Dr. Francis Amede MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

June 6th, 2015
OMG! Lord forbid if you're admitted via him through the ER. Mother was waiting to be discharged (she came in with shortness of breath 3 days ago..87yr.) Well, once told she was. okay to leave, needless to say she was excited. But having to wait 5 hours and him calling the nurse that same amount of time ago stating he was "on the way", started getting my mom anxious....shortness of breath....again. He had to write a prescription. Not to mention I had called earlier this week for him to call me, twice, and NEVER did.

February 11th, 2015
Dr. Amede worked miracles with my sister who has terminal cancer. Our communication was always via telephone. He always returned my calls in a timely manner and took time to listen, advise, and inform. His therapies for my sister were confirmed by his religious practice 'in all thy ways...' which was aligned with my beliefs. He is a phenomenal doctor and he has many patients in need of his expertise so I didn't feel offended that I never met him face to face. Communication via telephone was excellent, informative, and full of hope as therapies reversed other medical problems that really have proven to be helping my sister and family deal with her illness with more hope and reality as to where she is with such an illness. He made it clear that even though the cancer is still progressive, what things reversed would still help to sustain her and help family care more tolerable. Thank you Dr. Amede! You showed empathy that was really appreciated and needed.

January 25th, 2014
stay with what he knows and you're fine
Dr. amede knows a great deal about his specialties and what makes his own body work, beyond that if you have anything else he seems dumbfounded and unattentive. I do not care how much time he spent volunteering in South Africa. He also tends to get distracted and discourteous... aside from trial and error he still has much school and bedside to learn

May 29th, 2013
Best in hospital care ever
Dr. Amede provided the best, most personal care of any doctor in my 3 year history of fighting pancreatitis. He knew to supplement my IV's with enzymes so that I would not lose muscle mass; he made sure my pain meds were right; he spent time making sure he understood what was going on. He's from Trinidad, I'm from Houston, but by the end of that 10 day ordeal he seemed part of the family. University General provided the most prompt and reliable service of any of the five I have been to. Well worth the med center trip.

March 14th, 2012
ex patient
He started off being very caring but once he was questioned about the care and what was being done he changed.He made several diagnosis' and we never really new what the real problem was.The family was very disappointed when he would not take time to explain the care and was forced to remove love one from his care.We would not recommend him to anyone.

January 23rd, 2012
He show that he really concern and cares about his pts. I appreciate him taking the effort to make sure that his pts get what they need

August 5th, 2011
Unrealistic Medical Practices
Would not recommend to anyone.