Dr. Francis Shih MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 18th, 2016
best psychiatrist I've seen
I've seen several psychiatrists over the course of my life and always thought they were all mean or awful, until I remembered Dr. Shih and how kind, intelligent, and understanding he was to me when I was a difficult teenager in a bad place in my life. He was very well informed and I remember how much time he would spend to me explaining different schools of thought when it came to treating my illness, because he was not ever so arrogant, like some doctors can be, to assume his usual way worked for everyone. I really liked Dr. Shih and would recommend him to anyone. He is one of the last truly good psychiatrists out there.

March 6th, 2013
I cannot warn others in strong enough words about this doctor. He misdiagnosed my teenage daughter with depression, when if fact she had bipolar disorder and was in the depressed phase of this illness. This is a not uncommon mis-dx, but Dr. Shih insisted that teens can't be bipolar and that anti-depressants can't cause manic episodes in those with BP (which happened with my daughter). These statements are absolutely false and in disagreement with the DSM-V. We're lucky our daughter didn't die or end up in jail as a result of his incompetence.

December 17th, 2008
I saw Dr. Shih while he was in Bellevue. He's a great psychiatrist, informative, calm, unintimidating, a great "bed-side manner". I related to him and felt comfortable talking to him. His diagnosis and treatment changed my life for the better, so I'm thankful for that.