Dr. Francesco Callipari MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

August 17th, 2016
Dr Cllipari is an excellent physician, with excellent bedside manners. His clinical staff is corteous, but his scheduling service is extremely disrespectful and unhelpful. It makes me regret transferring care to Mount Sinai Obstetrics. When I need to reschedule an appointment three weeks in advance, I received a lecture on the phone about how busy the scheduling service is, and how I should simply find a way to make the appointment and not take too much of their time. Really? That's how you treat patients? Very disappointed.

January 11th, 2016
Teacher
Dr Callipari is a great positive individual. No matter how serious a situation becomes he's attitude 'We can do this' let's work together delivering this baby. Calms everyone's nerves around him . I highly recommend him.

August 12th, 2015
Evidence-based practitioner with great bedside manner
Started seeing him when I was pregnant. Received excellent care throughout pregnancy. Took my concerns and questions seriously. Provided great guidance and was cautious when warranted. When I gave birth it was another doctor on call that night, but Callipari saw me in morning and performed surgery on a serious post-partum complication, and I will be forever grateful for his excellent medical skills, and his calm, collected and also empathetic care of us during an emergency situation. Have been very happy with postpartum care and well-woman care since then. When I have had a medical need he's always been available to respond in a timely manner. When he's been OOO someone else in his office has been helpful. His nurse Michelle is awesome, too. Love her!

June 15th, 2015
Dr Jekyll - Mr Hyde
He's got some sort of personality disorder, where one minute he's a nice and funny guy and the next, he's a total a-hole. He was a total jerk to me the last part of my pregnancy and birth. He yelled at me and made threats if I read the consent form before signing it. (As he was in too big of a hurry to wait.) The guy can't handle the stress of being a doctor. He's not healthy enough to handle an overnight shift and then function the next day without having anger management (blood sugar) issues. It's a wonder why mount sinai hasn't fired him yet. He's so arrogant. I would not want him to be the on call doctor when delivering. I read another review where someone said he broke their newborns arm during a c section. After having seen him be unable to function after an overnight shift, I am not surprised. He just falls apart.

January 20th, 2014
DR Callapari having 23 years missing a lot thing!! like let patient know broke baby arm on c-section as result let baby sufer for 24 hrs;

May 23rd, 2012
Attentive and thorough
First visit with him and he was attentive, easy to talk to and very thorough. Very positive bedside manner. Explained everything and gave me handouts. His office staff & nurses were also very professional, if a teeny bit brusque.

May 16th, 2011
Love Dr. Calliparii
I am surprised by any negative reviews of Dr. Callipari. He is a sweet, smart, knowledgable, experienced (and funny!) ob, who genuinely cares about his patients and whom you can trust with the most difficult situations. He was my ob for my first pregnancy and is now following me in a much more complicated second pregnancy. I trust him with my life. He doesn't "candy coat" situations, so if you are looking for a doctor who isn't straight with you, then find another doc. Otherwise, you will adore him. He is devoted and committed and always available for questions, no matter how often you need to be in touch. Highly recommend him. I've send a number of my girlfriends to him and they all agree!!

April 20th, 2011
Greatest gynae in NYC!!!
Greatest gynae in NYC. I haven't yet met anyone like him. He's very funny, makes you at ease, even for complicated procedures he does it with a sense of humour and ease. Great bedside manner, very caring and kind.I would reacommend him to all my girlfriends.

March 9th, 2011
Way Too Speedy, In Rush to Get You Out of Office
My recent experience with this doctor was awful. I had been having an issue and he hardly spent any time with me. Maybe 30 secs. .for the exam. In the office afterwards, he rushed me right out, throwing the prescriptions at me and yelled, "Thanks for Stopping by!". Plus, he said during the exam, "what's your history?" I asked if he had my file and he said no, they're being uploaded. I've been a patient of his for 4 years. NEVER AGAIN. In addition to the issue I was having, I discovered another one during the exam and he didn't even offer any advice or medication. He really rushed me out. I will file a complaint with Mt. Sinai.

August 18th, 2010
Dr Callipari showed no interest in me as a patient. He initially spoke to me with his back turned and was anxious to get the examination over with. I found him very flippant and would not, in my opinion, recommend him to any woman seeking good medical care.