Pediatrician, Urologist

4401 Penn Ave
One Children’S Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15224
(412) 692-7932
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Jul 30th, 2014

We went for a second opinion for our son. He was extremely rude and we felt like we couldn't say anything without being cut off or rushed. We left feeling very frustrated and pushed aside. I personally highly respect and recommend Childrens Hospital but I absolutely do not recommend Dr. Schneck. His staff was wonderful and the visit was on time but he refused to listen as if we were holding him up. If I was sitting there telling him irrelevant things, please do kindly stop me but what I was trying to tell him was vital to caring for my son and he rudely said I don't want to hear about it and walked out! Appt over..just like that.

|  Very unprofessional and rude,  |  show details
by Jennifer Deitke on Apr 5th, 2014

My 10 yr. old son was having abdominal pain in the area of his bladder for the last 3 months. I have had him worked by GI Drs. which never relieved his pain. I'm a ER nurse for 18yrs, knowing something is wrong. He was having a hard time emptying his bladder and would only 3 times maximum a day and would leak urine at times. His pediatrician advised me that he had Urethral Stenosis and was also advised this same Dx. by 2 ER Drs. I was advised for him to follow up with urology. I made a appointment with Dr. Schneck which we live over 2 hours away. When we arrived my son was advised he needed to give a urine sample he tried several times and was unable to do so. Dr. Schneck rudely entered the exam room not even properly introducing himself, said why are you here? He stated "I looked at the papers you brought and your here because a CT Tech at a hospital said he had urine in his bladder he is fine there's nothing wrong with him, He then looked at my son and said "He's fine if I had to open every Penis I get sent to me for some narrowing that's all I would do all day." He then walk out of the room. I sat there with my mouth hanging open in disbelief thinking is this a joke! I have worked with numerous Drs. over the years and have never experienced such a thing as a nurse or a patient. My son looked at me and said why wouldn't he help me. I just sat in my chair thinking we just drove all this way to be treated so badly. We were then advised we were finished and could leave meanwhile my son was still unable to void. I don't know if he had a bad day or what but we did not deserve to be treated that way. I think he needs to retire if he is that miserable.

|  The best  |  show details
Jun 16th, 2012

Although his clinic was very busy, I did not feel rushed. Dr Schneck a long time with me and my husband and explained the problem perfectly.

|  hes good.  |  show details
Feb 1st, 2012

ive taking my son to him for two years. and although sometimes ive got mad at what he has told me, he really does know what he is talking about. its his job to info. us of the worst and he cant help that sometimes it comes off rude. but over all he knows what he is doing and is good at it.

Nov 17th, 2011

My husband and I were greatly displeased with Dr. Schneck. He rushed us through our visit, and was not informative in answering our questions regarding our son's issue. I would never recommended Dr. Schneck to anyone. We left his office feeling frustrated and pushed aside.

Oct 12th, 2011

I thought that my family's experience with Dr. Schneck was wonderful. He was very informative, patient and friendly. He had a wonderful bed-side manner and made my son feel at ease before his surgery. I would highly recommend him.

Jun 8th, 2011

I went to Dr. Schneck for a second opinion. No bed side manner did not even examine my child.

Mar 7th, 2011

I met Dr. Schneck before my daughter was even born due to reflux found on her ultrasound and from her first procedure to her last surgery he and his staff were wonderful...

|  Terrible docotor  |  show details
Jul 15th, 2010

VEry rude and uncareing to my child. Did not even care about her problem. Poor bedside manner!