Overall Review

3.8

July 23rd, 2016
I think Dr Palermo is a great doctor. However, in the last year the staff and including the office manager have been rude. I called with a condition of getting dizzy and had several falls. I had the most difficult time communicating with the front staff. This condition has still not been addressed since I was referred to a vascular surgeon who will not be able to see me 2 full months. They were very indifferent and do not communicate well. I called the other day for a refill of a blood pressure med. I allowed 2 business days. I never had a problem before, but this time I only had 6 pills left. I did not realize I was so low in this medication. When I called in the 2nd business day in the later afternoon to see why my pharmacy did not receive an order I then called the office and spoke with the office mgn and Liz. I was told it was not approved by the doctor and that the doctor was not there that day. I expressed my concern about waiting to Monday morning since I will not have this medication after Saturday evening, I was told there was nothing they could do that I should be aware I was getting low on this medication and should have called earlier. I always called three of four days before my medication needed a refill. I was treated very poorly and was inferred that I was lying. I really like Dr Palermo, but if something is not done with this poor staff, my husband and I will have to find another doctor.

July 13th, 2016
Practice Manager Of Cardiology at Penn
Working in the field I never come across such rude, unhelpful staff. I requested Medical Records for a new patient we were to see. The staff needed a HIPAA. Patient signed, I faxed was treated poorly by Liz in the office days later when inquiring when I should receive records on my end. She states they were unable to process before we were to see the patient.(2 weeks before appointment the records were requested) With extensive cardiac history and recent hospitalization the Penn doctor on staff agreed to see the patient. Liz in the interim told the patient they could not process until $38.00 was paid. This is a HIPAA violation for continuity of care sharing from office to office should be a courtesy. I spoke with Liz about the fee and she states she could not comment. I asked for a manager. I have now been calling every day for over a week and the manager Sharon must never work! However, I cannot comment on Dr. Palermo as I have yet to be able to even read an office note, let alone a plan of care for a patient we are now treating. If he is as good as some of these reviews depict, get new staff Dr. Palermo they will make or break your practice!

January 26th, 2016
Great Doctor
Awesome doctor and spends the time with you that is needed and not rushing you out the door. Staff was prompt and professional.

October 30th, 2015
This physician has a cold, indifferent manner. His staff is nice.

September 25th, 2014
outrageous
The staff at this office outrageously awful. Trying to schedule important tests that the Dr himself wanted done was unbelievably difficult. They wanted my mom yo wait three weeks to have the tests the Dr ordered urgent. I've never run across a more rude office staff. I would hope the Dr is not aware of how the staff treats his patients. My mom only saw him as a patient while in the hospital. We have never seen him at his office and we never will, because if the rudeness and uncaring office staff.

January 22nd, 2014
Awful office staff
If you want a heart attack, then deal with Dr. Palermo's staff. A nightmare!

September 15th, 2011
great doctor
Excellent bedside manner!He really cares!Love this guy!