A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Francis Yao:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Francis Yao is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Francis Yao, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Liver Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Yao graduated from Yeshiva University, Bronx.
Dr. Yao has 7 hospital affiliations:
- California Pacific Medical Center - Davies Campus
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Yao accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Cigna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Alameda Alliance for Health - 2 plans
- Health Plan of San Joaquin - 4 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 77 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 2 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 1 plan