Internists, Critical Care Specialist, Pulmonologist (lungs)

Winding Creek of Algonquin
Pulmonary & Sleep Med Clinic
2971 W Algonquin Rd
Ste 104
Algonquin, IL 60102
847-658-7693
Locations and availability (6)

3.0

• Currently 3.1923076923077 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.2083333333333 of 4 stars
Mar 5th, 2014

Dr. Dairi took care of my husband recently. It was my husbands birthday and when Dr. asked him for a birthday gift request. Dr. immediately left and shortly afterwards came back with that gift. What he did was above and beyond! We will always remember his kindness.

Mar 5th, 2014

Great doctor and wonderful staff !!!!

Jan 29th, 2014

Great doctor....may have to wait a bit....but well worth the wait

Jan 13th, 2014

Dr. Dairi has been my mother's Pulmonologist for many years until her untimely recent death. He came to the ER and sat with me and my family during a VERY emotional time to help calm us down and make sound decisions regarding my mothers health. We are very grateful for the time you spent with us and the advice you gave. He showed great affection and kindness to my mother and she always looked forward to her appointments with him. His staff has always been nothing but kind and courteous to us.

|  horrible experience!!!  |  show details
by WAited for Nothing!!! on Dec 12th, 2013

My Second Visit...Hour And A Half Wait...Got Lung Scan Results Ahead Of Dr Visit And They Showed 2 Suspicious Spots On Lungs Which Could Be Cancer. When I Went In Office First NP Came In And Did Not Even Address It Until I Brought It Up. All She Did Was Try To Push A Sleep Study!!! Then I Brought It Up To Her..She Down Played It...Then He Walked In And Didnt Even Sit Down And Said Come Back In 6 Months For Another Scan And Headed Back Out The Door!!! I Burst Out Crying Thinking This Is All He Says When Lumps Are Found On My Lungs???? Needless To Say I Will Never Return....Ill Take My Possible Lung Cancer Elsewhere!

Oct 13th, 2013

Excellent doctor great staff .

|  Everyone's experience is different  |  show details
Jun 17th, 2013

I think Dr.Dairi is one of the nicest kindest doctors out there. He is very experienced and definitely knows what he is doing just because things arent going as easy as you think or you dont want to comply doesnt make the doctor bad. I didnt agree with some parts of treatment but after following through I felt much better and have a better understanding of really listening to a professional's advice. His office doesnt even feel like an office the way him and staff work together is like a family. The wait time sometimes can be a little too long but always worth it. They are able to get patients in within the same week most of the time, very accommodating so i'd rather wait an hour now rather than wait a week to get in so my appointment waiting time is 15mins.

|  This man put my mothers life in SEVERE jeopardy  |  show details
Apr 20th, 2013

My mom went in to see Dr. Dairi complaining of severe pains in her lungs and side. She could barely breath and was coughing constantly. Dr. Dairi decided that she was not worth her time and told her it was "just her asthma acting up." He did not examine her, give her x-rays, or even refer her somewhere else. This pain was so unbearable she went to the E.R. later that night and found out she had MULTIPLE blood clots in her lungs!! Don't you think a trained and "seasoned" pulmonologist would have been able to recognize blood clots in someones lungs? This was not only medical neglect but incredible lack of integrity. This doctor deserves to have his license suspended. I highly recommend you go elsewhere with your pulmonology problems. This issue will have legal repercussions.

Mar 6th, 2013

DR diagnosed me wrong ...BAD bedside manor ...doesn't explain results of tests ..will never go back to this man .........very scary time in my life with wrong diagnose................

Jul 10th, 2012

Dr. Dairi is worth waiting for, he is completely focused on you when he is in the room and answers all your questons in details. He helped my family go through tough times when my father was diagnoised with lung cancer. He really cares, and that is why I have this doctor

Jun 14th, 2012

Firas Dairi is a very kind and nice doctor to his patients and staff.

|  Stop Negative Comments  |  show details
May 30th, 2012

All of these negative comments are not needed and I do not think you know what you are taking about, Dr. Dairi helped me fight pnemonia and sleep apnea. Dr. Dairi is by far a top notch doctor and you can not find someone better than him. All of you should take a minute and see how much this doctor has helped you, doctor Dairi always takes his time with all his patients and loves dogs he would never say no for you to bring in a animal. STOP WITH THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS!!!!!!!

May 11th, 2012

Waited over an hour and a half.. his bedside manner was HORRIBLE. I wouldn't bring my dog to Dr. Dairi! I overheard him on several occasions talk to his staff like dirt. Do yourself a favor and find someone else!

Apr 17th, 2012

Dr. Dairi is an excellent doctor very funny,professional ,respectful caring well dress and has an excellent bedside manner.

|  Patient  |  show details
Dec 27th, 2011

This doctor is the best doctor every he always answers the questions I have and treats me in a kind way.

Dec 23rd, 2011

Dr.Dairi is a phenomenal doctor . One time I was in his office and he was very kind and took his time taking care of me and other patients also he is a very social person:)

|  BEST DOCTOR EVER  |  show details
Dec 23rd, 2011

this doctor is absolutely amazing, i dont know what you guys are talking about. he was definetly curteous with me and the office staff is so kind. He spent a good amount of time with me and i greatly appreciate it.

|  Avoid this man like the plague  |  show details
by Sara S on Feb 17th, 2011

2 office visits. I was kept waiting over an hour I was greeted by a rude, mean spirited man who does not seem to know how to practice medicine. I have a new sleep apnea doctor.

|  Loooong wait  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2010

Each of the 2 times I have seen Dr Dairi I have waited over an hour past my appt time and I always show up on time or early. Half of the time I spend waiting is in the exam room. I do appreciate that he has evening hours and he listened very well the first time I visited, but not nearly as well the second time I went. He didn't sign or fill out completely an Rx request for an MRI and created much confusion. I put in another Rx request for medication and I have been waiting over a week to get proper approval to have it filled.

Feb 10th, 2010

I definitely would not recommend. He spent less than 3 minutes with me on any of my visits, and most of that was him texting! He did not listen! He also did not sign or put diagnosis on the RX for tests AND prescriptions, so I could not get them done in a timely fashion. No wonder patients have a hard time following doctor's orders.

Oct 9th, 2008

Does not seem to listen and almost has a diagnosis made before the visit. If more time was spent listening and understanding an individual's history and symptoms much time and money could be saved by not having unnecessary multiple sleep studies. Communication is vital.