very kind and courteous. He took time to make sure all of our questions were answered even though he is a very busy man. He was very gentle and always had a smile on his face. The procedure took only 10 minutes and he was sure to keep us up to date. I would recommend him to anyone!

July 26th, 2013
I wish I had read the reviews before going to this office. I never saw the MD- only the nurse. I was referred by another md to check into issues- I explained I was fine and the few symptoms I had two months ago. The nurse went back and forth with herself trying to figure out if she wanted to do a scope or not and decided she would. She could not get the camera to work- had to call someone in to assist- it was VERY painful- She was able to get the scope through on one side of my nose- (which had no issues) but couldn't get it to go down the side with the issues. Additionally, they had me sign paperwork AFTER the procedure because they "Forgot" to have me do it prior. A month later I received a bill for a $262 consultation (never saw the MD)- and then a $439 surgery bill which was denied by ins. When I called billing I was told the scope is mentioned in the paperwork I signed. Really? I would highly encourage others to find a different office/ent.

May 22nd, 2013
Average surgeon
I had surgery on my septum and sinuses about a month ago by Dr. Amble. I will say his bedside manner is the best, but I never felt like he was rude or pressuring. He explained the scope that he was going to do in my nose and afterwards ordered a CT without saying much about what he saw. I wish he would have explained what he thought the problem may be even if he followed up saying he wanted to get a CT to be sure. But at the end of the day I found out a couple of weeks later after he had the results back. We then scheduled surgery and the day of my surgery he was great. I could tell he was very busy but most doctors schedule several surgeries on one day so I didn't take it personally. After my surgery I had a follow up with his assistant a couple of weeks later and she was fantastic! And I have only had a couple of questions since then and the staff has been a great help. I would recommend this doctor to others but just with the warning that he isn't very personable but good at what he does. It's not like I plan on seeing him in the future very often like my family doctor.

April 24th, 2013
Worst doctor ever!!!!!!
Was sent to him by a neuroligist,for massive headaches from an exposed nerve in my nasal cavity,the office staff was super,he came in the room had me sit in chair,squirted some stuff in my nose, grabbed a little light,pulled me by my hair backwards till my head was against the headrest,then waved the light across my face,and say's to me,your headaches are not from your nose,you need to see a neuroligist! 60 seconds max! Put on my paperwork sinus infection,but was not given any meds,when called back to inquire his nurse say's you probably have an exposed nerve in your nose!No kidding,that is why i was sent there!Never again!!!! I should have him arrested for battery!

April 11th, 2013
RUDE AND BAD DR. AMBLE
The nurse was great. Dr. Amble was the worst doctor I have been too. He rushed in the room and put medicine in my nose and I tried to tell him it hasn't taken effect yet and kept shoving the camera through my nose. It hurt so bad. I have had a headache for 9 weeks and been 3 antibiotics, plus been seen by three family doctors and had a cat scan and they all say the same I have a cyst on my right cheek causing the problem. So that is why they referred me to Dr. Amble. he said I have no sinus problems. He is sending me to a neurologist. I also told him my right ear is clogged and it hurts and he said there was nothing wrong with my ears. He decided all this in less than 4 minutes. He was very unfriendly and didn't let me ask questions. Where did he get his degree and manners? Now I have to lose more time from work to find another doctor. Let me tell you if you have an appointment with you are wasting you time. So I left with an earache and headache. But he says the cyst on my sinus is not causing the problem.

April 10th, 2013
No Respect - Very Rude - Never answer your questoins
He rushed into the room and started with - I was totally confused with your simptoms - I was half dead... he poked some mechene into my nose and looked inside my throat and finally said we will remove your tonsils. I wonder how he decided on that.I was trying to communicate backwith thim, but he cut me bluntly saying he got lot of other patients waiting for him. I paid for my visit and now in search of another ENT specialist to get my issue fixed. ***WARNING - DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME BY VISITING THIS DOC***

March 11th, 2013
Pleased
Dr. Amble was very professional and courteous . He made sure my questions were answered and told me I could call his office any time . My surgery was nicely done and my follow up with his assistant pleasant. I had a question after that visit and was answered promptly . I will recommend this Doctor.