A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Francis Podbielski:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Francis Podbielski, Surgeon, Thoracic Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Francis Podbielski, FACS, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Diseases
- Pleural Empyema
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Education & Awards
Dr. Podbielski graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago.
Dr. Podbielski has 21 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy Medical Center
- Clinton Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Podbielski accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 6 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 3 plans
- Anthem - 9 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Health New England - 2 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 23 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Francis J. Podbielski practice?
Dr. Francis Podbielski practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and General Practice near Springfield, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Plymouth, MA and Chicago, IL.
See Springfield Surgeons and Springfield General Practitioners.