Dr. Frances Cuomo Is this you?

April 8th, 2017

THIS DOCTOR GAVE ME MY LIFE BACK. I WAS IN SO MUCH PAIN AND WAS UNABLE TO WORK. AFTER SURGERY I WAS ABLE TO USE MY ARM AGAIN WITHOUT PAIN AND HAVE STARTED WORKING AGAIN. DR CUOMO HAS DONE MY SURGERY TWICE. SHE HAS BEEN GOD SENT.

December 14th, 2016

Nice, friendly, helpful.

September 18th, 2015

Dr. Cuomo listens, gave me options and has treated me effectively. I am completely saitisfied! Can't say enough about her. Excellent surgeon and very compassionate. Office staff are awesome too. You will not regret!

September 18th, 2015

Amazing

I recently saw Dr. Cuomo and she was the most amazing, compassionate, caring person I have ever met. She is rated one of the top 50 physicians in the country and I believe that she is number 1!!! She understood what my problem was and provided me with such comfort. I would recommend her to anyone and I will definetly see her again. If you want to be treated by an expert that makes you feel welcomed, go and see Dr. Cuomo

August 7th, 2015

Awful

Absolutely atrocious physician. Totally uncaring and unprofessional. Recommended that I teat my constant shoulder pain with Advil. I could have received better care at an urgent clinic on the highway. She is rated as one of the top 50 shoulder specialists in the country. Don't believe it.

October 1st, 2014

Horrible!!

She was the coldest doctor without a drop of compassion. She decided I needed shoulder replacement after 10 minutes of seeing me. I was surprised she offered no other suggestions but my primary care pushed me to do it. I had decided to do shoulder replacement surgery with her only because I trusted my primary care(she did surgery on his wife. I left my primary care after this disaster). When she opened me up everything looked great until she got to my joint and fluid shot out like lava from me! It was everywhere! She cleaned me up sewed me up and called my daughter, who was in the waiting room, that she aborted the surgery and referred us to infectious disease. THAT WAS THE LAST TIME WE HEARD FROM HER FOR 5 WEEKS!! She sent her fellow to speak with us no matter how many times we asked to see or speak to her! She gave me antibiotics before surgery so infectious disease and pathology couldn't figure out what kind of infection I had! She did nothing to help me. She was supposed to be working hand and hand with infectious disease but completely ignored me. The fellow told me that the fluid looked like pseudogout rather than pus. She finally sees me to send me for a tap to see if the "infection" is still there after the PICC line was taken out. We called for 3 weeks and her office insisted Lenox Hill radiology didn't send the report! I call LEnox Hill and they told me it was sent in email 2 days after I took it! I call Cuomos office and her office says "Oh yeah, we got the report, we just are waiting for the film." I call back Lenox Hill and tell her what Cuomos office said and she tells me it was sent out the same week and that Cuomos people are incompetent! That she will send it again registered mail to catch who is lying, and she sent me the report and copy of the film too. Cuomos office calls the next day that I'm fine that there's no infection. Notice again she doesn't bother calling and sends someone to tell me. Well a couple weeks later a strange bruise appeared on my arm and guess what?? Full throttle infection down to the marrow!!Picc line again!! I left that horrible dr and even the hospital. Every one was terrible and I would rather die then use that poor excuse for a dr again! Stay far far away or she will neglect you too!!!

December 13th, 2013

Brilliant Surgeon!

Dr. Cuomo is a top-notch surgeon. She repaired my severely torn rotator cuff and every step of the way - from my first visit to every follow-up - she was kind, caring patient and knowledgeable . The staff is courteous and attentive, every aspect of my injury and the scope of the surgery was explained to me by Dr. Cuomo, and her surgical skills are brilliant. From the moment I met Dr. Cuomo, I knew that she was the surgeon for me and I am SO pleased that I chose her for my procedure.

September 7th, 2013

Cavalier

I saw Dr. Coumo for a sore shoulder. I am quite young and after advil was ineffective she immediately recommended that I take a cortisone shot before beginning physical therapy to help with my pain. I learned afterwards (not from her) that cortisone has been found to have many potentially negative effects on the shoulder especially for young people including weakening of the rotator cuff tissue and potentially increasing the size of the tear. She did not mention any of these very likely negative outcomes. Cortisone should only be used if PT is not effective in resolving symptoms. I do not believe she is incompetent so I am left to believe that she is more concerned with her reimbursements than she is with her patients health.

May 31st, 2013

I would not recommend this doctor. Unfortunately, I have had a number of other health issues over the past few years, so I have been to dozens of other doctors. She was one of the least effective. Both Dr. Coumo and her assistant are pleasant, but the outcome ,and the total experience were not very good. Firstly, each of the 3 times I saw her I waited for over one hour. Second, my shoulder condition turned out to be more serious than she had orginally thought. She informed me of the serious issue she found on my MRI on my voicemail stating "You have a partial tear of your rotator cuff, please call the office to schedule an appointment to come in and discuss your options". Once, I heard that message I was shocked and a bit scared. I was not expecting that news. I had so many questions I wanted answered. I immediately called her office, and asked her to please call me back as I just had a quick questions. I never received a call back from her. Rotator cuff tears are a serious issue. She should have not left the results on my voicemail, especially if she did not plan on responding to any of my follow up questions. It was not very empathic of her to leave that terrifying news over voicemail. I had already seen her 3 times, so I felt I deserved at least a few minute explanation over the phone. In short, while Dr. Cuomo is pleasant enough she is not empathic, runs her office way behind, and did not diagnose my condition accurately.

March 13th, 2013

Simply The Best

February 20th, 2013

Disaster

The first time I went in, I was kept waiting for a while (+30 minutes) and the visit itself was very brief. She said she wanted to look at my MRI images. I dropped off a disk for her that day-- the receptionist said I should be getting a call from her within the next few days. It took over a month to hear back. During that time I called maybe three times to ask for an update, but it didn't speed anything up any. Meanwhile they had the only copy of the disk I had, so I couldn't take it to see other doctors. Finally, someone called (NOT Dr. Cuomo-- some random guy) and started reading me the MRI results. I said, "are you just reading the text? because I already know what that says. I'm waiting for Dr. Cuomo to look at the images and get back to me." He said, "Oh... I see. Well then she had better call you!" I explained that I had been waiting a month... Finally, after about five weeks she left a message for me giving a short diagnosis and suggesting I book a follow-up with her, which I immediately did. I showed up 15 minutes early for my appointment to be on the safe side, but I ended up being kept waiting for well over an hour. After 45 minutes I went and asked the receptionist what was happening. She said, "oh, we're backed up. It should be another 20 minutes..." I was very upset that no one thought to notify me that things were running behind schedule, and it sure didn't seem like anyone there valued my time one iota. Finally, I was taken to see Dr. Cuomo, and in a very brusque, distant manner she reiterated what she said during my first visit (that I see another specialist). The follow-up lasted about 4 minutes. I don't understand why she even suggested I make another appointment with her if she wasn't willing to discuss anything with me. I was literally trying to ask her questions while she was opening and walking out the door, and she didn't slow down. Complete waste of time. See someone else.

August 3rd, 2012

No xray, no mri, taking phone calls during visit, no satisfaction, uninterested