Family Practitioner

Great doc but mean receptionists show details Great doc but mean receptionists
Jul 23rd, 2016

Doctor Noonan is awesome! He listens to the patient pretty good and is very polite. The nurses are great! However, it is sad the way the receptionists behave in the office. I think the one name is Dory and there is an older blonde that is even worse! I used to see Doc Noonan but no stopped seeing him because I actually fear some of them office ladies. Maybe I'm a weak person and I don't want to be mean I hope that my complaint may prompt Doc to evaluate if his staff is an asset to his practice. Over all Doc Noonan is a great man.

Jul 5th, 2016

stay away!! very rude office workers (most of them) and tries to charge lots of $$ for missed appt.

Doctor's Response

All missed appointments marked as "NO SHOWS" are charged a fee as permitted by law. It is the patient's responsibility to show for a scheduled appointment. Additionally, if a patient is insured there is a contractual obligation and responsibility on the patient to show up for scheduled appointments. Dr. Noonan has a waiting list of patients booked into the last week of September. Our financial policy and treatment consent forms clearly outline our expectations and our fee for missed appointments. A missed office visit is $25. When someone initially contacts our office to become an established patient, our office staff sends out a NEW PATIENT PACKET. That packet contains a copy of our financial policy as well as copies of consent forms for treatment. Individuals have time to read the policy and the consent forms prior to returning their demographic & insurance information. Patients are given an appointment for an initial visit. At the initial visit consent forms are signed by the patient and witnessed by a member of our staff. No one is required to sign the consent forms. If a patient declines to sign a consent form, treatment is not provided and the patient is free to seek treatment elsewhere. Our consent forms clearly state our expectations and our responsibilities as a healthcare provider. Patients who elect to participate in specific alternative treatments (nutritional approach) are required to sign consent forms for IV therapy treatments (which are nutritional and not paid by insurance). The consent forms clearly outline the patient's responsibility for arriving on time to receive an IV therapy treatment. Furthermore, if a patient fails to show, and does not cancel in advance, the IV therapy infusion must be discarded as it is prepared for each individual patient prior to the appointment time. Patient's have two opportunities to review the consent forms; once via the new patient information packet before becoming a patient, and finally on the day of their initial IV therapy. One of our staff clearly details the importance of calling in advance if the appointment must be canceled due to the cost of the infusion. If a patient fails to show for the appointment and/or fails to call to cancel, they consented to the financial responsibility associated with the alternative therapy. The patient will be billed for the missed IV therapy visit. Patient's know in advance to cancel, if they fail to do so, it's their financial responsibility to cover the cost of the discarded infusion. Due to the nature of the treatment (alternative), it is the patient's choice to participate in this type of approach. The consent form details the requirements and expectations. Additionally, Dr. Noonan requires appointments for medicine refills. We do not accept patient walk-ins when we have a full book of scheduled appointments. Dr. Noonan cannot simply write prescriptions for patients without having a face to face encounter. That is poor medical practice. Patients are required to show for the scheduled appointment time. As we have many patients waiting to see Dr. Noonan it is really a matter of common courtesy towards other individuals to show for a scheduled appointment. When someone fails to show up for an appointment and/or call to cancel an appointment, that is an appointment our staff could have given to someone who needed to see Dr. Noonan. Our policies are very clear and designed to protect you as a patient and also our liability and positive business practices here at Central PA Integrative Medicine. The consent forms were reviewed by The PA Medical Society for clarity. Dr. Noonan has a very busy practice. He prides himself in working with the patient and listening to their needs. It is essential that the office have policies that protect the patient and the physician. Should you have any questions regarding our policies, we welcome you to contact our office. Please direct your call to the office manager.

May 20th, 2016

Only had 1 visit so far but have faith in his knowledge and experience. Going to follow his protocol and see how we make out.

Office Staff show details Office Staff
Apr 7th, 2016

In response to the last post, it's very unfortunate that Dr. Noonan received an overall poor rating due to a phone conversation. Our staff at Central Pennsylvania Integrative Medicine receives training on answering basic Lyme Disease questions. No one other than Dr. Noonan is permitted to answer specific questions which may be taken as medical advice. Our office staff is very happy to book an appointment for medical questions to be answered by Dr. Frank Noonan. If you feel you have been mistreated by a staff member, you are welcome to contact our office manager to discuss such concerns. We appreciate receiving feedback from patients and potential patients to better serve the community. Unfortunately, our office administrator did not receive such a call regarding your post. Please have the individual who had a bad phone experience with one of our staff contact our office. We are here to serve the community with quality healthcare and a positive environment. Thank you

Mar 26th, 2016

I had a relative call Dr Noonan office and the person that answered the phone was very rude. So of course she did not make appointment I gave her some names of doctors that do care and office staff would be very polite and happy to be helping you. There is no reason to be rude. There are other Lyme doctors out there that are just as good or better.

