Internist, Critical Care Specialist, Pulmonologist (lungs)

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
by Mary Kendeigh (Lyn) on Aug 25th, 2015

Dr Dairi goes out of his way to make sure that you will be taken care of at both his office and at the hospital. His office staff is so efficient and helpful. He is very calming, positive and encouraging to patients facing surgery. I wish all doctors were like Dr Dairi!

Aug 20th, 2015

Great doctor and wonderful staff .

Mircle Worker show details Mircle Worker
by Bonnie H. on Aug 13th, 2015

He is fantastic. He not only saved my life once but 4 X. I have had to be intubated 4 X with ARDS. He rounded up the specialists needed to get me the help I needed, he did everything for me. He was also wonderful with my elderly Parents, offering comfort where no other Doctors would have. He diligently tested probed and prodded until he had answers and medicine that would help me. Night and day he came to take care of me. If you want a Doctor who excels in medicine and has a heart of gold you have found him. Thank you Dr. Dairi for everything!

Dr. Dairi is awesome!! show details Dr. Dairi is awesome!!
by Kuehl on Jul 16th, 2015

Dr. Dairi has been caring for my mother for several months now. We love him!! He is a thorough doctor who truly cares about his patients. His office staff is by far one of the best I have ever encountered. Truly professional people who make you feel like family.

by Gary MacGregor on Jul 8th, 2015

He takes the time to make sure you understand everything.

I have gone to him for 12 years and he's a super doctor! show details I have gone to him for 12 years and he's a super doctor!
by Loree W on Jun 22nd, 2015

He saved my life in the emergency room 12 years ago and I count him as one of my blessings. I've never met a doctor who was so passionate and caring about his patients. Thanks to him that my life has been live able with COPD. He does ask his patients to follow his lead in taking good care of themselves, only then can you improve your outcome.

by Don Kendeigh on Jun 20th, 2015

Outstanding doctor. Very caring. Great help to me when I spent 11 days in ICU after surgery. Also oversaw my care recently after a ER visit and a Hernia operation.

by Robert Pierson on Jun 18th, 2015

Dr. Firas is a very focused, thorough physician. He listens and has a vigorous follow-up. He is confident in his approach to diagnosis and treatment.

Our Guardian Angel! show details Our Guardian Angel!
by Daniel & Susan Buchberger on Jun 11th, 2015

Dr. Dairi is both my husband's and my pulmonary doctor. Our story is truly an amazing one, but it is true, indeed. Dr. Dairi saved my life in 2010 with a correct diagnosis of Interstitial Lung Disease. The hospital had originally diagnosed me with Interstitial Pneumonia. That diagnosis meant the difference between having, a somewhat normal life, as opposed to having a lung transplant or having 5-7 yrs left to live. (I was 59 at the time) He arranged a 2nd opinion at Rush Presbyterian in Chicago for me and, further, sent all of my Xrays, tests, CT scans to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN, where they have an entire department for Interstitial Lung Disease. They both concurred with Dr. Dairi's diagnosis. I am now on a routine of annual check ups with Dr. Dairi. Then, last fall, 2014, after my annual follow up appt , in a discussion with my husband , Dr. Dairi determined that my husband should take advantage of a free CT scan offered to smokers, age 50 & over, who had smoked for at least 30 yrs. My husband had quit 14 yrs prior & had no symptoms. Dr. Dairi insisted that my husband take the time--after all it was free! What did my husband have to lose? Lucky for us! That CT scan revealed 2 small cancerous tumors on his right lung. Within weeks, the tests & surgery were complete--and, because it was caught so early, no lymph nodes were affected. If my husabnd had waited for symptoms to appear, the results could have been much different. And they are saying, "cancer free" for my husband! Amazing! As for his manner, Dr. Dairi gets right to the point, but this hasn't prevented him from being most kind and generous in his care of us. He truly felt each of our obstacles and celebrated with us on the joyous occasions. He has no ego and getting a second opinion is not a problem. In fact, he will help you to get them if it makes you feel more comfortable. We now call Dr. Dairi our "Guardian Angel" and feel we were blessed the day that he visited me in the hospital, when my primary doctor called on him to be the pulmonary doctor on my case, in 2010. If you want an excellent pulmonary doctor, Dr. Dairi is IT.

Jun 10th, 2015

Dr. Dairi has always been very friendly, courteous and thorough . I love his sense of humor. He seems to go the extra mile to make sure everything has been looked into for an accurate evaluation and diagnosis. I would recommend him to family and friends.

Mar 5th, 2014

Dr. Dairi took care of my husband recently. It was my husbands birthday and when Dr. asked him for a birthday gift request. Dr. immediately left and shortly afterwards came back with that gift. What he did was above and beyond! We will always remember his kindness.

Mar 5th, 2014

Great doctor and wonderful staff !!!!

Jan 29th, 2014

Great doctor....may have to wait a bit....but well worth the wait

Jan 13th, 2014

Dr. Dairi has been my mother's Pulmonologist for many years until her untimely recent death. He came to the ER and sat with me and my family during a VERY emotional time to help calm us down and make sound decisions regarding my mothers health. We are very grateful for the time you spent with us and the advice you gave. He showed great affection and kindness to my mother and she always looked forward to her appointments with him. His staff has always been nothing but kind and courteous to us.

Oct 13th, 2013

Excellent doctor great staff .

Everyone's experience is different show details Everyone's experience is different
Jun 17th, 2013

I think Dr.Dairi is one of the nicest kindest doctors out there. He is very experienced and definitely knows what he is doing just because things arent going as easy as you think or you dont want to comply doesnt make the doctor bad. I didnt agree with some parts of treatment but after following through I felt much better and have a better understanding of really listening to a professional's advice. His office doesnt even feel like an office the way him and staff work together is like a family. The wait time sometimes can be a little too long but always worth it. They are able to get patients in within the same week most of the time, very accommodating so i'd rather wait an hour now rather than wait a week to get in so my appointment waiting time is 15mins.

Mar 6th, 2013

DR diagnosed me wrong ...BAD bedside manor ...doesn't explain results of tests ..will never go back to this man .........very scary time in my life with wrong diagnose................

Jul 10th, 2012

Dr. Dairi is worth waiting for, he is completely focused on you when he is in the room and answers all your questons in details. He helped my family go through tough times when my father was diagnoised with lung cancer. He really cares, and that is why I have this doctor

Jun 14th, 2012

Firas Dairi is a very kind and nice doctor to his patients and staff.

Stop Negative Comments show details Stop Negative Comments
May 30th, 2012

All of these negative comments are not needed and I do not think you know what you are taking about, Dr. Dairi helped me fight pnemonia and sleep apnea. Dr. Dairi is by far a top notch doctor and you can not find someone better than him. All of you should take a minute and see how much this doctor has helped you, doctor Dairi always takes his time with all his patients and loves dogs he would never say no for you to bring in a animal. STOP WITH THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS!!!!!!!

May 11th, 2012

Waited over an hour and a half.. his bedside manner was HORRIBLE. I wouldn't bring my dog to Dr. Dairi! I overheard him on several occasions talk to his staff like dirt. Do yourself a favor and find someone else!

Apr 17th, 2012

Dr. Dairi is an excellent doctor very funny,professional ,respectful caring well dress and has an excellent bedside manner.

Patient show details Patient
Dec 27th, 2011

This doctor is the best doctor every he always answers the questions I have and treats me in a kind way.

Dec 23rd, 2011

Dr.Dairi is a phenomenal doctor . One time I was in his office and he was very kind and took his time taking care of me and other patients also he is a very social person:)

BEST DOCTOR EVER show details BEST DOCTOR EVER
Dec 23rd, 2011

this doctor is absolutely amazing, i dont know what you guys are talking about. he was definetly curteous with me and the office staff is so kind. He spent a good amount of time with me and i greatly appreciate it.

Avoid this man like the plague show details Avoid this man like the plague
by Sara S on Feb 17th, 2011

2 office visits. I was kept waiting over an hour I was greeted by a rude, mean spirited man who does not seem to know how to practice medicine. I have a new sleep apnea doctor.

Loooong wait show details Loooong wait
Oct 7th, 2010

Each of the 2 times I have seen Dr Dairi I have waited over an hour past my appt time and I always show up on time or early. Half of the time I spend waiting is in the exam room. I do appreciate that he has evening hours and he listened very well the first time I visited, but not nearly as well the second time I went. He didn't sign or fill out completely an Rx request for an MRI and created much confusion. I put in another Rx request for medication and I have been waiting over a week to get proper approval to have it filled.

Feb 10th, 2010

I definitely would not recommend. He spent less than 3 minutes with me on any of my visits, and most of that was him texting! He did not listen! He also did not sign or put diagnosis on the RX for tests AND prescriptions, so I could not get them done in a timely fashion. No wonder patients have a hard time following doctor's orders.

Oct 9th, 2008

Does not seem to listen and almost has a diagnosis made before the visit. If more time was spent listening and understanding an individual's history and symptoms much time and money could be saved by not having unnecessary multiple sleep studies. Communication is vital.