A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Francis Walsh:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Francis Walsh is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Walsh
Diabetic Nerve Pain Patient Education Read our patient education guide and understand diabetic nerve pain and symptoms and treatments for nerve damage.Before Visiting Dr. Walsh Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Francis Walsh, MD is board certified in Neurology and Sleep Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Anticonvulsive Drugs
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Walsh graduated from Wake Forest University, Winston Salem.
Dr. Walsh has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Danville Regional Medical Center
- Memorial Hosp Martinsville
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Francis Xavier Walsh MD is a male Neurologist, has 26 years of experience and practices in Neurology, Psychiatry, and Sleep Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Francis X. Walsh practice?
- Dr. Francis Walsh has 1 office location.
Dr. Francis Walsh practices Neurology, Psychiatry, and Sleep Medicine near Martinsville, VA.
See Martinsville Neurologists and Martinsville Psychiatrists.