First Doctor that understood my concerns show details First Doctor that understood my concerns
by Tina T on Mar 2nd, 2016

I have been dealing with symptoms of hypothyroidism for many years. I even have a goiter but because all my blood tests were "within range" no doctor wanted to treat me. Dr Noonon is treating me and I'm finally feeling myself again! A wonderful caring Doctor! Also, my son is being treated for Lyme disease and he is being treated adequately. This is a doctor I know can be trusted!

by Andrew on Jan 6th, 2016

Dr Noonan's experience and insight into Lyme and other tick related diseases makes him unique in identifying the acute problems that often go undiagnosed and treated. I suffered with the symptoms for over for years before being referred to him. Once he diagnosed and started treating me I began to see positive results within weeks.

saved my life show details saved my life
by jessica rockey on Dec 11th, 2015

very caring dr and awesome careing staff. must of gotten new staff since bad reviews. I was misdiagnes for lyme over 26 years had it since i was born got it from my mother YES LYME IS AN STD AND CAN BE PASSED FROM MOTHER TO CHILD IN THE WOMB AND BREAST MILK. now with a better lyme test i was finally diagnosed by dr noonan and am on the ROAD TO RECOVERY! getting my life back thank you Dr noonan

Dr. Noonan is the best show details Dr. Noonan is the best
by Patient on Nov 9th, 2015

I am so very grateful to have found this office! Dr Noonan has given my my life back after finally being able to diagnose Hypothyroidism and very low progesterone! I had seen several other Dr's to no avail! Dr Noonan is a God-send! The nurses are great! The nurses and receptionists are easy to work with - but I have found Janice who does the auto ship to be very rude! She won't admit that she misunderstood a person. And she doesn't always understand what is going on. Make sure that you re-confirm what you tell her with the receptionists.

Lyme show details Lyme
by Shane on Nov 3rd, 2015

This doctor has given me new hope to life! I have been struggling with Lyme babs and Bart! With heart issues due to them. This man is very positive and I believe he has me on the right track! I stay positive and look and hope for a full recovery and I can't think of someone I would trust more!

He is the best! show details He is the best!
by Nanci on Oct 10th, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Noonan for over 30 years. I hate to think about the day he retires! He is the best!!!

Dr. is kind, but receptionist are horrible! show details Dr. is kind, but receptionist are horrible!
Sep 27th, 2015

Dr. Noonan is very kind and compassionate and spends plenty of time with you during your visit, but the receptionists are a nightmare. They are so rude! They act like every question you have is the dumbest question in the world and are not compassionate AT ALL. If I had another option I wouldn't go there, just because of the receptionists. Avoid calling the office with questions or concerns at ALL costs! Honestly, with different receptionists, the appointment would actually be enjoyable. It is nice to have a doctor that listens to you and really seems to care. He goes above and beyond with making you feel comfortable!

by Denise J. Weaver on Jun 4th, 2015

outstanding in every way.....he and his staff are saving my life

Best doc ever show details Best doc ever
Apr 20th, 2015

Amazing doc. Gave me my life back. Secretary isn't nice but doesn't matter, doc is

by Barbara Smith on Dec 31st, 2014

What a wonderful caring Dr. Spends time with you and is very thorough. Glad we found him.

by Janice Witmer on Dec 26th, 2014

Dr. Noonan is an exceptional doctor! He has given me a new understanding and treatment plan for my illness when previous doctors have been pushing my symptoms aside for countless years.

Grateful for treatment of my Lyme Disease show details Grateful for treatment of my Lyme Disease
by JR on Apr 5th, 2014

I have had Lyme Disease for 3 years. It has affected me psychologically, and the relapses have been brutal. I had a lumbar puncture and MRI to test and look for signs of the bacteria. Of course nothing was found. Someone recommended Dr. Noonan and I made the appointment. He diagnosed me with a coinfection(Bartonella), and started me on double dose of antibiotics for 3 months. I feel so much better, like I did before the Lyme. I believe Dr. Noonan is a great doctor. I would recommend him to anyone. Very knowledgeable about disease and treatment.

