Dr. Fouad Butto MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatric Cardiology Toledo, OH

3.3

February 5th, 2016
Disappointed
Dr Butto has followed my son now 20 years old since birth. He was born with Tetrology of Fallot and as an infant had open heart surgery and a cardiac cath. On a followup appointment dad was told he has a leaky valve,wait and see, We did not feel comfortable sought a second opinion and was referred to Columbus Ohio where my son underwent a 2nd surgery and cath needing both a new valve and a pacemaker due to erratic heart beats. Dr Butto never did a sleep MRI nor a 24 hour monitor,Columbus did both. Makes it hard to trust him now

November 5th, 2015
Great Very Caring Man!
Dr. Butto is a very kind caring man to say the least. He has helped me very much, I love Dr. Butto. It may take a little more time in his office but he saves lives all day! He is a great caring man! When people say that you can't understand him that is very rude because he is from a different country and you are offending that he is from another country, there is no way he could control the way he talks....It is not fair to rate his practice low because he talks different, lots of Dr.'s and other people are forgiven. We should rep sect this great life saving man! He deserves it! Thanks for EVERYTHING Dr. Butto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 28th, 2015
Let me start out by saying I never write reviews however I was so upset by the level of care my younger sister received from this doctor I had to put something out there so maybe someone else could avoid what she went through. She has been absolutely miserable for a year having symptoms of fatigue, shortness of breathe, chest pain. The man spent 10 minutes with her diagnosed her with low sodium and sent her on her way. Months later she was still having symptoms some getting worse. The doctor not only ignored the symptoms but also the fact she was born with a syndrome that affected her heart. He could of cared less. Never treated her heart condition!!! Long story short we got a second opinion from Rainbow babies and the head of the cardiology department called urging she gets a pacemaker ASAP. She is scheduled for surgery in a couple of days. The difference between the level of care between the two facilities is extrodinary. If you do see this doctor I recommend getting a second opinion.

January 6th, 2015
Spent 3K out of pocket for an echo for our daughter to check a heart murmur and a PFO was inadvertantly discovered. She was then sent to Butto for follow up of PFO, After waiting over an hour to see him, he came in and said, "I haven't looked at her echo yet" even though it was done weeks beforehand and sent to him in advance. He then listened to her heart with a simple stethoscope and told us not to worry. Come back in a year and see if the PFO has closed. We got a bill for 500 bucks for that visit when he didn't even look at her test results! The whole point was to have an "expert" review her echocardiogram. We won't be returning. In addition, he was difficult to understand and rude when I asked him to clarify something I didn't understand. I was disappointed to say the least.

March 1st, 2013
Overall a good doctor but has no respect of people's time! Every time we come here we are here at least 2 hours if not more (one visit was 3 1/2 hours)...this visit took an hour just to get into a room. Most of the time spent here is waiting on the staff and the doctor! It is obvious that making money is more important than his patients time. They schedule their appointments 10-15 minutes apart and they need to be at least 30 minutes apart so people don't have to wait so long. His bed side manners to parents is ok but could be better... Really thinking about looking for a new heart doctor.

February 14th, 2013
Dr. Butto has been my son's doctor since he was 3 years old (8 years) through an open heart surgery and two heart catheterizations. He is an excellent doctor who is very caring and I recommend him to anyone who has a child with heart conditions. His staff is nice and friendly too.

July 24th, 2012
very caring doctor
Dr. Butto has been caring for my child since she was born... he is good at what he does and he cares for his patients.. only problem is he is very hard to understand.. usually the nurses explain everything..