Dr. Forrest Haslup MD Patient Reviews

• General Surgery Lutz, FL

March 25th, 2012
Very pleased with care during gallbladder removal
I was very satisfied with my experience with Dr. Haslup when I recently had my gallbladder removed. His staff managed to fit in my initial consultation with him very very quickly when I began having pain and nausea. Dr. Haslup reviewed my tests, examined me, and then outlined my options and his recommendation. I did not feel rushed. Even though my procedure was undoubtedly very minor and routine to him, he seemed to appreciate that it was a pretty big deal to me! Dr. Haslup's personal manner was quiet, but friendly. My surgery was able to be scheduled very promptly, and I'm told it went well (I was asleep for that part, after all). What really impressed me was the follow up in the two days after the surgery. I saw and spoke with Dr. Haslup several times at the hospital. He was much more accessible than any previous doctor I've dealt with. I was also pleased to hear several of the nurses who worked with him speak very highly of him, without my even asking. A nurse's opinion is often the best indicator you can have, and more than one told me he's the surgeon they would use, and that both he and his partner are extremely hard working and dedicated.

August 29th, 2011
Stay away from this man. Almost left icu just to get away from him
careless and brutal were the two words best to describe this man. He consistently misquoted time it would take and refused to give proper pain killers. Was a complete jerk when pain level went through the roof and consistently avoided the family when it came time to answer questions. Uses an outdated surgery method for gallbladder removal and is the only doctor I would never see again.

June 13th, 2011
He's very reserved. Not easy to talk with but I came away feeling taken care of & I trust him!

November 18th, 2009
Operation
Dr. Forest Haslup is one of the greatest physician I ever met. My mother is 80 years old and he operated on her. took 6.5 hours for operation and removed colon cancer. Within a week my mother was well and walking. Before operation he took time and explained me exactly how he will operate. Weldone doctor and I certainly recomend every one to go and check with this doctor. Even follow-ups is simple and he has great staff.