Mark as Helpful  | 12 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Feb 19th, 2014

Finally, a doctor that has a clue! After 10 years of experiencing symptoms of an abnormal lifestyle, I am finally receiving true treatment. I have been to countless doctors to which most have drew a conclusion that I was depressed. How frustrating. I knew in my heart that ever since I had my son, something wasn't right. I experienced extreme fatigue, tendon issues, my blood pressure would drop to 88/49 (which some doctors would tell me that could be normal for me) even though I use to run 116/90 my whole life BEFORE having my son. I became allergic to several things and my heart would race. Labor day of 2013 I was rushed to an emergency room with heart rate over 200 yet my blood pressure was so low, was also in AFIB and the medications were not getting me out of it. No doctor could come to a conclusion. A friend recommended I see Dr. Noonan thinking that perhaps I may have Lyme. Took me several weeks until his office had a opening (apparently others know how great his is too) however, Dr. Noonan spent quiet sometime asking me lots of questions. He said he didn't feel as if I had Lyme. I wanted him to take the test anyways (to rule it out) and sure enough I didn't have it. Dr. Noonan felt it to be an issue with my glands. I showed him several papers indicating my tests have mostly all come back normal regarding my glands. He said, "with all due respect to these results" I would like to do more specific testing that are more accurate. (unfortunately my insurance didn't cover it) but I didn't care, I wanted to get to the bottom of it. And sure enough the test results showed a huge issue that was causing all my symptoms. Since then, Dr. Noonan has me on a natural treatment plan that yes is costly, HOWEVER, IT IS WORKING!!! I have to admit, I was hoping to just be able to take a magic pill (prescription) that would overnight just turn me back to normal. Dr. Noonan explained that he has not seen good success with prescription drugs out there for this issues and the side effects outweigh the benefits, After studying up on all he had shared...I am happy to say I have found thousands of documents upon documents supporting his diagnosis as well as his suggestions. I have since referred friends with different yet similar issues whom all have been extremely impressed and pleased with the outcome as well as are getting better. By far, Dr. Noonan has the best bedside manners I have ever witnessed and that is no small compliment, it takes a lot to impress me especially after all I have been through! I highly recommend if there is anyone out there who is suffering and not getting any answers to seek out Dr. Noonan office. I don't claim him to be a "miracle doctor" but I do claim him to be a doctor with an open mind who will truly take the time to listen to your situation and not slap a label on you when or if he doesn't have an answer. Someone who doesn't see things in black & white, that knows that sometimes, not all things are as they may appear and to keep looking.

Mark as Helpful  | 12 people found this helpful Report Abuse
An example of what every doctor should be show details An example of what every doctor should be
by B. C. on Nov 18th, 2013

Top-notch doctor. Does not overtreat and does not undertreat either. I was ill with Lyme, Babs, and Bart. Diagnosed with heart issues from lyme also. Once we treated the lyme which was my main affliction - the others dropped off. Was initially told might have to get a port put in but thanks to integrative therapy I didn't. Did 4.5 months of oral abx herbs and I have been off antibiotics for 3 months now and still doing well. I know if I do get sick again...I can go back to Noonan. Noonan and his office staff are a blessing and true life-saver to many. I waited a long time to write this review because I am someone that likes to wait before I do so I have an entire picture. Even if you worry - like I did, this is a doctor you can trust though it might take some time to figure that out.

Great doctor! show details Great doctor!
by Anon on Oct 16th, 2013

Not every patient has Lyme Disease! I did not have it, even though I was convinced I did have it. My test from California was negative. Dr. Noonan helped me to find a specialist to address my problems which seemed a lot like Lyme. He was a very nice man. Extremely friendly and very informative. It's unfortunate when people have to resort to name calling and hurting the reputation of a professional who is genuine!

Pleased! show details Pleased!
May 21st, 2013

My experience with Dr. Noonan and his staff has been nothing but pleasant and accommodating. They went out of their way to get me in as quickly as possible and have been caring and compassionate during a difficult and trying time. I am making progress with my care and am thankful for Dr. Noonan's calm and reassuring manner.

Jan 31st, 2013

Wonderful doctor and staff. Very friendly, helpful and always smiling. I felt in good hands under dr noonans care.

Nov 28th, 2012

first thing, dr noonan asked 'tell me your story'. wow. AND he listened to it for as long as it took to tell. then he began in earnest to diagnos, explain, and treat. i left feeling hopeful for the first time in a long while.

Hopeful for a good quality of life show details Hopeful for a good quality of life
Oct 31st, 2012

Misdiagnosed for over a year by other doctors. Was told that my quality of life would be poor. I felt like a Zombie with new symptoms everyday. I did my own research and came across Dr. Noonan, who diagnosed me with lyme and Bartonella. Dr. Noonan made me feel comfortable. But I had my guard up because I have seen other doctors who gave me faith that they would help. Dr. Noonan was the right choice. After 12 weeks of treatment I felt human again, less pain, headaches gone, jaw pain gone, fever gone, prolactin levels back to normal, vision back to normal, etc. I'm not completely back to normal but I believe my quality of life is not going to be poor because of Dr. Noonan and his knowledge. Yes, some staff my be a little grumpy but Dr. Noonan and Jill are the ones you deal with the most and they are wonderful.

