A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Francis Arena:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Francis Arena is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Francis Arena, MD, FACP is board certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Breast Cancer
- LeukemiaLymphomaMyelomaMDS Breast Cancer Lung Cancer Cancer Education
- Lung Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma
- Multiple Myeloma
Education & Awards
Dr. Arena graduated from Cornell University, New York. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Arena has 23 hospital affiliations:
- NYU Hospitals Center
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Arena accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 9 plans
- United Healthcare - 18 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 36 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Cigna - 12 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 8 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Francis P. Arena practice?
Dr. Francis Arena practices Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Hematology & Oncology, Hematology, and Hematology near New Hyde Park, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Great Neck, NY and Howard Beach, NY.
See New Hyde Park Internists, New Hyde Park Oncologists, New Hyde Park Hematologists, and New Hyde Park Pathologists.