A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Francis Yao:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Francis Yao is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Francis Yao, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Cancer
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Yao graduated from Yeshiva University, Bronx.
Dr. Yao has 7 hospital affiliations:
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
- California Pacific Medical Center - Davies Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Francis Yung-Kang Yao MD is a male Internist, has 24 years of experience and practices in Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Francis Y. Yao practice?
- Dr. Francis Yao has 3 office locations.
Dr. Francis Yao practices Gastroenterology near San Francisco, CA.
Additional practice locations include: San Jose, CA.
See San Francisco Gastroenterologists.