Dr. Francis Duggan Jr Is this you?

1.0

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Francis Duggan Jr?

Posted on September 20th, 2017

I have worked with Dr. Francis Duggan for several years, and he is the worst of the worst. He used to have a reputation as a decent urologist, but as he has aged (he is now over 80), he has become an absolutely deplorable human being and coworker. I have witnessed him yelling at patients and coworkers, and he regularly refers to all women as "useless dumb broads." He calls patients p*ssies when they request pain medication, boasting how he performed his own vasectomy with no anesthetic. His work is mediocre at best, and certainly doesn't make up for his horrendous bedside manner.

No bedside manner

Posted on February 22nd, 2016

I would never choose this doctor again. He was rude and obnoxious. He probably thinks the same thing about me. He was so furious that I insisted on being seen for dilation that he came into the waiting area to scream at me. Very unprofessional. He finally did the procedure but wasn't planning to use an anesthetic, which when I raised that issue he told me I didn't need it. Imagine having a metal rod inserted into your urethra without anesthesia. This was just a way to get back at me because I stood up to him. After this episode, I found another urologist. I could believe he was chair of the Urology Dept. at Pinnacle.

Uncaring

Posted on November 20th, 2012

I saw Dr. Duggan while he was chair of the Urology Dept. at Pinnacle. At that time I had moved from Erie to harrisburg and had been diagnosed with a urinary stricture. The treatment, which had worked very well, was urethral dilation. He refused to use this procedure and his staff was only able to get me an appt. two weeks away. I was used to dealing with a urologist that could get me in within one day when I was having pain. Because he waited to treat me with sounds, my pain became unbearable. When he finally agreed to treat the urethral condition, he wanted to do it without lidocaine. The pain would have been unbearable. I insisted on the lidocaine. The pain from the urethra subsided in about two days. He told me I was abusive for insisting on a shorter time for an appointment. He actually came into the waiting area and started screaming at me in front of a full waiting room. Basically, I refuse to be abused by any professional. He told me he wasn't going to see me again and I told him that is correct because I refused to be treated in such an unprofessional way by a physician. I should have reported him to the medical board for his conduct and lack of proper treatment.

Erectile Dysfunction