Family Practitioner

420 W Lincoln Ave
Myerstown, PA 17067
717-866-0055
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
 |  Grateful for treatment of my Lyme Disease  |  show details
by JR on Apr 5th, 2014

I have had Lyme Disease for 3 years. It has affected me psychologically, and the relapses have been brutal. I had a lumbar puncture and MRI to test and look for signs of the bacteria. Of course nothing was found. Someone recommended Dr. Noonan and I made the appointment. He diagnosed me with a coinfection(Bartonella), and started me on double dose of antibiotics for 3 months. I feel so much better, like I did before the Lyme. I believe Dr. Noonan is a great doctor. I would recommend him to anyone. Very knowledgeable about disease and treatment.

Feb 19th, 2014

Finally, a doctor that has a clue! After 10 years of experiencing symptoms of an abnormal lifestyle, I am finally receiving true treatment. I have been to countless doctors to which most have drew a conclusion that I was depressed. How frustrating. I knew in my heart that ever since I had my son, something wasn't right. I experienced extreme fatigue, tendon issues, my blood pressure would drop to 88/49 (which some doctors would tell me that could be normal for me) even though I use to run 116/90 my whole life BEFORE having my son. I became allergic to several things and my heart would race. Labor day of 2013 I was rushed to an emergency room with heart rate over 200 yet my blood pressure was so low, was also in AFIB and the medications were not getting me out of it. No doctor could come to a conclusion. A friend recommended I see Dr. Noonan thinking that perhaps I may have Lyme. Took me several weeks until his office had a opening (apparently others know how great his is too) however, Dr. Noonan spent quiet sometime asking me lots of questions. He said he didn't feel as if I had Lyme. I wanted him to take the test anyways (to rule it out) and sure enough I didn't have it. Dr. Noonan felt it to be an issue with my glands. I showed him several papers indicating my tests have mostly all come back normal regarding my glands. He said, "with all due respect to these results" I would like to do more specific testing that are more accurate. (unfortunately my insurance didn't cover it) but I didn't care, I wanted to get to the bottom of it. And sure enough the test results showed a huge issue that was causing all my symptoms. Since then, Dr. Noonan has me on a natural treatment plan that yes is costly, HOWEVER, IT IS WORKING!!! I have to admit, I was hoping to just be able to take a magic pill (prescription) that would overnight just turn me back to normal. Dr. Noonan explained that he has not seen good success with prescription drugs out there for this issues and the side effects outweigh the benefits, After studying up on all he had shared...I am happy to say I have found thousands of documents upon documents supporting his diagnosis as well as his suggestions. I have since referred friends with different yet similar issues whom all have been extremely impressed and pleased with the outcome as well as are getting better. By far, Dr. Noonan has the best bedside manners I have ever witnessed and that is no small compliment, it takes a lot to impress me especially after all I have been through! I highly recommend if there is anyone out there who is suffering and not getting any answers to seek out Dr. Noonan office. I don't claim him to be a "miracle doctor" but I do claim him to be a doctor with an open mind who will truly take the time to listen to your situation and not slap a label on you when or if he doesn't have an answer. Someone who doesn't see things in black & white, that knows that sometimes, not all things are as they may appear and to keep looking.

|  An example of what every doctor should be  |  show details
by B. C. on Nov 18th, 2013

Top-notch doctor. Does not overtreat and does not undertreat either. I was ill with Lyme, Babs, and Bart. Diagnosed with heart issues from lyme also. Once we treated the lyme which was my main affliction - the others dropped off. Was initially told might have to get a port put in but thanks to integrative therapy I didn't. Did 4.5 months of oral abx herbs and I have been off antibiotics for 3 months now and still doing well. I know if I do get sick again...I can go back to Noonan. Noonan and his office staff are a blessing and true life-saver to many. I waited a long time to write this review because I am someone that likes to wait before I do so I have an entire picture. Even if you worry - like I did, this is a doctor you can trust though it might take some time to figure that out.

|  Great doctor!  |  show details
by Anon on Oct 16th, 2013

Not every patient has Lyme Disease! I did not have it, even though I was convinced I did have it. My test from California was negative. Dr. Noonan helped me to find a specialist to address my problems which seemed a lot like Lyme. He was a very nice man. Extremely friendly and very informative. It's unfortunate when people have to resort to name calling and hurting the reputation of a professional who is genuine!

|  Finally an accurate diagnosis!  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2013

I never usually write reviews, but my experience with Dr. Noonan and his practice has saved my life! For nearly a year, I have been so sick with over 15 doctors misdiagnosing me. From migraines to vertigo, to its "all in your head!!" I was nearly bed ridden at times and almost lost my job, my house, and everything I lived for. I began to search for answers myself. I realized that lyme disease was a growing epidemic in my area and looked into it. I finally was recommend to Dr. Noonan and right away he believed I had Lyme. Did the testing and FINALLY I found the answer to my illness. My test was positive my Lyme disease. Dr. Noonan is very knowlageable about this disease and I am blessed to have found him.

|  Pleased!  |  show details
May 21st, 2013

My experience with Dr. Noonan and his staff has been nothing but pleasant and accommodating. They went out of their way to get me in as quickly as possible and have been caring and compassionate during a difficult and trying time. I am making progress with my care and am thankful for Dr. Noonan's calm and reassuring manner.

