Dr. Francesco Callipari Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Francesco Callipari?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 12th, 2017

THIS DOCTOR IS THE WORST DOCTOR I’VE EVER MET!

This doctor is the worst doctor I've ever met. Doctor Callipari does not have professionalism when he asked me about personal things of my life that have no relation to my pregnancy. Dr. Callipari made me feel very uncomfortable asking my nationality, day, month and year of my husband's birthday and the age of my husband. Also Dr. Callipari compared himself to my husband's age and said that my husband was older than him. I found Dr. Caligari's comments out of context very offensive and discriminatory. Dr. Callipari asked me about my background and my husband's backgroung, he was trying to investigate our origin and nationality. His body language, facial gestures, comments out of context made me feel very uncomfortable and feel that this doctor has no professional ethics. His assistant was very rude and unprofessional. His assistant told me that one of the requirements for seeing the doctor was that I had to clean myself four times with some wipes she gave me. In addition, to take the urine test I had to follow other procedures to clean myself with the wipes she gave me. Those wipes made me bleed around my vajina. When I saw the doctor I told him that the wipes that his assistant had given me caused bleeding around my vajina, Dr. Callipari ignored my question and did not examine me to see if everything was fine. Doctor Callipari introduced a camera inside my vajina to see my baby, he introduced this camera so strong that it hurt me even though I told him it hurt, doctor callipari ignore my request and he replied that he had to do it. Dr. Callipari did not explain why he had to introduce me that camera so hard and make me hurt. I have had this same test in the past with other doctors and they have never hurt me. Before I saw the doctor I filled out a form where they asked me a series of questions and one of them was if I had taken the pap smear. I replied that I had already taken it and I wrote down the date. Doctor Callipari took the pap smear again without necessity since previously I had it done. Also doctor callipari never asked me if I wanted to take this test again.

May 23rd, 2017

I look forward to my appts with Dr. Callipari!

I went to Dr Callipari on a recommendation from a Mt Sinai employee, who has yet to meet Dr Callipari, but has heard many glowing reviews. The rumors are true, he's the best! My first attempt to get pregnant, at 38, resulted in an ectopic pregnancy. I was with a different Dr and hospital, and things did not go well. I switched insurance and started seeing Dr Callipari, consulting with him regarding trying again. I did end up needing an HSG, which led to a CAT scan, then a simple surgery (performed by Dr Callipari, in which I went under anesthesia mid-laugh, listening to Hall and Oates). Dr Callipari has always been supportive, positive, decisive, and incredibly funny! His confidence in his work, and my uterus's abilities, has helped me sail through these 5 months with a positive outlook. I can't wait to be pregnant, I'll get to see Dr Callipari more often!

November 22nd, 2016

Fantastic OB, felt re-assured and confident at each stage of my pregnancy.

August 17th, 2016

Dr Cllipari is an excellent physician, with excellent bedside manners. His clinical staff is corteous, but his scheduling service is extremely disrespectful and unhelpful. It makes me regret transferring care to Mount Sinai Obstetrics. When I need to reschedule an appointment three weeks in advance, I received a lecture on the phone about how busy the scheduling service is, and how I should simply find a way to make the appointment and not take too much of their time. Really? That's how you treat patients? Very disappointed.

January 11th, 2016

Teacher

Dr Callipari is a great positive individual. No matter how serious a situation becomes he's attitude 'We can do this' let's work together delivering this baby. Calms everyone's nerves around him . I highly recommend him.

August 12th, 2015

Evidence-based practitioner with great bedside manner

Started seeing him when I was pregnant. Received excellent care throughout pregnancy. Took my concerns and questions seriously. Provided great guidance and was cautious when warranted. When I gave birth it was another doctor on call that night, but Callipari saw me in morning and performed surgery on a serious post-partum complication, and I will be forever grateful for his excellent medical skills, and his calm, collected and also empathetic care of us during an emergency situation. Have been very happy with postpartum care and well-woman care since then. When I have had a medical need he's always been available to respond in a timely manner. When he's been OOO someone else in his office has been helpful. His nurse Michelle is awesome, too. Love her!

June 16th, 2015

Dr Jekyll - Mr Hyde

He's got some sort of personality disorder, where one minute he's a nice and funny guy and the next, he's a total a-hole. He was a total jerk to me the last part of my pregnancy and birth. He yelled at me and made threats if I read the consent form before signing it. (As he was in too big of a hurry to wait.) The guy can't handle the stress of being a doctor. He's not healthy enough to handle an overnight shift and then function the next day without having anger management (blood sugar) issues. It's a wonder why mount sinai hasn't fired him yet. He's so arrogant. I would not want him to be the on call doctor when delivering. I read another review where someone said he broke their newborns arm during a c section. After having seen him be unable to function after an overnight shift, I am not surprised. He just falls apart.

January 20th, 2014

DR Callapari having 23 years missing a lot thing!! like let patient know broke baby arm on c-section as result let baby sufer for 24 hrs;

May 23rd, 2012

Attentive and thorough

First visit with him and he was attentive, easy to talk to and very thorough. Very positive bedside manner. Explained everything and gave me handouts. His office staff & nurses were also very professional, if a teeny bit brusque.

May 16th, 2011

Love Dr. Calliparii

I am surprised by any negative reviews of Dr. Callipari. He is a sweet, smart, knowledgable, experienced (and funny!) ob, who genuinely cares about his patients and whom you can trust with the most difficult situations. He was my ob for my first pregnancy and is now following me in a much more complicated second pregnancy. I trust him with my life. He doesn't "candy coat" situations, so if you are looking for a doctor who isn't straight with you, then find another doc. Otherwise, you will adore him. He is devoted and committed and always available for questions, no matter how often you need to be in touch. Highly recommend him. I've send a number of my girlfriends to him and they all agree!!

April 20th, 2011

Greatest gynae in NYC!!!

Greatest gynae in NYC. I haven't yet met anyone like him. He's very funny, makes you at ease, even for complicated procedures he does it with a sense of humour and ease. Great bedside manner, very caring and kind.I would reacommend him to all my girlfriends.

March 10th, 2011

Way Too Speedy, In Rush to Get You Out of Office

My recent experience with this doctor was awful. I had been having an issue and he hardly spent any time with me. Maybe 30 secs. .for the exam. In the office afterwards, he rushed me right out, throwing the prescriptions at me and yelled, "Thanks for Stopping by!". Plus, he said during the exam, "what's your history?" I asked if he had my file and he said no, they're being uploaded. I've been a patient of his for 4 years. NEVER AGAIN. In addition to the issue I was having, I discovered another one during the exam and he didn't even offer any advice or medication. He really rushed me out. I will file a complaint with Mt. Sinai.