A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Francis Giardiello:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Francis Giardiello, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 19 areas:
- Colon Cancer
- Colon Cancer (Sigmoid Neoplasms)
- Colon Tumor (Adenomatous Polyps)
- Colonic Polyps
- Colorectal Cancer
- Gastrectomy (Stomach Removal)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Intestinal Polyps
- Intestine Cancer (Duodenal Neoplasm)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Peptic Ulcer
- Peutz-Jeghers Syndrome
- Stomach Cancer
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Giardiello graduated from Tufts University, Boston. He has 10 awards.
Dr. Giardiello has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Johns Hopkins Geriatrics Center
- Howard County General Hospital