Jan 31st, 2013

Wonderful doctor and staff. Very friendly, helpful and always smiling. I felt in good hands under dr noonans care.

Nov 28th, 2012

first thing, dr noonan asked 'tell me your story'. wow. AND he listened to it for as long as it took to tell. then he began in earnest to diagnos, explain, and treat. i left feeling hopeful for the first time in a long while.

|  Hopeful for a good quality of life  |  show details
Oct 31st, 2012

Misdiagnosed for over a year by other doctors. Was told that my quality of life would be poor. I felt like a Zombie with new symptoms everyday. I did my own research and came across Dr. Noonan, who diagnosed me with lyme and Bartonella. Dr. Noonan made me feel comfortable. But I had my guard up because I have seen other doctors who gave me faith that they would help. Dr. Noonan was the right choice. After 12 weeks of treatment I felt human again, less pain, headaches gone, jaw pain gone, fever gone, prolactin levels back to normal, vision back to normal, etc. I'm not completely back to normal but I believe my quality of life is not going to be poor because of Dr. Noonan and his knowledge. Yes, some staff my be a little grumpy but Dr. Noonan and Jill are the ones you deal with the most and they are wonderful.

|  Not a better doctor in Central PA!!!!!  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2012

After 4 years of other doctors unsuccessfully trying to find out what was wrong with my teenager, Dr. Noonan properly diagnosed and treated my child. Prior to seeing Dr. Noonan, my child was so sick she had to stop going to school. I can't tell you how thankful I am for Dr. Noonan!!!!! He had excellent bedside manner and always calmed both of us. He always had time to listen. His nurses were also amazing especially Jill. The receptionist wasn't always pleasant and she was slow. Dr. Noonan accepted BC /BS. Someone referenced his costly therapy this if far less expensive than the costs of doctors that don't take insurance. My child experienced positive results immediately after the therapy. I can't say enough about how great Dr. Noonan is!!!!!

|  Over all vist  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2012

Dr. Frank Noonan was great, he is a life save to my family and I. He had the experience as well as the guts, to diagnose me w/Lyme Disease. I've battled many non believer Doc's and year's, as well as lots of money! Franks office workers are a lil sloppy and rood at time's. But they'll be working on that soon!

Sep 4th, 2012

Dr. Noonan is a wonderful doctor with knowledge of lyme disease and its co-infections. Isn't as knowledgeable as I would like him to be on these conditions. I and a few family members have been in treatment for over a year and haven't made as much progress as I had hoped. We have chronic lyme along with bartonella. It is very challenging for the doc and us. He is doing his best and we have made improvements, we were just hoping to be a little further along. The insomnia is the one symptom that is a real challenge. We will keep trying.His wife and mother in law, who both work in the office can be very impatient, short and unsympathetic at times. Once you get past them and get to see doctor Noonan you will feel much relief because he is not like that at all.

|  Poor customer service a rude receptionist  |  show details
Aug 13th, 2012

We drove twice at 1 1/2 hrs. each way to this doctor's office to have blood work done to test for Lyme's Disease. Before coming to this office, we called on July 2nd 2012 and got the hours & information of what to do to get tested in July. We were told that on certain days & during certain hours that we could just walk in to have the blood test done to check for Lyme's Disease. I said that we may come up the following week. They didn't bother to tell us that the following week they would not be open. We found out upon arriving to the office. The only day that she told me they were closed was for the 4th of July. The second visit, they were open, but told us they have changed how they do their testing & refused to do the blood work after we had travelled for the second time up there. On top of it, the receptionist was extremely rude even when we told her that this was our second trip up and how long it took us to get there. She couldn't even be bothered to come to the window to greet us. After 15 minutes, I knocked on the window and she needed me to wait as she was busy with something. She finally came to the window and was rude & impatient. She even said look, I have to answer the phone and didn't want to help us with this situation after we had travelled 1 1/2 hours to get there for nothing. What an awful way to run a business!!

