Dr. Firas Akhrass MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 5th, 2016
Worthless
After waiting for 3 hours I let reception area know I was stepping outside to make a call and they claimed it was OK because there was still two people ahead of me. I walked back in less than 15 minutes and they claimed they been calling me and calling me. And, since I wasn't there the doctor stated he "didn't want to" see me anymore. Its outrageous how Firas Akhrass thinks his time is important but based on his behavior the patient's time is worthless to him. He needs to be reminded that its the patient putting food on his table.

August 22nd, 2015
PHENOMENAL
Dr. Akhrass is a PHENOMENAL doctor. He's extremely caring and passionate about his patients and will do everything in his power to make your life with diabetes or other related diseases easier to deal with. Couldn't ask for a better doctor.

December 12th, 2013
Dr. Ahkrass
I have been seeing the DGD clinic since 2007 with first seeing Dr. Swartz and then Dr. Ahkrass. I love them both to death. They are great doctors with excellent bedside manners. I have never, ever had any problems with either of them. They tell you how it is and that's it and I think some people get upset with them because they tell them the truth on thier health on the Do's and the Dont's. I continue to see Dr. Ahkrass on a yearly basis. I do not approve of his PA who I personally think is a scatter brain and who I have seen twice because I thought it was only fair to give her a second chance but I will not see her again. I would rather do business with my doctor. The office staff is great! The times I have gotten sick I was able to go into his walk in clinic and be seen immediately. Yes, there is a wait but not an over-exaggerated wait. If anyone is needing a Diabetes doctor, I highly recommend Dr. Ahkrass

August 9th, 2013
Cooperation with Office Staff and Insurance Issues
Although I think very highly of Dr. Akhrass as a very skilled doctor, this is where the positive reviews stop. I am currently trying to complete insurance information which includes medical records from his office. Not only has my insurance company worked over and above to accommodate my situation they have informed me that Dr. Akhrass office is the only outstanding information missing, the fact that I have to go and wait in the cattle call lineup of the other 200 patients waiting to be seen and I have no medical issue leads to the thought that someone has too many patients to care. I called his office twice in the last couple weeks, today when I called I was informed that I must make an appointment to get any paperwork filled out. Funny since there is never a problem when his office wants to bill my insurance and charge me any money when they want to collect. I would not recommend going here for results. You can only see the doctor on your initial visit anyway as the PA is actually the person who sees you when you go to appointments and rushes through anything that is going on. I would not recommend this clinic as a whole if this is how you get treated.

August 8th, 2013
This office leaves me in tears
Dr. Akhrass is a nice, compassionate man. That's where the good part ends. Dealing with his office's red tape, however, has just driven me to the point where going in negatively affects my mental and physical health. The last two times I saw Dr. Akhrass instead of the NP, it was OVER an hour wait to finally be seen. Yes, some of that was having blood drawn and vitals taken, but that only takes about 10 minutes total. The office is constantly running behind. I went in awhile back with some paperwork to be filled out. I'd mentioned it over the phone, but wasn't told that I'd need a SEPARATE appointment with the PA, because the Dr. doesn't do paperwork. My appointment was at 2:15. I arrived at 2pm, and by 2:20 I had signed in, waited, had my blood drawn (which was just a disaster as the first person tried 3 times before Theresa told him to let him do it - always ask for Theresa!). Then I went to sit down and wait. And wait. And wait. At about 3pm I was called back for vitals which were taken by his assistant, and finally put in a room by 3:15 - one hour after my appointment time. Dr. Akhrass came in about 5-10 minutes later and he was frazzled. He came in, then immediately ran back out to do something he'd forgotten, and when he came back in he was immediately interrupted by his assistant. Despite all that, I was out of his office by 3:30, having had probably no more than 10 minutes with the doctor, and that time wasn't even fully mine. He sent me to his PA to do the paperwork. By now it is 3:30. They send me down the hall where they try and draw my blood again. I tell them no, I'm just waiting to see the PA. So they send me around the corner where another person tries to take my vitals. I tell him I've /already had it all done and I just need this 10-question form filled out/. So, they move me to ANOTHER waiting room - where I wait, and wait, and wait... Finally at almost 5pm, the PA calls me in. It takes him less than 5 minutes to fill out the form. Then he tells me, wait for it... he has to take the form back to Dr. Ahkrass to get signed!!! I finally left the building at 5:30. My husband was late for an appointment he had that evening. When I called to complain I was told it was all my fault for not having made the extra appointment - despite no one having told me I needed to!!! I was also told that I should ALWAYS expect to spend at least 2 hours in their office. Always. This level of incompetency is, unfortunately, commonplace there. They can't seem to coordinate refill requests with CVS due to whatever weird system they are using. The doctor will look at your lab results, sometimes WEEKS after you have been in and call in Rx's that you aren't even made aware of until the pharmacy calls you, or they just get dropped in your bag while you pick up something else. I actually had to instruct my pharmacy to NEVER fill Rx's from DGD without my calling them first to let them know that I want something. The doctor has even (repeatedly) called in Rxs for drugs I told him I would not take. If you have ANY issues, you might as well just suck it up and go in in person. The office staff is HORRIBLE about calling people back, for any reason. Also, if you have questions about your medications? Call your pharmacy. I once requested a sample of some insulin ports that let you shoot your daily injections into a seated port, and the folks downstairs told me it was OK to shoot both my basal and bolus insulin into the thing, despite the huge manufacturers warning on the box to not do so.

July 30th, 2013
Dr. Akhrass is my favorite! He offered me options for my hypothyroidism/PCOS in which I had never heard of. I am currently the healthiest I've been. He also makes it very clear to me that my medications are only temporary. He took me off of unneccessary meds that my previous doc had prescribed for me. A true breath of fresh air walking into this clinic. Busy but worth the wait!

June 28th, 2013
Saw this guy once and the chip on his shoulder would wipe out a nation if it fell off. He doesn't seem concerned with long term wellness, only with keeping me on the meds. No discussion what so ever about what can be done to make healthy changes. Draw the blood...see you in a month to do it all over again. And not even him. His assistant person who has to call in lab to get a vein...

February 7th, 2012
Excellent physician, he really knows how to take care his patients.

September 8th, 2011
Excellent Endocrinologist!!!
Very compasionate, never makes you feel rushed, listens and answers questions honestly.

June 3rd, 2011
I've been seeing Dr. A for over 3 years. He is a wonderful doctor, has shown a lot of interest and concern over me and my conditions. Very caring, great manner!!