Francis K Tindall, MD

Arizona Bone & Joint Specialists
5620 E Bell Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
602-493-9361
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Carol on Apr 18th, 2014

Dr Tindall ruined my life by performing two unnecessary shoulder surgeries for what turned out to be a cervical radiculopathy ( pressure on my spinal cord) for which I ended up having neck surgery which relieved the pain I initially saw dr Tindall for. Now I am left with horrible shoulder pain in the shoulder he did surgery on that I did not have prior to shoulder surgery. He is a quack. A doctor who has been practicing this long should recognize a cervical radiculopathy when he sees it.

|  Second Surgery  |  show details
by Karin V on Jul 12th, 2013

I do not think Dr.Tindall spends the time needed with his patients. I left my appointment with him not sure what the heck was going on and he walked out of the room and I never saw him again. I truly thought he was coming back to talk to me , but no he was gone. His associate Ms. Loudy not much better at the time.. At surgery , He got the impression I must be over-doing on prior pain med's which was totally wrong and upset me just prior to surgery.I never got the impression he was too interested in me. I go back to have stitches removed and then I am DONE.!!!! Surgery is very stressful for me and I suppose everyone, and it needs to be handled with compassion are understanding.I wish it could have been so much better.

Jun 14th, 2013

If you go see this doctor make sure you do your research! He wanted to due surgery but didn't want to tell me why I needed it. Just remember you have the right to know what is going on and why.

Doctor's Response

We apologize that you feel you had a bad experience at Arizona Bone and Joint Specialists. We aim to keep all of our patients well informed about their treatment programs and would be happy to address your complaints personally; please feel free to call us at 602-493-9361.

|  The Best Bone Specialist in the World.  |  show details
by Suzanne Knight on Jun 10th, 2013

I broke the same leg twice and because of Dr.Tindall I Dont Have a limp . I do not have any problem with the weather at all , if not for a little scar on my knee you would never know my leg had ever been broken. I love Dr. Tindall . I tell ev eryone that Dr.Tindall is the best.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for a kind reviews, I love seeing my patients get back on their feet after surgery. Helping patients get back to doing what they enjoy has been my passion for many years, and I look forward to helping those in need of orthopedic care in the future.

|  Visit  |  show details
by carol Churh on Jun 8th, 2013

Very nice doctor took his time with me and explained things very well went over my xray very relaxed which made me very comfortable. No waiting time I would go back to him and recommend him

by Mary Bonnell on Apr 10th, 2013

Dr Tindall saw me for recurring hip pain and helped me tremendously. He diagnosed my problem accurately and the treatment gave me immediate relief. He was also diligent in following up and calling to check on me. I highly recommend him for his skill and excellent bedside manner!

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind feedback on behalf of the AZB medical staff! It is our goal to help patients restore their active lifestyles and we only hope to continue helping those in need of orthopedic care.

|  Wrist tenosynovitis  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2012

I came to Dr. Tindall for a second opinion on whether I needed surgery or not. He paid more attention to the fact that he dropped his pen than to the questions I had. In reviewing my medical records he actually said he hadn't heard of one of the anatomical parts of my wrist! Wow. He should consider retiring because he cursed repeatedly during his short time with me, and it was his PA, Gordon Mankins who administered a cortisone shot to my wrist. I would not feel comfortable recommending him to anyone

Jul 21st, 2012

I found Dr. Tindall to be very thorough with explanations related to my health issues. He is very compassionate and truly is interested in his patients care as is his P.A., Gordon Mankins and M.A., Char Loudy. I would highly recommend him for any bone and joint issues.

Apr 15th, 2012

Good doctor. Very good PA in office. Very good Patient Support Specialist

|  Dennis Boldron  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2012

Very attentive and caring. Very good follow-up.

|  Avoid!  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2008

Tindall should retire from the field. He told me knee surgery would have me back to running (which ended up a second opinion post-surgery dictated absolutely no more running if I wanted to avoid knee replacement!). Had to have a 2nd surgery from another surgeon. Tindall over corrected a lateral release (patella) that can't be corrected, and he totally missed an obvious large lesion shown on the film that had to be removed by another surgeon. He's full of himself, too. Thought I did my homework with choosing him, but I was wrong.