Dr. Francis Wapner MD Patient Reviews

3.9

March 21st, 2016
Disappointing
Waited 35 minutes to talk with him for less than 3 minutes about my eyes' failing to focus. He to didn't do a complete exam and told me to go ahead and go get a new prescription and then we would talk again. I noticed that there were 3-4 patients scheduled at the same time I was. It was like another reviewer had said, an impersonal assembly line.

January 23rd, 2016
Service Manager
My biggest complaint was Dr. Wapner and his inability to sit still and listen to what the patient wants. I went in to get a new prescription and contacts. I like to golf wearing contacts because it eliminates the fishbowl effect while putting. He told me he would not prescribe them because my eyes were too dry. He told me I could see better with glasses. He has an arrogant attitude and I found him abrupt and seemingly in a hurry. No beside manner. No real carrying for the patient. I would never refer any of my friends to him. I wish I had looked at the reviews before I wasted my time at his office.

October 26th, 2015
Many Fake Reviews
There are a lot of fake 5 star reviews for Dr. Wapner on this site. It is very easy to spot them. I find it interesting that most of his reviews are either one star or five star -- there is no in between.

October 26th, 2015
I was on an assembly line!
I felt like I was part of an assembly line. He spent very little personal time with me. Six months later, I also had a vision emergency and he would not see me because it was a Friday and he was leaving early. Thank heavens I got into see another doctor in time in order to save my vision. He also did my diabetic husband's cataract surgery and refused to order the nurse to test my husband's blood sugar after the surgery while we were waiting in recovery. Unbelievable! I will not use him again.

March 20th, 2015
Another perfect result
Dr. Wapner did a fantastic job. His staff is courteous and works with you to make the overall experience positive. His office is a bit dated, but the equipment he uses is first-rate, the same as every other LASIK center in the valley. His knowledge and experience are what set him apart from the other places I visited. He tends to talk fast, which may seem like he's trying to rush you, but he was willing to listen to all my questions and answer them thoroughly. My case was more complicated than normal, and he did everything he could to put me at ease and make sure the results were perfect. I'd recommend him to anyone.

September 17th, 2013
Avoid
Avoid this place. They can't get the billing correct no matter how many times you call. The heavy set lady at the front desk is rude.

August 22nd, 2013
He didn't do a complete eye exam, yet he charged for one. He is in too much of a hurry to leave the room. He is a really loud talker, if you don't want the whole office to hear then don't go to him. Waste of my money, I will be going somewhere else.

August 14th, 2013
I Definitely Recommend Dr. Wapner
Very professional, first-class, first-rate. My experience was extremely good. Dr. Wapner was very friendly and informative. I knew he knew exactly what he was doing. I felt comfortable and extremely confident at all times. LASIK worked very well. I see 20/20 now!

April 7th, 2013
Excellent
I Have been seeing with Dr. Wapner for 20 years. Each time he is professional and caring. I refer all my friends and family to him. His staff is the most courteous staff I have ever met

February 18th, 2013
Wait time and appointment ease were good. Wapner and his assistant were anything but professional and courteous. Will not be going back to him again. I don't feel there was care or concern when discussing my vision problems with them. Not to mention they billed the wrong insurance for the visit. Would not recommend them to anyone.

May 7th, 2012
Wonderful care from an office that was very professional, with an outstanding attitude. Dr. Wapner was very attentive and was happy that he was able to see me so quickly for my problem!

May 5th, 2012
Dr. Wapner performed Lasik on my badly astigmatized eyes 6 years ago--my life has been better ever since! He continues to be my the only eye doctor I recommend to people who are considering this procedure.