Dr. Florian Thomas MD, PHD, MA Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 1st, 2016
NEUROLOGIST & MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS
Phenomenal neurology he leaves no door upturned in the short period . Of time I have seen him he has help me so much . He has done more for me than any other neurologist I have seen over 20 years of my multiple sclerosis . He is leaving SLU to start a wonderful new adventure in he's field of neurology . he will be truly missed but he still continues to work On my behalf and so many others Up until the last minute prior to his departure. He is truly one of the greatest neurologist of our times

July 7th, 2014
Very Good Doctor
I have been a patient of Dr Thomas for about a year. I admit I was terrified my first visit, after a woman came out of his office in tears, proclaiming how rude he was. He is to the point and very knowledgeable about every aspect. He cares about the whole person and keeps meticulous records and timelines of medical and physical events. I would recommend him to anyone seeking a neurologist for MS. That is what he treats me for.

February 28th, 2014
Rudest Person I Have Ever Met
He HAS run the right tests. However, once he finishes (it's been months), I will RUN (and I am disabled) to the nearest person who: doesn't ignore phone calls for months then call, telling me he has no time, hang up w/ no goodbye while I'm asking a ? (an entire minute into the conversation), conduct balance tests fm across the room and bark at me to do it when I fall repeatedly, and get bruised, yell when he asks me to get up fm my chair and I use my arms, and so very much more. He needs counseling. And so will anyone who continues to see him. I would mark "bedside manner" with zero stars, but the software here won't let me.

February 22nd, 2014
He's incredibly knowledgeable. His bedside manner is worse than nonexistent. His staff doesn't follow through, calls aren't returned. However, he, and he alone, has run the right tests for me.

January 14th, 2014
Good Doctor but doesn't listen
Dr. Thomas is a brilliant doctor. The problem is that he doesn't listen. He seems very judgemental and even annoyed whenever you try to explain things to him. He will cut you off mid sentence and jump to conclusions. Despite this I decided that due to his experience with MS I would continue to see him. I've been a patient of his for over a year now. Today when I came into his office I was shocked by his attitude towards me. He seemed angry and highly annoyed. He was judgemental and I left in tears. I wont be going back. Ms is difficult enough to deal with but I need to feel like somebody is on my side. He is smart. Thorough if you can get him to listen, but simply to harsh for me.

January 24th, 2012
I've been seeing Dr. Thomas for 17 years. He responds to emails and has always been very invested in my care and treatment. He includes adjunct professionals such as phychologists and support group interaction. Dr. Thomas treats you as a whole person not just your neurological disease.

September 23rd, 2010
Doesn't care
He walked into my room. He didn't even allow me to say anything as he was looking at my chart, looked up at me and said, "I think you're depressed." closed the chart and walked out of the room without allowing me to respond, or even tell him the problems that I was having, appointment over. I'm sorry I ever even wasted my gas money or appointment money to drive in there. The was by far, the worst doc I've ever been to and I left feeling worse than when I walked into his office.

July 28th, 2010
great Doctor for MS
I have been a patient of Dr. Thomas for several years now. He is always very thorough and quick to respond if I have any problems. I would highly recommend him for anyone suffering from MS.

July 23rd, 2017