A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Florence Brown:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Florence Brown is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Florence Brown, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology and Metabolism.
- She has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Diabetes Mellitus
Education & Awards
Dr. Brown graduated from Columbia University, New York. She has 3 awards.
Dr. Brown has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Needham Campus, Inc.L CORP
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Brown accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 4 plans
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 17 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 4 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan