Dr. Fotios Koumpouras MD Patient Reviews

4.7

• Good
  • Bad

September 23rd, 2016
Very compassionate, understanding, and humble enough to work with patient' wishes.

September 13th, 2016
Lupus
I miss Dr. Koumpouras - He was my favorite. Wish I could find another doctor like him. He was very calming. Listened to all my concerns and was very compassionate.

July 15th, 2016
Terribly missed in Pittsburgh
He's brilliant and terribly missed! What a loss to AGH.

June 10th, 2016
best ever
I have been a patient of Dr. K's for 5 years with a complicated and rare syndrome and he has been a courageous, think outside the box doctor. I am in Pittsburgh and was lucky to find Dr. Koumpouras before he took his current position at Yale. I now travel to Yale several times a year to see him. Best doctor ever!

March 29th, 2016
Wonderful
This is the absolute best doctor you could ever ask for.

October 14th, 2015
Dr Koumpouras,I really have to say Thank You soo much for yesterdays visit. I cannot believe the relieve. that I have on my knee. Walking up our stairs last nite was such a relieve. Sleeping I didn't even have to use my arms to help move the knee to turn over. Thank You once again!! See you around Thanksgiving. Need to go for a short walk. See ya soon.

September 8th, 2015
Best Doctor EVER!!
Wait time is sometimes excessive but is well worth waiting. Dr. Kompouras is knowledgeable, friendly, and patient. He genuinely cares about his patients. I visited numerous doctors and had many false diagnosis before having the luck of meeting Dr. Kompouras. He accurately diagnosed and helped me after one visit.

May 23rd, 2015
Excellent. Knowledgeable and caring!!

January 7th, 2015
Extraordinary gifted physician. The real "Dr House"!

December 17th, 2014
Simply an unbelievable physician, with old-school approach, and modern knowledge and use of modern technology.

May 30th, 2014
He saved my life
Dr. Koumpouras diagnosed me with something that I guarantee would have taken the rest of my life for others to figure out. I have many specialists involved in my care and he put all the pieces of the puzzle together. He figured out what others could not. I am a nurse practitioner and I can say that I trust this man with my life. I am eternally grateful for the gift he has. He is the most caring doctor I have ever met and I been in medicine for twenty years. I can never repay him.

December 5th, 2013
glad I found him.
I have had chronic fatigue, brain fog, numbness, joint pain and dizziness that has kept me from living a normal life for over 18 years. I had seen by various PCP's in several states and a Neurologist. Fourteen years of being misdiagnosed with everything from MS, Chronic Fatigue, PPD and anxiety was very frustrating and caused anxiety! Finally, I was referred to Dr Koumpouras who ordered extensive blood work and had me diagnosed with Lupus by my second visit with him. He is very thorough and spends a long time each visit listening to your concerns, collaborating with you to sort out the best course of action/treatment. I am a "retired" RN and am exceptionally picky about my doctors. I can tell which ones are genuine and which are not. There are many doctors out there that have "good" reputations that I do not consider to be good doctors. Dr. Koumpouras happens to have a good reputation AND is a good doctor. My only complaint with his practice is that there is a long wait to see him (for obvious reasons), and that his staff is not good about following up with lab results etc. I have to chase down results and keep on top of things. The office is very busy ----- they need to hire more nurses to follow up with patients, I think the ones that they have are stretched too thin.