Dr. Forrest Ellis MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

August 2nd, 2011
Not a Nice Experience
The first time I went in for my daughter's appt was on a Friday, before the 4th of July. I delayed a vacation for the appt. When I arrived, I was told Dr. Ellis was in surgery. His staff called on the previous Monday. My answering machine was not turned on. They did not call back during the three days in between. Two weeks later we went back and the receptionist for the pediatric portion of the practice was extremely rude. She told me she would get to me when she was fnished with the person in front of me. Fine. There was no place to sit, that I could see, in the pediatric portion so we went to sit in the adult section. One of those receptionists called out to me and told me to go back to the pediatric portion. That receptionist said in a very condecnding tone that she had no idea where I had gone. When I explained that there were no seats, she gestured to an area behind her. I responded that I had not seen it and that she did not tell me where to go. She mummbled instructions about what to do and would not mack eye contact. We waited for Dr. Ellis for 30 minutes. His assitant was friendly and nice when she conducted tests. He was extremely brusque and kept the TV in the room blaring. It would have been nice if they asked me if TV would be okay. When he completed the exam he gave me a quick answer and treated me as if I were about 3. I would not go back or recommend him to anyone. He never indicated that he would follow up with the pediatrican who referred us. The office, with the exception of the doctor's assistant, is lacking in customer service and general courtesy.

August 10th, 2009
When trying to find an appointment with ANY peds. ophthalmologist the waiting list was up to 4 months. I needed my son seen asap. I was able to get in within 3 weeks. I did go to the wrong location but the office was understanding and held my appointment even though I was very late. Dr. Ellis made me feel comfortable and eased all of my worries.

March 16th, 2009