Emergency Physician

1.5

MISDIAGNOSIS CAUSED BLINDNESS DUE TO BRAIN TUMOR show details MISDIAGNOSIS CAUSED BLINDNESS DUE TO BRAIN TUMOR
Aug 17th, 2012

Went to the Germantown ER because of a MAJOR headache and vision problems being a previous brain tumor patient (6 yrs prior) had the same symptoms. Advised Fenaughty and staff of prior tumor. He never looked in eyes, throat, etc. Did run a CT scan but sent home with a "HEADACHE"! Really? Felt worse when left hospital. Gave narcotics when asked not to dispense such hard drugs. A week later went to another doctor who diagnosed a BRAIN TUMOR and lost 1/2 vision in left eye because it wasn't treated in a timely manner. He spent a maximum of about 2 minutes in the room during the hour and half I was there. The only time he was in room was when he was talking - never gave a chance for anyone else to ask questions. Now spent 18 days in different hospital and 5 lumbar punctures and looking at double eye surgery to decrease vision loss and probably will end up with brain surgery or brain shunt. Thanks for NOTHING doc! Should have been admitted to hospital immediately had he done a thorough exam as he stated he did in a letter after a complaint to the hospital.

Misdiagnosis costed us show details Misdiagnosis costed us
by Concerned parent on Sep 8th, 2009

The physician was at the Germantown Methodist ER. He told me that my infant's ears we ok - a day and a half later we took her to her normal doctor and her ears were severely inflamed to the point he gave her numbing ear drops. Even our dr said that this should have been caught by the ER doctor. I will not take my child to this ER again.