Over all vist show details Over all vist
Sep 18th, 2012

Dr. Frank Noonan was great, he is a life save to my family and I. He had the experience as well as the guts, to diagnose me w/Lyme Disease. I've battled many non believer Doc's and year's, as well as lots of money! Franks office workers are a lil sloppy and rood at time's. But they'll be working on that soon!

Incredible Doctor show details Incredible Doctor
Aug 4th, 2012

Over the last few months I have been struggling with Lyme disease. I have been to numerous doctors and have been on anti-biotics for about five months but they just aren't getting me better. I have also been told by doctors that I should just "feel better by now" and "maybe you are depressed and its all in your head." I can tell you that isn't the case. Dr. Noonan was the first doctor who took time with me. He listened to my struggle and finally diagnosed me. I am so grateful i found him. Even though i had to wait a month and a half for an appointment he was well-worth the wait and I would gladly do it again. I would HIGHLY recommend him for any patient who has Lyme disease.

Caring & Compassionate Physician & Staff show details Caring & Compassionate Physician & Staff
Jul 3rd, 2012

I have known Dr. Noonan as a patient for a long time. He is a kind and caring physician. He has given me so much help and support with my problems. Not only does he have a great bedside manner, but he also is very good at diagnosing problems. I visited a number of docs before a friend suggested Dr. Noonan to me. I also have to say that the office staff has always been very kind and accommodating of my every need. They even told me to call if I have further questions or problems. This doc is one-of-a-kind! If you are looking for a doctor that knows his stuff, then look no further. Not sure about all those others negative comments. I have never had a problem with Dr. Noonan or his staff and I have been a patient for several years.

Not a good choice unless you are desperate or early stage Lyme. show details Not a good choice unless you are desperate or early stage Lyme.
Jun 26th, 2012

Staff is rude and uncaring. Refused to assist me with my IRS audit by providing me with a total of a past year's costs. Got lost on way to his office driving from Philadelphia and was accused of lying. He overstates his expertise with Chronic Lyme patients and pushes his own costly therapies.

Doctor's Response

The office staff always provides an itemized superbill and any receipts at the time of payment. It is the patient's responsibility to maintain those records. We will provide copies of previous years payments that includes a record retrieval fee due to the amount of time involved in procuring them.

Jun 18th, 2012

I have had 4 interactions with this office - making the appointment, day of appointment, calling for blood results & calling again for blood results. One of those interactions was decent. The office staff (at least two of the females) are RUDE and failed to call with results that they scolded me for calling about a month after my visit. I have to go back unfortunately but will look elsewhere for treatment. Doctor may be considered good - I'm not seeing anything special though.

May 9th, 2012

I have had Lyme disease for 10 years.I found Dr. Noonan one year ago....he diagnosed my co-infection as well. This doctor and his staff have saved my life.Dr. Noonan is up-to date in diagnosis and treatment. His staff are my angels.He is active in the latest research and a member of Illiads. His bedside manner, empathy and wonderful personality are the icing on the cake. These folks are heaven sent and have given my life back to me.

First visit show details First visit
Feb 6th, 2012

Dr. Noonan and his staff were very professional and knowledgeable. Feel very comfortable with him.

Total Loving Care show details Total Loving Care
Sep 13th, 2011

Doctor Noonan saved my life. He has been treating me for Lyme for about 5 months. Before I went to see him I had been passed around to 8 different doctors all of which had a different method for treating me. All of their methods worked initially but my illness came back worse each time I was taken off antibiotics. Within 1 month of treatment with Doctor Noonan I could walk without a limp again. Doctor Noonan has spend his career researching and learning about Lyme Disease so that he can help as many people as he can who are affected by it. I think he feels like it is his personal mission in life. He is doing a wonderful job and I literally owe him my life. Before him my quality of life was maybe a 3 at best, now a 10. Please do not wait to see him!!

Rated HIGH by a RN show details Rated HIGH by a RN
Aug 31st, 2011

Dr Noonan is professional and personable. He really listens to your input during your appointment and you never feel rushed. He has a holistic approach to medicine and know when to make referrals to accomadate you medical needs. Stellar Dr. The office staff is spectacular and accomadating as well. What a great team and great experience.

A MUST SEE doc esp for LYME DISEASE show details A MUST SEE doc esp for LYME DISEASE
Feb 16th, 2011

Nobody could tell me what was wrong with me until i found Lifestyles natural medicine and the office currently of Dr Noonan & i was diagnosed w/ very high levels of Lyme Disease. They do an excellent job of taking care and following up w/ the patients.

good lyme doctor show details good lyme doctor
Nov 3rd, 2010

The first doctor to listen, to care and to help fight this horrible disease. If you are a lyme patient and are ready to take on this disease and cure it, come see Dr. Noonan.

Aug 31st, 2009

Dr. Noonan is great! Very caring and professional. He takes the time to listen to his patients. He also has a great personality. He's a very happy, whistle while you work type of guy.