Frank C Noonan DO Patient Reviews

• 39 reviews

November 4th, 2016
Recently had an appointment with Dr. Noonan. I found him to be very knowledgeable on lyme disease. He was very nice, and the staff was very accommodating.

October 27th, 2016
Rude office staff: VERY TRUE
I was a medical secretary myself; when I attempted to gain an appt., I filled out all the paperwork and attempted to FAX it to Dr. Noonan's office multiple times with no success. When I followed up with a phone call, the woman answering the phones was curt and cold, telling me "We have been getting faxes all morning!" and berated me for not sending in all the paperwork. The words she used may not have been rude, but her TONE was extremely cold, unkind, and accusatory. Shocked by the treatment I received, I looked up these reviews and realized I am not the only person who felt that Dr. Noonan's office staff need some remedial training on basic human kindness! If I treated anyone like this at my work...I'd be fired.

October 13th, 2016
Excellent Service from a Caring Doctor
Do to his knowledge of Lyme Disease and the coinfections, it is hard to get in as a new patient, but once you do, you have a very caring Doctor along with knowledgeable staff that help you on your way to a good recovery. Lymes is not something you recover from overnight, but we can tell that the treatment is helping.

August 31st, 2016
I highly recommend Dr. Noonan. He is a classical trained DO, yet open to alternative ideas and therapies. You will appreciate his bedside manner. He helped me to address recurrent miscarriage, after other Dr. dismissed it and gave me no hope.

July 27th, 2016
Great Lyme Literate doctor
My only complaint is the staff can be a little cold at times. Dr. Noonan is NOT cold.

July 23rd, 2016
Great doc but mean receptionists
Doctor Noonan is awesome! He listens to the patient pretty good and is very polite. The nurses are great! However, it is sad the way the receptionists behave in the office. I think the one name is Dory and there is an older blonde that is even worse! I used to see Doc Noonan but no stopped seeing him because I actually fear some of them office ladies. Maybe I'm a weak person and I don't want to be mean I hope that my complaint may prompt Doc to evaluate if his staff is an asset to his practice. Over all Doc Noonan is a great man.
Doctor's Response

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding our office staff. Unfortunately, your concerns were never shared with Dr. Noonan while you were a patient here at Central PA Integrative Medicine or you would not have written such a defamatory review. We take all complaints and suggestions very seriously. Our office makes every attempt to provide a compassionate atmosphere. Dori is not a receptionist or front office staff. If you had dealings with her it was likely a follow up to a billing problem, accounts receivable, collections, etc. It's very important for any individual to carefully read the reviews and understand that there are usually two sides to every review. What many reviewers won't disclose is why they had a problem with the office staff. Most often if our staff does not connect a caller to Dr. Noonan immediately, or enforces a policy which the patient does not like, the office and/or office staff receives a bad review. One issue we encounter quite often is patients calling in for medicine refills, but wish to forego a visit with Dr. Noonan. Our staff has been trained carefully and specifically to decline a refill request and schedule an appointment for the patient requesting a medicine refill. They are doing their job as Dr. Noonan has requested. If you read many of the reviews there seems to be a common theme. Either the patient is very happy with their care and the staff is wonderful, or the patient is unhappy due to a staff member following the expectations of their job. If a reviewer wishes to post, it's their choice, however, please disclose the issue in a specific manner so others may get a complete picture of how our staff handled a problem. You are very welcome to contact our office to discuss this review.

July 5th, 2016
stay away!! very rude office workers (most of them) and tries to charge lots of $$ for missed appt.
Doctor's Response

