Internist
Pleasant Valley
2211 NE 139th St
Vancouver, WA 98686
360-487-1000
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Patient  |  show details
by Fran Appelt on Feb 4th, 2014

I think she really cares about her patients. I think she is over booked, as I try to be the first patient of the day, on Feb 3 I had to wait almost 30 minutes. It was a little after 8:30 when she came in. She is a caring, good doctor, and I appreciate her, have been going to her somewhere between 15 and 20 years. Will not change

|  Attitude  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2012

Dr. Ch'Enis very good when the problem entails physical, visable ills. Her rating for this area is a 4. However if the complaint is not able to be seen or "proved" she is less than a rating of 2. Even after she recieved the medical file from previous doctor, and all the tests run that showed a pain problem. She refused to exam and fill out Social Security paperwork, in fact she lied when she said the letter she stated was in the paperwork, and for me to pick-up, there was no letter, and my attorney never recieved a letter as requested. She assumes any request is medication seaking. When she went to give me additionsl narcotic pain med., I requested a non-narcotic pain med. she just said no-no-no! I do not think she even listened.

|  show details
Sep 23rd, 2011

Does as minimal as possible.

|  show details
Jan 12th, 2011

This is the best doctor I have ever had. Never short changed. All explained fully. Really does care which is not typical these days.I love her and truely hope I have her for as long as I need her.

|  Professional, knowledgeable, accessible  |  show details
Nov 24th, 2009

I arrived significantly early for my first-ever appointment with Dr. Ch'en, and she was ready to see me even before I had completed the health survey forms. She explained to me that she would start by asking me a battery of standard questions, after which she would be happy to answer my questions. I am fortunate to be in excellent health, so I rarely answered a question "yes" that I had experienced the symptom or problem she asked about. In every such case, though, she followed up for details and explained the implications. When it came my turn to ask questions, Dr. Ch'en answered them all in full and educated me about the things I didn't understand. She used her superior knowledge to challenge my ignorant assumptions, but not in an arrogant or condescending fashion. She took me seriously as an educated layman and taught me several things in just this one visit. Her physical examination of me seemed comprehensive and in no way cursory. Overall, I am very happy to have found Dr. Ch'en and I look forward to working with her in future. I view my doctor as a "health coach" and I already have the confidence in Dr. Ch'en to follow her recommendations. Truly, I have never felt better about any doctor. I would recommend Dr. Ch'en to anyone without hesitation.