Mark as Helpful  | 12 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Doctor's Response

It's always a good idea to confirm the office is open before driving a long distance if you do not have an appointment scheduled. Dr. Noonan regularly posts when he will be out of the office.

|  Incredible Doctor  |  show details
Aug 4th, 2012

Over the last few months I have been struggling with Lyme disease. I have been to numerous doctors and have been on anti-biotics for about five months but they just aren't getting me better. I have also been told by doctors that I should just "feel better by now" and "maybe you are depressed and its all in your head." I can tell you that isn't the case. Dr. Noonan was the first doctor who took time with me. He listened to my struggle and finally diagnosed me. I am so grateful i found him. Even though i had to wait a month and a half for an appointment he was well-worth the wait and I would gladly do it again. I would HIGHLY recommend him for any patient who has Lyme disease.

|  Caring & Compassionate Physician & Staff  |  show details
Jul 3rd, 2012

I have known Dr. Noonan as a patient for a long time. He is a kind and caring physician. He has given me so much help and support with my problems. Not only does he have a great bedside manner, but he also is very good at diagnosing problems. I visited a number of docs before a friend suggested Dr. Noonan to me. I also have to say that the office staff has always been very kind and accommodating of my every need. They even told me to call if I have further questions or problems. This doc is one-of-a-kind! If you are looking for a doctor that knows his stuff, then look no further. Not sure about all those others negative comments. I have never had a problem with Dr. Noonan or his staff and I have been a patient for several years.

|  Not a good choice unless you are desperate or early stage Lyme.  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2012

Staff is rude and uncaring. Refused to assist me with my IRS audit by providing me with a total of a past year's costs. Got lost on way to his office driving from Philadelphia and was accused of lying. He overstates his expertise with Chronic Lyme patients and pushes his own costly therapies.

Doctor's Response

The office staff always provides an itemized superbill and any receipts at the time of payment. It is the patient's responsibility to maintain those records. We will provide copies of previous years payments that includes a record retrieval fee due to the amount of time involved in procuring them.

Jun 18th, 2012

I have had 4 interactions with this office - making the appointment, day of appointment, calling for blood results & calling again for blood results. One of those interactions was decent. The office staff (at least two of the females) are RUDE and failed to call with results that they scolded me for calling about a month after my visit. I have to go back unfortunately but will look elsewhere for treatment. Doctor may be considered good - I'm not seeing anything special though.

May 9th, 2012

I have had Lyme disease for 10 years.I found Dr. Noonan one year ago....he diagnosed my co-infection as well. This doctor and his staff have saved my life.Dr. Noonan is up-to date in diagnosis and treatment. His staff are my angels.He is active in the latest research and a member of Illiads. His bedside manner, empathy and wonderful personality are the icing on the cake. These folks are heaven sent and have given my life back to me.

|  First visit  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2012

Dr. Noonan and his staff were very professional and knowledgeable. Feel very comfortable with him.

|  Total Loving Care  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2011

Doctor Noonan saved my life. He has been treating me for Lyme for about 5 months. Before I went to see him I had been passed around to 8 different doctors all of which had a different method for treating me. All of their methods worked initially but my illness came back worse each time I was taken off antibiotics. Within 1 month of treatment with Doctor Noonan I could walk without a limp again. Doctor Noonan has spend his career researching and learning about Lyme Disease so that he can help as many people as he can who are affected by it. I think he feels like it is his personal mission in life. He is doing a wonderful job and I literally owe him my life. Before him my quality of life was maybe a 3 at best, now a 10. Please do not wait to see him!!

|  Rated HIGH by a RN  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2011

Dr Noonan is professional and personable. He really listens to your input during your appointment and you never feel rushed. He has a holistic approach to medicine and know when to make referrals to accomadate you medical needs. Stellar Dr. The office staff is spectacular and accomadating as well. What a great team and great experience.

May 24th, 2011

I have some knowledge of Lyme and found Dr Noonan to be very well informed in this most complex disease.

|  A MUST SEE doc esp for LYME DISEASE  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2011

Nobody could tell me what was wrong with me until i found Lifestyles natural medicine and the office currently of Dr Noonan & i was diagnosed w/ very high levels of Lyme Disease. They do an excellent job of taking care and following up w/ the patients.

|  good lyme doctor  |  show details
Nov 3rd, 2010

The first doctor to listen, to care and to help fight this horrible disease. If you are a lyme patient and are ready to take on this disease and cure it, come see Dr. Noonan.

by Dr David Parker on Nov 17th, 2009 on citysearch.com

I went to a seminar he taught and it was great. If you have a chance to go to any of his classes or need a Doctor... I highly recommend him.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Great Doctor who really cares!  |  show details
by Dr David Parker at Citysearch on Nov 17th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Aug 31st, 2009

Dr. Noonan is great! Very caring and professional. He takes the time to listen to his patients. He also has a great personality. He's a very happy, whistle while you work type of guy.

|  A truely great Doctor! Diagnosed me after months of tests  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Mar 26th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I have had months of tests along with pain and agony...months of MRI`s, CT scans, X-Rays. I have had tons of blood work drawn, seen a myriad...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Friendly, Knowledgeable, and Concerned  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Aug 23rd, 2006 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Noonan is an encyclopedia of diagnoses and is excellent at determining the true cause behind your symptoms. He won a diagnostics award i...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com