All missed appointments marked as "NO SHOWS" are charged a fee as permitted by law. It is the patient's responsibility to show for a scheduled appointment. Additionally, if a patient is insured there is a contractual obligation and responsibility on the patient to show up for scheduled appointments. Dr. Noonan has a waiting list of patients booked into the last week of September. Our financial policy and treatment consent forms clearly outline our expectations and our fee for missed appointments. A missed office visit is $25. When someone initially contacts our office to become an established patient, our office staff sends out a NEW PATIENT PACKET. That packet contains a copy of our financial policy as well as copies of consent forms for treatment. Individuals have time to read the policy and the consent forms prior to returning their demographic & insurance information. Patients are given an appointment for an initial visit. At the initial visit consent forms are signed by the patient and witnessed by a member of our staff. No one is required to sign the consent forms. If a patient declines to sign a consent form, treatment is not provided and the patient is free to seek treatment elsewhere. Our consent forms clearly state our expectations and our responsibilities as a healthcare provider. Patients who elect to participate in specific alternative treatments (nutritional approach) are required to sign consent forms for IV therapy treatments (which are nutritional and not paid by insurance). The consent forms clearly outline the patient's responsibility for arriving on time to receive an IV therapy treatment. Furthermore, if a patient fails to show, and does not cancel in advance, the IV therapy infusion must be discarded as it is prepared for each individual patient prior to the appointment time. Patient's have two opportunities to review the consent forms; once via the new patient information packet before becoming a patient, and finally on the day of their initial IV therapy. One of our staff clearly details the importance of calling in advance if the appointment must be canceled due to the cost of the infusion. If a patient fails to show for the appointment and/or fails to call to cancel, they consented to the financial responsibility associated with the alternative therapy. The patient will be billed for the missed IV therapy visit. Patient's know in advance to cancel, if they fail to do so, it's their financial responsibility to cover the cost of the discarded infusion. Due to the nature of the treatment (alternative), it is the patient's choice to participate in this type of approach. The consent form details the requirements and expectations. Additionally, Dr. Noonan requires appointments for medicine refills. We do not accept patient walk-ins when we have a full book of scheduled appointments. Dr. Noonan cannot simply write prescriptions for patients without having a face to face encounter. That is poor medical practice. Patients are required to show for the scheduled appointment time. As we have many patients waiting to see Dr. Noonan it is really a matter of common courtesy towards other individuals to show for a scheduled appointment. When someone fails to show up for an appointment and/or call to cancel an appointment, that is an appointment our staff could have given to someone who needed to see Dr. Noonan. Our policies are very clear and designed to protect you as a patient and also our liability and positive business practices here at Central PA Integrative Medicine. The consent forms were reviewed by The PA Medical Society for clarity. Dr. Noonan has a very busy practice. He prides himself in working with the patient and listening to their needs. It is essential that the office have policies that protect the patient and the physician. Should you have any questions regarding our policies, we welcome you to contact our office. Please direct your call to the office manager.

May 20th, 2016
Only had 1 visit so far but have faith in his knowledge and experience. Going to follow his protocol and see how we make out.

April 7th, 2016
Office Staff
In response to the last post, it's very unfortunate that Dr. Noonan received an overall poor rating due to a phone conversation. Our staff at Central Pennsylvania Integrative Medicine receives training on answering basic Lyme Disease questions. No one other than Dr. Noonan is permitted to answer specific questions which may be taken as medical advice. Our office staff is very happy to book an appointment for medical questions to be answered by Dr. Frank Noonan. If you feel you have been mistreated by a staff member, you are welcome to contact our office manager to discuss such concerns. We appreciate receiving feedback from patients and potential patients to better serve the community. Unfortunately, our office administrator did not receive such a call regarding your post. Please have the individual who had a bad phone experience with one of our staff contact our office. We are here to serve the community with quality healthcare and a positive environment. Thank you

March 26th, 2016
I had a relative call Dr Noonan office and the person that answered the phone was very rude. So of course she did not make appointment I gave her some names of doctors that do care and office staff would be very polite and happy to be helping you. There is no reason to be rude. There are other Lyme doctors out there that are just as good or better.

March 2nd, 2016
First Doctor that understood my concerns
I have been dealing with symptoms of hypothyroidism for many years. I even have a goiter but because all my blood tests were "within range" no doctor wanted to treat me. Dr Noonon is treating me and I'm finally feeling myself again! A wonderful caring Doctor! Also, my son is being treated for Lyme disease and he is being treated adequately. This is a doctor I know can be trusted!

January 6th, 2016
Dr Noonan's experience and insight into Lyme and other tick related diseases makes him unique in identifying the acute problems that often go undiagnosed and treated. I suffered with the symptoms for over for years before being referred to him. Once he diagnosed and started treating me I began to see positive results within weeks.