A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Francis Gaffney:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Francis Gaffney is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Gaffney
Atrial Fibrillation Patient Education Learn about atrial fibrillation and irregular heartbeat symptoms and treatments by reading the patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Gaffney Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Francis Gaffney, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Gaffney graduated from University of New Mexico , Albuquerque. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Gaffney has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Vanderbilt University Hospital
- Veterans Adm Hosp
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Francis Andrew Gaffney MD is a male Internist, has 39 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Francis A. Gaffney practice?
- Dr. Francis Gaffney has 3 office locations.
Dr. Francis Gaffney practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Nashville, TN.
See Nashville Internists and Nashville Cardiologists.