Dr. Francine Olds MD Patient Reviews

3.8

March 10th, 2016
First Impressions are Everything
Dr. Old's inflated sense of self resulted in more of a psychic reading than anything based in medical science. She did not bother to review my labs, multiple ultrasounds or collect any real history at all before spouting out random possibilities and diagnoses based on whatever popped in her head. She then rushed out to care for a more exciting patient & actually prescribed me medications that counteract. Maybe my case just wasn't important enough to receive the quality care others describe.

March 26th, 2012
I Don't trust her
maybe its just me but i feel that she is rude.... big babies run in my family im going to have a big baby... her staff not only made me go through two 3 hour blood test for gestational diabetes but they didnt listen to me or the research i did that when you take a 1 hour glucose test your fasting blood sugar level has to be taken or you do not have anything to compare it to... she has made me cry more than once... she doesnt listen to me an i feel like she is going to try and push me to do what she wants for my birth plan instead of what i want to do.... this is my first kid and i have 4 weeks left i wanted to plan ahead and talk about my birth plan so if you had a problem with my plan i could find a doctor who wouldnt make me feel horrible about myself and tell me what i can and can not do with my own body... i see her later this week and if i dont feel like shes listening to me i will be finding a different doctor whether or not its hard to do so... i have never felt so judged or pushed around in my life... i wouldnt go to her if your pants size is bigger than 10 because shes just going to look at you like you have a weight problem and treat you as if your stupid because of it... i think shes rude, untrustworthy, pushy, and overall has made me not even want to show up for my appointments

December 12th, 2011
Mean
never answers your question and tells u what she wants you to do. otherwise she doesnt want to take care of you

October 5th, 2011
Life saving and trust worthy
I switched to Dr Olds in my 3rd trimester because i was having nightmares about my doctor. she was the only office who would take me. My daughter was born shoulder dystocia and Dr. Olds didn't wast anytime and me and my daughter had no complications. I also have my children with no medical interventions and Dr. Olds was accomodating to that. I trust her to be a doctor when its and emergency and allow me to birth when I need to. I had to get stiches because of the dystocia and I could not even tell, no pain no issues, no infection and she came to my room both days I was in hopsital to check on me and baby. Im having #3 and there is no one else I would want there with me. I had my first at another large office where I saw a different OB each time and ended up delivering with my least favorite. Its up to what you want out of the experience. Of course with a one doctor office you have to expect wait times, but a piece of mind during delivery is priceless.

August 28th, 2011
If you want a doctor who will spend time with you answering questions this is NOT the doctor for you. She is always late, even when you have the first appointment of the day! She is in way over her head in a one person practice and you will not get the attention you may need.As for her billing department they are the most incompetent/dishonest I have EVER had to deal with. Not filing claims, not refunding money due to me. Avoid this practice at all costs there are too many other competent doctors in the area to choose from!

August 1st, 2011
BEST OB/GYN in Virginia Beach
Dr. Olds is one of the most caring OBs in Virginia Beach. She makes uncomfortable situations comfortable,

May 28th, 2011
Would not recommend her
My experience was hOrrible. This was my first baby so I really wanted the full experience of dr appointments and having a caring dr. Here it's one big rush. NOt to mention it's a different nurse every week!! You wait in the room forever and she finally comes in after you have been sitting there naked forever and then she gives you all these stupid excuses as to why she was so late! When you ask a question she starts to answer it and then bounces around the question and starts talking about other stuff. Her first line when she walks into your room is "sorry I'm trying to Play catch up". if you are looking for a great experience and a real bonding caring dr do not go here!! She wants you in and out!!!

April 19th, 2011
Dr Olds is fantastic!
I have been with Dr. Olds for quite some time. She has helped me get past several miscarraiges during the first trimester and was very compassionate. Now she is helping me through a successful pregnancy at 5 months! I wouldn't want to go to any other doctor because Olds is so familiar with my history and knows exactly what I need and when. I would reccomend her to anyone I know who is expecting or planning to start a family.

April 13th, 2011
Best in her profession!
I've had several doctors through the years & never once felt obligated to "review" them; however, Dr. Olds is more than worthy of public praise. She is absolutely amazing. I met her via a mutual friend & I indicated that I was in need of a GYN, she gave me her card & making an appointment was so easy! Her staff new my name (I arrived on time that day) and took the time to explain my forms. I waited maybe 5 minutes to see Dr. Olds. She never made me feel stupid about the questions I had & took her time to explain things to me. She gave me choices & her recommendations for my overall health. I can't say that about any other doc I've had. She called me herself a week later to see how i was doing & that surprised me a lot. I have since referred family & friends & everyone loves her. I can't stop singing her praises..I hope she knows how grateful her patients are to have her!

March 17th, 2011
She's the best!!

January 24th, 2011
Not what the reviews say :(
I went to Dr. Olds because I wanted a personal experience with ONE doctor, and I wanted to know that she would be the person delivering my baby. I THOUGHT it would be like that but unfortunately it wasn't. Her office is tiny only 2 rooms, and in the beginning when she just kinda rushed me I thought well ok, there isn't too much to talk about in the beginning. But towards the end it was the same, no time for questions, she was literally in the room for 3 mins. By the time I realized she wasn't going to give me the experience I was hoping for, it was too late for me to switch practices. It really makes me sad because this was my first baby and I had alot of questions that she never gave me a chance to answer. She really has just bitten off more than she can chew, too many patients, plan on waiting at least 45 minutes or more! She didn't even come see me after I had my baby!!! If you want someone thats going to give you time to talk, and at least ACT like they care, don't go here!

September 30th, 2010
Great Doctor, full of tons of energy but still professional. The office is comfortable, clean and unlike any other. The staff is professional and courteous, I would highly recommend Dr.Olds!