A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Francine Cournos:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Francine Cournos is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Francine Cournos, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- She has special expertise in 16 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Aggression Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- HIV Infections
- HIV Seropositivity
- Intravenous Substance Abuse
- Mental Disorders
- Psychotic Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Cournos graduated from New York University. She has 3 awards.
Dr. Cournos has 7 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Francine Cournos MD is a female Psychiatrist, has 40 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Francine Cournos practice?
- Dr. Francine Cournos has 2 office locations.
Dr. Francine Cournos practices Psychiatry near New York, NY.
See New York Psychiatrists.