Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  Great if you are having a baby  |  show details
by jprewett on Mar 11th, 2014

if you are in child bearing years, she is a great doctor, however if you have passed that stage in life, this is not the practice. definitely felt like a second class citizen.

|  Worst experience ever!  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2013

In August 2013, Dr. Francesca Perugini performed an unnecessary surgery on me to remove a fibroid tumor/polyp that wasn't there. In June, two months earlier, I went to Perugini for my annual exam and told her I had unusually heavy bleeding. A sonogram was done and she said it showed a fibroid tumor or polyp. Due to busy summer conflicts, I had to schedule the surgery for September. In July, I was able to move it up to August . In the meantime, she prescribed norethindrone to ease the heavy bleeding until surgery. The surgery was done and she then told us there was no tumor or polyp to remove. I couldn’t even process this information until the next day when the medication had worn off. I was very upset to know I went through a surgical procedure for nothing. At the post op appointment on the 29th, she explained the norethindrone had probably shrunk the tumor over the summer. Now knowing her knowledge of that, I asked her why a SECOND sonogram had not been done before surgery to double check if the tumor was still there. She did not have a direct answer. Surgery and anesthesia could have been avoided as well as the substantial expense to us. I did write a letter to Perugini to let her know of my dissatisfaction with her level of care and planning of an unnecessary, expensive surgery. (Our son had to be at Childrens Medical this summer after sustaining a head injury, so the last thing we needed was to pay for yet more hospital bills, especially needless ones) So I asked for at least partial repayment of the doctor fee to which her letter replied; a refund of $70 towards surgery and a $63.71 balance would be waived, she won’t be my doctor anymore (agreed!) and I could go to Parkland if I need a hospital. Wow, thanks! What a disaster!

|  The best  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2011

As an older woman - in menopause, Dr Perugini was completely sympathetic but also very careful. I have other medical conditions, and she would not prescribe estradiol until I got an all clear from my GP - She has an excellent sense of humor combined with a professional carriage that makes her very nearly the perfect doctor. She's the best!

|  Great ob/gyn  |  show details
Dec 2nd, 2010

Dr. Perugini has been my ob/gyn for almost 15 years. She has always been very patient and knowledgeable and friendly. While I have never been pregnant, she HAS seen me through many annual exams, a breast cancer scare, and she performed my tubal ligation and endometrial ablation. I would highly recommend Dr. Perugini to any female in the area. Her front office staff are some of the nicest women, too!

|  Outstanding Doctor  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Perugini's for approximately 22 years. She has delivered all three of my children. While I have not had any serious problems, she has dealt with any issues promptly, professionally, with care and calmness. I can not imagine changing ob/gyn ever. She always gives me as much time as I need during my annual exams. As she is approximately 10 years my senior, she knows everying that I am or have physically experience. Her nurses are great as well as her office staff. I recommend her to anyone looking for a new doctor.

|  Cash Cows  |  show details
by Disgusted on Jul 24th, 2010

I get to my appointment on time then have to wait anywhere from one and a half hour to two hours before she comes and sees you for 3-5 minutes. She rushes through the whole exam thing. I dare not ask her anything because she has this look of fustration. When I was there I got the impression she schedules about 4-5 patients and hour. I felt patients are not patients more like cash cows. Also, her nurese could could a communication class to better relate to patients that have questions. When she answers your questions it sounds like she yelling at you. Well at least her front office staff is awesome.I was recommend to this doctor I wished I had wasted time with this one. If really don't think much of this C&R doctor.

by ycf on Nov 27th, 2009

Dr. Perugini is a wonderful ob/gyn. She has delivered 2 of my children. She is very genuine, compassionate, and overall awesome! She is the best!

|  Wonderful DOCTOR  |  show details
by MRS CASTILLO on Oct 15th, 2009

I have been a pt for over 10yrs, she is wonderful, she delivered my first two kids and she is now taking care of me in my third pregnancy... i would never go to any other ob/gyn.......

by Grateful patient on Mar 25th, 2009 on yahoo.com

Dr.Perugini became my doctor in 1995. She has seen me through 3 pregnancies, delivered all 3 babies, through PPD, a scare with breast cancer, and even more. She is no-nonsense, matter-of-fact, yet compassionate and very real as she is raising teenagers herself. For insurance reasons I had to leave her two years ago and when any question ever arose it was her office and nurses I still called for answers. I came back within one year and will not leave her unless she leaves me! My mom is her patient, too. I trust her.

by BD on Feb 7th, 2009 on yahoo.com

she is the best OB in dallas!!! she cares about all her patients and always there to answer your questions. no other doctor compares to her!!!

by jerryswife247 on Jan 15th, 2009 on yahoo.com

I have been a patient of Dr.P's since 1990 and there is no one else I would trust with my life or my baby's life. She is phenominal. The best in Dallas as far as I'm concerned.

by Rissa Bear on Dec 22nd, 2008 on yahoo.com

I just started seeing Dr. Perugini back in September when my husband and I found out that we are expecting our first child. Originally, I went to her because she could get me in immediately and accepted my insurance. Now, there is no other OB I'd rather go to. She is extremely nice and caring, explains everything she is doing, and thoroughly answers all of our questions without making us feel as though any of them are silly or unimportant. Mindy, her assisting nurse, is wonderful as well. I would definitely reccomend her to anyone I know.

Jan 18th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Caring and Compassionate OB-GYN: I have been going to Dr. Perugini for the last 17 years - she delivered my two sons and my baby girl in September 2006. She is very competent and professional.

Oct 26th, 2006 on yahoo.com

Great lady, and a great ob/gyn!: I've been going to Dr. Perugini for 10 years, and have liked her ever since the first moment I met her! She not only delivered our precious son, but also helped me through subsequent miscarriages. I'll continue going to D