A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Francis Ferdinand:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Francis Ferdinand is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Francis Ferdinand, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
- Heart-Lung Transplantation
Education & Awards
Dr. Ferdinand graduated from University of Maryland , Baltimore. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Ferdinand has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Main Line Hospital Paoli
- Main Line Hospital Lankenau
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ferdinand accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Francis D. Ferdinand practice?
Dr. Francis Ferdinand practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Paoli, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Wynnewood, PA and Bryn Mawr, PA.
See Paoli Surgeons and Paoli Cardiothoracic Surgeons.